Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to add another data point as I wait for my Model 3.

Specs: Red, black interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

10/30: OD
11/16: Received VIN and placed on hold
12/29: Hold automatically removed by Tesla, EDD TBD
1/4: EDD March 5-31
1/6: EDD January 28-February 11

No change since 1/6. Fingers crossed to get a car with the recent improvements!
Welcome aboard, Captain. Hope you can break through and be the first delivery in NC on here!

Can anyone help me decrypt this? DA took my VIN down and replied that this vehicle had the "Standard 12Volt battery" assigned to it. Is standard the older battery or the newer battery? This really is just more curiosity than anything else...I'm taking the vehicle either way!
Maybe I should read to the end of this thread to see if anyone already answered you on this (these waiting room threads are super fast moving). All model 3s prior to these 2022 changes use a regular 12V battery that cost $85 when purchased from tesla. Its not even an AGM battery.

The responds of "standard 12v battery" means "the one that was in the cars before any of these changes were made, not the Li-Ion new battery".

Reactions: Semper Yut
Seeing everyone's fall 2021 orders have an EDD for Jan-Feb does not instill confidence in my Jan-Feb EDD on a 1/06/2022 order.
If you look a large majority of them put the order on hold to see if the bill passed for extra money and also some waiting for new upgrades. I ordered 1/2 and have similar time frame to you.
OD Jan 2nd
Jan 7th upgraded to Jan 27 to Feb 7th.
Yesterday downgraded to Feb 4th to March 4th.
This is an order from Delaware for pickup in the nations armpit(New Jersey).

Seeing everyone's fall 2021 orders have an EDD for Jan-Feb does not instill confidence in my Jan-Feb EDD on a 1/06/2022 order.
Tesla's logistics are a complete mystery, but I wouldn't be surprised if we follow the geography trend of previous quarters and a bunch CA orders get bumped to end of quarter / March timeframe. Mine went from a Jan 12-22 ETA to late march overnight.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to add another data point as I wait for my Model 3.

Specs: Red, black interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

10/30: OD
11/16: Received VIN and placed on hold
12/29: Hold automatically removed by Tesla, EDD TBD
1/4: EDD March 5-31
1/6: EDD January 28-February 11

No change since 1/6. Fingers crossed to get a car with the recent improvements!
Really interesting, this is my friends order from Raleigh, NC and he never put a hold on his order. His order is one month earlier and current EDD is one month later than yours!

Red/Black 18" Aero
OD: 9/28
EDD (at order): December
Current EDD: 2/14 - 3/14

Have really a hard time understanding Tesla's VIN/EDD assignment algorithm given that Charlotte, NC and Raleigh, NC are really close centers.

Really interesting, this is my friends order from Raleigh, NC and he never put a hold on his order. His order is one month earlier and current EDD is one month later than yours!

Red/Black 18" Aero

Have really a hard time understanding Tesla's VIN/EDD assignment algorithm given that Charlotte, NC and Raleigh, NC are really close centers.
It’s the red paint. Someone pointed it out on here.

There were mentions of new paint schemes popping up in MY order code, wonder if it’s related. Could explain some of what we are seeing. From what I recall past few days, white seems to be the fastest moving, maybe?

It’s the red paint. Someone pointed it out on here.

There were mentions of new paint schemes popping up in MY order code, wonder if it’s related. Could explain some of what we are seeing. From what I recall past few days, white seems to be the fastest moving, maybe?
Well the Charlotte order I was referring to has the red paint too, but it is a one month later order and has a one month earlier EDD. So identical color and config but one is Charlotte the other Raleigh

What is your recommendation for a private sale? It seems that so many websites will charge me for listing and I don't know which ones are the best for your buck. Tesla, Carmax and Carvana sound fine but I'd not mind working a bit harder to get a better offer. Thanks!
I actually just listed on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. On Facebook I boosted my listing and probably got around 40-50 bites

I actually just listed on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. On Facebook I boosted my listing and probably got around 40-50 bites
I sold two of my previous cars on Craigslist as well but this was pre-covid, so it might be tricky now. In the current situation, Vroom has right now the best offer on my car, so most likely I will either sell to them or Carvana when the time comes.

Red/Black 18" Aero

I’m curious to see if my order gets pushed out. It seems to be earlier than most of the other red paint cars that I’ve seen being posted in this thread.