Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they’ll match it to someone else or put it in the inventory; i have the exact same config except i chose black interior vs white interior
The VIN will probably take a couple of days to actually be released. Then I believe Tesla will match the VIN to the next person in line for the same config that is picking up at or near that delivery center.

M3LR - White Exterior, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD, CA

EDD: March 9-31

Does anyone know where I can sell my car that has an accident on record? I tried Carvana and it was crazy low, then I realized they don't buy cars with an accident on its record.

2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid, 25k miles. It comes off-lease at the end of February, but I need a car until my LR is delivered. I am thinking about buying it and then selling it once I get delivery.

Does anyone know where I can sell my car that has an accident on record? I tried Carvana and it was crazy low, then I realized they don't buy cars with an accident on its record.

2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid, 25k miles. It comes off-lease at the end of February, but I need a car until my LR is delivered. I am thinking about buying it and then selling it once I get delivery.
Have you tried reaching out to Infiniti? Sometimes they'll let you do an extension

Just got off the phone with Tesla. My vin was build on 01/08, and it has the Intel chip. She also told me that cars will gradually transition to new processor throughout the year, no guarantee of when that is. So the 01/11 transition date might be true, but who knows, it could be the end of Q2 2022 as well. Also, if I put this on hold, I have to accept the next vin or lose the deposit and order again...decisions decision...

Just got off the phone with Tesla. My vin was build on 01/08, and it has the Intel chip. She also told me that cars will gradually transition to new processor throughout the year, no guarantee of when that is. So the 01/11 transition date might be true, but who knows, it could be the end of Q2 2022 as well. Also, if I put this on hold, I have to accept the next vin or lose the deposit and order again...decisions decision...
What is your order date, configuration, and current EDD?

It's a tossup at this point.

What is your order date, configuration, and current EDD?
OD: 11/15, LR Blue/White 19s, no FSD, EDD Jan 25-Jan29. Debating on putting it on hold..the speed difference of the few videos out there on the AMD show good improvement over Intel
It's a tossup at this point.
True.. The car is a gift for my dad, so not sure if he'll really realize the processor speed difference, but for a $55k car, i don't think he'll mind waiting another month or so for potentially getting the AMD. I on the other hand, don't want to lose out on the AMD for a few weeks over this expensive of a car.

Check out Tesla, Carmax, Vroom and Driveway and see what they are willing to pay. Compare that with how much it would cost you to buy out the lease for your Infiniti. Depending on the delta, you can decide if its worth buying it out to only use for one month. Also understand, if you do buy out your lease, you will have to pay add'l sales tax. But some places won't take the purchase until you have a title on hand, thus your lien is released.

It is highly likely you will receive your new LR by the end of March, since that's quarter-end. It is also possible you will take delivery early March, and you're only using your Infiniti for the extra week or two. Depending if the delta is in my favor, where I'm going to make money off the lease and selling it to Carmax or the like, I would consider just getting a Lyft/Uber for times I need a ride, carpooling with co-worker on work days, or renting a car. If you just need to get a ride to do your Costco shopping for the day, rent a U-haul pickup truck for $20.

Or, if you want your new Tesla sooner, consider looking at what they have in inventory and request the FSD to be removed. Also check out the M3 Performance for an estimated February delivery date.