Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 11/29
1st EDD: Feb 2022
2nd EDD: 01/01 - 01/19
3rd EDD: 12/20-12/31 (This one only lasted for 3 days, coincidentally right after going for a test drive)
4th EDD: 01/01 - 01/29 (It got pushed back for some reason)

I called Tesla customer yesterday asking them why it had gotten pushed back but they didn't really know why, however, they asked me if I could take delivery before the end of the year and I said yes. They said that there might be a possibility I could get a VIN assigned before the year ends as many people refuse delivery because they're not ready to yet. So we'll see how it goes...

This might be a dumb question but when new vehicles hit Tesla's website, do they include FSD or are they trying to make 10k? It's never been obvious to me but would hope it would include it.
Screenshot_20211227-182822.png

• Funny
Reactions: Ashn
Aw man. Let's see if I can't do this process full justice.

M3LR / Red / 18" Aero / Black+White / no FSD (yet)
OD: 12/3
EDDs:
February​
17 Mar - 15 Apr​
19 - 31 Dec​
22 Jan - 19 Feb​
25 - 31 Dec​
VIN: (12/17)
Delivery dates:
(12/18): 27 Dec​
(12/23): 28 Dec (pushed back due to transit delays)​
(12/27): 30 Dec​

Got a call from the local delivery center. Car arrived this afternoon but upon inspection they noticed three "rice-sized" paint chips. I was given the option to accept delivery tomorrow anyway and service center it, or to wait until the 30th after their "paint guy" came by on Wednesday. Sadly, in prep for the delivery I thought I was receiving tomorrow, I turned satellite radio off of my to-be trade-in today, so now I've got two more days of driving around with terrestrial music options (I suppose just like it's going to be after I get my new Tesla...).

They're obviously getting dangerously close to calendar-flipping day with my delivery. Had my car arrived on December 30th and they noticed some paint chips, I doubt I'd have been given the option to just let them hang onto it until everything was made right.

Still, worse problems to have out there in the world right now. Stay safe everyone.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Anyone had to pick up their car in the rain? I’m wondering how am I gonna inspect it when it’s raining?

I was told the same thing. 100 miles to put in service for whatever wrong. I’m gonna make sure they put it down in paper. Including cosmetic because I won’t be able to inspect it in the rain and see what they say.
They had our cars under a covered garage at the convention center.
20211227_174346.jpg

Update: picked her up at 4:30PM today!

Delivery went without a hitch. Just did a quick walk-around the car before accepting delivery on the app as it started drizzling. Exterior of the car was all good. There were dirty marks on the interior driver side A-pillar but nothing that a little cleaner can’t handle. Overall, it was all good!

Haven’t had a chance to take lots of pictures yet as it started pouring right when we parked at the restaurant for a little celebratory dinner. Lots to configure and accessories to install! Can’t wait for the weekend!

40755D19-89E2-45B6-9DBD-6DE8A36C7597.jpeg

Just checked my account of ML3LR and not sure how they just removed my hold with an EDD of TBD. Hoping to call them tomorrow to understand that how it was removed from hold without me doing it. I'm so angry on Tesla now. If they play this kind of game then, I may cancel all my orders.:mad::mad: Did any of you also saw this happening?

Last edited:
Update: picked her up at 4:30PM today!

Delivery went without a hitch. Just did a quick walk-around the car before accepting delivery on the app as it started drizzling. Exterior of the car was all good. There were dirty marks on the interior driver side A-pillar but nothing that a little cleaner can’t handle. Overall, it was all good!

Haven’t had a chance to take lots of pictures yet as it started pouring right when we parked at the restaurant for a little celebratory dinner. Lots to configure and accessories to install! Can’t wait for the weekend!

View attachment 749070
Congrats. Looks great.

Reactions: rfaquino
I'd just wait till you get back, and if they try to get a hold of you, tell them you thought the order was on hold until 12/31. The EDD change is probably just them prioritizing people on hold in their system, or something to that effect. I wouldn't think too much of it.