Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it FINALLY happened. OD of 8/15, only took 130 days to delivery. I finally picked up the car today. Everything was great. No gap issues, charger worked, USB ports there (it seems that storm has passed), and great delivery experience. For those of you that have been following my saga, you can understand when I say I deserved a good delivery experience. on the way home i gunned it at a light and got light headed. My son enjoyed it so much he made me pull over on the highway so I could pull out again from a dead start. I wasn’t exactly the model father this afternoon. Luckily he’s been driving for a while so he ignores me now anyway.

Thanks to all of you that have been so supportive and informative throughout this process. This has been a great place to learn and stress release. It’s been nice having cyber friends to chat with when my family is sick of listening. Knowing so many of you are doing the same stupid s#&t as me, like refreshing the app 20 times a day, makes me feel almost normal.

Good luck to all of you who haven’t received your VINs yet. Your time will come and you will quickly forget the pain.

Have a Merry Christmas all.
Congrats! Xmas came a day early for you. Let the wait for the upcoming update(s) begin! In case you missed it here's a link
Model 3 Light Show

Reactions: Benelli and EV70
I think they were just being upfront and honest and said the final paperwork will make a reference to it. I did email up the chain and have the Regional Manager help resolve the situation. After hearing back from him, the underlings seemed to improve their customer support by noticeable orders of magnitude.
Could have been damaged in shipping. I wouldn't worry about it myself.

Reactions: ICEMelter
My wife and I had a painless ordering and delivery experience. We sold our 2019 M3 MR RWD to a local car dealer and ordered a new LR AWD on December 10th. We weren’t expecting delivery until February or March so I just figured I’d drive my old truck around (ugh) until the new M3 got here. To our surprise, we received our VIN on 12/18 and then picked up the car on 12/20. The only hiccup with the delivery was we arrived about an hour before our scheduled time so one of the techs at the delivery center (Rocklin, CA) had to manually ”deliver” the car to us in their system so it would allow us to operate it from the app. Other than that, we didn’t talk to a single person. Everything was done in the app or on the website.

As far as the car, so far so good. No issues to report. We have a 2021 MY seven-seater that we bought last June that has been in for service several times for minor issues (wheels out of alignment, driver’s side mirror wobbling, MCU replacement - all fixed under warranty).

Best of luck to those of you still waiting for your new car. We bought our first 2019 M3 MR RWD sight unseen and it instantly made us believers. We won’t buy another gas powered car if we can help it.

2BDE1628-1BA6-47B5-BEFA-901200A455ED.jpeg

My wife and I had a painless ordering and delivery experience. We sold our 2019 M3 MR RWD to a local car dealer and ordered a new LR AWD on December 10th. We weren’t expecting delivery until February or March so I just figured I’d drive my old truck around (ugh) until the new M3 got here. To our surprise, we received our VIN on 12/18 and then picked up the car on 12/20. The only hiccup with the delivery was we arrived about an hour before our scheduled time so one of the techs at the delivery center (Rocklin, CA) had to manually ”deliver” the car to us in their system so it would allow us to operate it from the app. Other than that, we didn’t talk to a single person. Everything was done in the app or on the website.

As far as the car, so far so good. No issues to report. We have a 2021 MY seven-seater that we bought last June that has been in for service several times for minor issues (wheels out of alignment, driver’s side mirror wobbling, MCU replacement - all fixed under warranty).

Best of luck to those of you still waiting for your new car. We bought our first 2019 M3 MR RWD sight unseen and it instantly made us believers. We won’t buy another gas powered car if we can help it.

View attachment 747671
Unreal turn around.

With all the tricks and feedback from this forum, if I had to order again, would do it much differently.

Well, it FINALLY happened. OD of 8/15, only took 130 days to delivery. I finally picked up the car today. Everything was great. No gap issues, charger worked, USB ports there (it seems that storm has passed), and great delivery experience. For those of you that have been following my saga, you can understand when I say I deserved a good delivery experience. on the way home i gunned it at a light and got light headed. My son enjoyed it so much he made me pull over on the highway so I could pull out again from a dead start. I wasn’t exactly the model father this afternoon. Luckily he’s been driving for a while so he ignores me now anyway.

Thanks to all of you that have been so supportive and informative throughout this process. This has been a great place to learn and stress release. It’s been nice having cyber friends to chat with when my family is sick of listening. Knowing so many of you are doing the same stupid s#&t as me, like refreshing the app 20 times a day, makes me feel almost normal.

Good luck to all of you who haven’t received your VINs yet. Your time will come and you will quickly forget the pain.

Awesome experience. Enjoy the car.

Reactions: EV70

Beautiful! Congratulations to you! It’s been a long journey for you. This is a new beginning. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: The Meal and EV70

Well deserved!! Enjoy your new M3!!!

Congrats! Xmas came a day early for you. Let the wait for the upcoming update(s) begin! In case you missed it here's a link
Model 3 Light Show
Oh man, I hadn’t seen that yet. That’s awesome! I’m sitting here waiting for my update to finish installing. It’s the first thing I did when I woke up. Saw the alert and went right to update. Pathetic. I’ll surprise the family with that one. My only problem this morning is that I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and it’s still flurrying. I don’t want to take it out in snow yet. Let the cruel emotional tricks continue!

Thanks for the heads up on the light show.

Oh man, I hadn’t seen that yet. That’s awesome! I’m sitting here waiting for my update to finish installing. It’s the first thing I did when I woke up. Saw the alert and went right to update. Pathetic. I’ll surprise the family with that one. My only problem this morning is that I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and it’s still flurrying. I don’t want to take it out in snow yet. Let the cruel emotional tricks continue!

Thanks for the heads up on the light show.
Did you get the 2021.44.25? I'm still waiting on it. Can you put it on a flash drive and mail it to me? 😄 Can't wait. My daughter's gonna love it!