Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm super curious if all these upcoming Ryzen deliveries end up panning out. My SA went from "all new cars have Ryzen" to me prodding him to double check and then eventually coming back with "Oh sorry, its Intel". I hope nobody gets the short end of the stick here, but its interesting to see things shift so fast back in the favor of Ryzen in just the last week.

I'm super curious if all these upcoming Ryzen deliveries end up panning out. My SA went from "all new cars have Ryzen" to me prodding him to double check and then eventually coming back with "Oh sorry, its Intel". I hope nobody gets the short end of the stick here, but its interesting to see things shift so fast back in the favor of Ryzen in just the last week.
I have the exact same experience

Reactions: M3PDOC
For those of us suffering through absolutely no variation in Eternal Delivery Dates, I bring you hope. It isn't that my date moved forward or back, it's the fact that I now know they know my order exists, even if it's just a line entry in a database. I will also allow there is a Greater Force looking over our shoulders. Yesterday, I decided to sell my old car to a local dealer to lock in the value. Today, I wake to an EDD 2 weeks earlier. Coincidence?

Do we start chilling the Champagne? No, now I get to enjoy the roller coaster that is finally my turn to ride. Also that Greater Force knows that the electrician won't be here for several weeks, so I should expect the actual Delivery Date to be either long before, or after, that date. And what are the chances that the wall charger will be delivered before the electrician? I am stepping on no cracks and spilling no salt.
Blue/White/19"/Denver, No holds, No FSD, No calls to SA.
OD: 12/10
EDD1: 2/22-3/22
EDD2 (1/18): 2/9-3/9

Seeing so many orders of MSM with black interior and aero wheels being given VIN numbers makes me hopeful I'll get mine soon. I'm in the southern California picking up in Burbank. As of now my EDD has not changed which is weird since so many on here had theirs changed this morning. For me as of 10:50am pst It's still showing 1/18-2/15.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-105107.png
    Screenshot_20220118-105107.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: alasdairob
All the recent feedback is indeed interesting and I am taking in the new info with a grain of salt, it still caused me to re-evaluate my situation. When I inquired about my assigned VIN, my SA directly said that the AMD Ryzen is not included in Model 3 production, yet and also said that my VIN does not have the new Li-Ion battery.

Since I am in no rush, I released the VIN today and put one final hold on the order until Feb 16. So someone who is waiting on a White/Black M3LR Aero and who does not care about the new chip or new 12V battery will get this VIN (158xxx) and be happy soon :)

My latest status is now as follows:

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158XXX) assigned on Jan 16
Released VIN on Jan 18
Order put on hold until Feb 16

Been lurking on these forums since ordering my first Tesla back in November, learned a lot of valuable info so figured I'd contribute now!

OD 11/23
MSM/18" Aero Wheels/White/No FSD
EDD on OD: 1/25-2/22
EDD as of 1/11: 2/23-3/23

Honestly okay with the EDD range being pushed out since I'm not opposed to waiting a little longer for the Ryzen... but also can't wait to stop obsessively checking the app every day.
Sounds about right based on what we are seeing with this MSM serial coming off the presses in Fremont (my assumption). I think you and I missed the boat on this run, hopefully there is another right behind.

Seeing so many orders of MSM with black interior and aero wheels being given VIN numbers makes me hopeful I'll get mine soon. I'm in the southern California picking up in Burbank. As of now my EDD has not changed which is weird since so many on here had theirs changed this morning. For me as of 10:50am pst It's still showing 1/18-2/15.
i gonna pickup at 2 in Burbank. I got the MSM/Black/AERO

All the recent feedback is indeed interesting and I am taking in the new info with a grain of salt, it still caused me to re-evaluate my situation. When I inquired about my assigned VIN, my SA directly said that the AMD Ryzen is not included in Model 3 production, yet and also said that my VIN does not have the new Li-Ion battery.

Since I am in no rush, I released the VIN today and put one final hold on the order until Feb 16. So someone who is waiting on a White/Black M3LR Aero and who does not care about the new chip or new 12V battery will get this VIN (158xxx) and be happy soon :)

Released VIN on Jan 18
Tried to do the same for the exact same config but was not allowed because one can put on hold only once after receiving VIN

I asked about the "new chip," he put me on hold for about 30seconds, came back on the line and said, "Yes, it has the Ryzen chip." I did not mention AMD or Ryzen, I just said "new chip".

After that I asked about the battery and he said he doesn't have that info available. I didn't push because I am indifferent about that one.

Next time I will record the conversation and transcribe it verbatim.
what's your VIN?

Released VIN on Jan 18
so it does seem that we can put it on hold for more than 3 months from the OD.

so it does seem that we can put it on hold for more than 3 months from the OD.
Yes, I was surprised by that. I specifically indicated that my 90-day window is nearing its end but they put the hold for 30 days anyways. However, I also recall one forum member who said that the hold was automatically cancelled at the 90-day window, so that might happen to me as well. I will report if that occurs.