Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: picked her up at 4:30PM today!

Delivery went without a hitch. Just did a quick walk-around the car before accepting delivery on the app as it started drizzling. Exterior of the car was all good. There were dirty marks on the interior driver side A-pillar but nothing that a little cleaner can’t handle. Overall, it was all good!

Haven’t had a chance to take lots of pictures yet as it started pouring right when we parked at the restaurant for a little celebratory dinner. Lots to configure and accessories to install! Can’t wait for the weekend!

View attachment 749070
You're really testing out the ground clearance with that parking block underneath. Hope it didn't snag you up on the way out!

• Funny
Reactions: GeoG
I was just talking about this with a friend. Traditional auto manufacturers change their style every couple years to get people to buy "the latest" and the seem to spend little on tech. I'm glad Tesla has destroyed this concept with OTA updates and avoiding typical dealership buying experience. While there are manufacturing flaws at times (not sure it's even more than today's ICE vehicles), it's still a much better end product and buying experience for most. Looking at the Ford Lightning, some dealers have notified their customers they are adding a markup 10k-30k, insane. This is why I went with a Tesla, can't wait to take delivery.
I had a 2019 M3 and never complained about about the Intel chip causing any of the media to be slow, it just wasn't anything that crossed my mind as wishing it were improved upon. Having worked in the semiconductor industry for a few decades I learned to not wait for the next generation chip that was just around the corner or I'd still be waiting. The incremental OTA and physical improvements Tesla makes during production, plus not needing to mentally prepare myself for a dealer "experience" made my decision to order another Tesla super easy. Now, it would be sweet if my EDD would move to a date range instead of TBD.