Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR / White / Black / 18" / No FSD
Order Date: 10/17 (East Coast - Delivering from NJ to NH)
Original EDD : December
11/08 - Placed on Hold until 1/2
12/31 - Hold Removed automatically
12/31 - EDD #1 : TBD
01/04 - EDD #2 : 3/09 - 3/31
No VIN yet

M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD 10/30/2021
1st VIN Posted 12/21/2021
Received Schedule Delivery Text on 12/21/2021
Released VIN and placed delivery hold on 12/23/2021
Released hold on 1/1/2022
1/2/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022
1/6/2022: EDD 1/14/2022 to 1/28/2022
Same car specs, I must be just behind you in line...
OD mid-Nov. Delivery hold until Jan 1.
EDD moved from 03/09 - 03/31 to 01/21 - 02/18 today

Nada, just curious if anyone here still has hope it will eventually pass. Not that it matters.
There is still a chance this will pass and, as currently written, the credits should be retroactive to Jan 1, 2022 but I'm not holding my breath. They may rewrite parts of it including the retroactive credit or it simply may not be passed at all.

There is still a chance this will pass and, as currently written, the credits should be retroactive to Jan 1, 2022 but I'm not holding my breath. They may rewrite parts of it including the retroactive credit or it simply may not be passed at all.
should and may are two very different words and should be used carefully when talking about uncertainty. May is definitely a better word for the above statement.

If that's the case I will take delivery in Q1 and be participating in the lottery :) I do not plan to delay to Q2.
Same here. I usually don't mind playing the gamble for missing out on Tesla features, but this chip definitely seems like it would future proof the car quite a bit. I can definitely see features, apps, or UI being limited to Ryzen owners in the future and would hate to have a car that retains much less value because I didn't wait a month or so.

Same here. I usually don't mind playing the gamble for missing out on Tesla features, but this chip definitely seems like it would future proof the car quite a bit. I can definitely see features, apps, or UI being limited to Ryzen owners in the future and would hate to have a car that retains much less value because I didn't wait a month or so.
Since (according to one source) they are planning to complete the transition by Q2, to be absolutely sure, you would need to postpone more than a month. Any delivery earlier means just trying your luck if you get the chip or not. In my case, I am planning to get the info (if I can of course) once the VIN is assigned and then I will weigh my options but right now, I am planning on not delaying further at least not with a hold. I might reject a VIN once to try my luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: montanaco
As currently written, the credits are retroactive to Jan 1. The uncertainty is that it can be rewritten and will it even pass.
That's correct. The current wording is for vehicles purchased after Dec 31, 2021. So unless they rewrite it and make it effective from the bill signing date for example (a low probability) it will be retroactive. On the other hand, the probability of the bill passing at all is unfortunately low, too. Let's wait and see. Fingers crossed.