Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got done getting quotes for all the major insurance companies since Allstate keeps raising their rates.
3 cars 100/300/100 with 0/500 deductibles for comp/collision
Allstate, Liberty Mutual, GEICO, Farmers all came in around $300-400 a month for all 3 cars
Nationwide, Progressive, StateFarm all got me closer to $200 a month for all 3 but my homeowners insurance increased, I called my Motorcycle insurance broker to see what he could do since he was a Progressive agent and he couldnt match the online Progressive quote referring to it as Progressive Direct.

Finally a Farmers agent called me back informing me she could get a better rate than what online showed. For $185 a month on all 3 cars, 250/500/100 100/500 deductibles and got my home owners slightly cheaper. Progressive was still about half price for my motorcycle.

Nobody knows for sure. The survey / tracker sheet seems suspect to me, and I believe there's actually only been one model 3 with photo evidence of having the AMD / Ryzen. While the Y's seem to have shifted over with a good portion of new deliveries include the AMD's, none of the recent deliveries for 3's posted in this forum in the past few weeks have had any AMD's at all.
That one model 3 has an oddly low VIN too (139xxx). Makes me wonder if it was a Tesla employee astroturfing or something.

Reactions: Paul4343
I think it's also worth mentioning the spreadsheet/form I created to track this data. In addition to posting here, folks should fill this out when they take delivery regardless of whether the car has AMD or Intel. We have almost 100 submissions already from Fremont made Model 3/Y:

Form: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker
Responses: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Ya and the Model 3 LR that said he had a Ryzen submitted yesterday (row 89) under username it says "Idontreallyhaveryzen".
And the model 3 on row 81 username is "Sike You Thought"

So ya i'm thinking the 3s are going to get all the old hardware for now.

Ya and the Model 3 LR that said he had a Ryzen submitted yesterday (row 89) under username it says "Idontreallyhaveryzen".
And the model 3 on row 81 username is "Sike You Thought"

So ya i'm thinking the 3s are going to get all the old hardware for now.
Agree. Any available new (Ryzen) hardware appears destined for Ys exclusively until all old (Atom) hardware is exhausted...

1. They really dont have 2.
2. All orders placed were placed with assumption that the processor/battery were intel and non li-ion. If you get the new processor its like a free extra, though i will say I want to hold out for the processor personally.
Guess that makes sense. But the problem is that the car with the intel chip will likely depreciate a lot more off the lot. Having announced the new chip and having brgun delivery with the new chip in some parts of the world, Tesla should not ship cars with an old chip just because of existing inventory. Am sure they have sufficient margins to stomach that loss. Secondly it’s a level of detail that most customers are not aware of when buying a car. You generally expect to get the latest available version. Although I guess we as a group may be more savvy 😊

On V11? Seems V11 UI is what has begun causing the excessive lag with the Intel Atom.

Maybe the software isn't optimized and the Intel struggles, or maybe it just wasn't designed for such an outdated processor.
No issues whatsoever in my friends 2018 M3LR. Didn’t see any lag or delays with reverse camera or any other feature. Yes it does take additional taps, but UI performance is pretty much same for the average user.

Reactions: Maple00