Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is an October order, too. There is also some talk about a 90-day window, so not sure if we are in danger of being cancelled if we do another hold.
Before they cancel our order, they'd send us a friendly email saying -"Hey, take your order now, or else." We should be good.
worst case scenario, I lose 250 deposit, I'll just order another LR then. Don't sweat it.

I'm not doing another hold. There will always be something newer and shinier in the next update. I'm okay with my Netflix screen taking an additional 5 seconds to load.
I was initially thinking the same and frankly speaking I do not care about watching Netflix or Youtube in my M3. However, down the road with more software updates coming as we still own the car, it makes sense to have a better processor. At this point I am not planning to put another hold but once I receive a VIN, I plan to verify with the SA if the car has the Ryzen and the updated 12V Li-Ion battery. If not, I think it is OK to reject the VIN and take the next one without any hold. It would just put you back to the line I assume.

Mine is an October order, too. There is also some talk about a 90-day window, so not sure if we are in danger of being cancelled if we do another hold.
That is indeed the question to be answered. My original OD is from mid-September. I have already placed one hold which expired on January 1. Am toying with another hold to obtain updated AMD chip. My updated EDD is Jan 7 (today!) to January 21. Likely to hear something soon.

I was initially thinking the same and frankly speaking I do not care about watching Netflix or Youtube in my M3. However, down the road with more software updates coming as we still own the car, it makes sense to have a better processor. At this point I am not planning to put another hold but once I receive a VIN, I plan to verify with the SA if the car has the Ryzen and the updated 12V Li-Ion battery. If not, I think it is OK to reject the VIN and take the next one without any hold. It would just put you back to the line I assume.
I get what you are saying, but right now nobody knows what % of new model 3's are actually being equipped with the Ryzen chip. For all we know, it could be 5% of new deliveries, and may not be 100% until June / July. There's no guarantee that the vin after next will have those items.

The said processor is for the infotainment system only. I doubt it'll affect any other functionality. But I understand what you're saying. And you have way more patience than me 😀

OD 11/7 on SR+ (RWD)
white/black/aero wheels/no FSD
Upgraded to LR on 12/12
EDD was 1/1-1/29. Woke up on 1/2 with an EDD of 1/6-2/3. This is the second time it’s been pushed back once I enter the EDD range. When I upgraded the estimated delivery was February so I’m hoping I won’t have to wait longer than that.
Pushed back another week 1/15-2/12. I kind of expected it this time. It’s frustrating seeing people on here get cars so fast but it’s all part of the game I guess. I’ll reach out to Tesla and see if they have any info.

Reactions: backlash224
The said processor is for the infotainment system only. I doubt it'll affect any other functionality. But I understand what you're saying. And you have way more patience than me 😀
There is some mention of the screen blacking out or freezing with the Intel Atom processor, so not only infotainment related. In my case, I am patient, but my teenage boy is not :)

Reactions: whiskeylover