Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question regarding financing. Do we start financing paperwork after the VIN is assigned? Is there any lender that pre-approves the loan for the Tesla, even though the delivery date is not assigned? I apologize if this forum is not relevant for this question.

I have a question regarding financing. Do we start financing paperwork after the VIN is assigned? Is there any lender that pre-approves the loan for the Tesla, even though the delivery date is not assigned? I apologize if this forum is not relevant for this question.
I wouldn't do any financing paperwork until you have a VIN. Just make sure your credit is all teed up where you need to be. I went with DCU and from start to finish, had a check in 2 days and wasn't a customer before I started.

Reactions: ds335 and daveotero
All the recent feedback is indeed interesting and I am taking in the new info with a grain of salt, it still caused me to re-evaluate my situation. When I inquired about my assigned VIN, my SA directly said that the AMD Ryzen is not included in Model 3 production, yet and also said that my VIN does not have the new Li-Ion battery.

Since I am in no rush, I released the VIN today and put one final hold on the order until Feb 16. So someone who is waiting on a White/Black M3LR Aero and who does not care about the new chip or new 12V battery will get this VIN (158xxx) and be happy soon :)

My latest status is now as follows:

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158XXX) assigned on Jan 16
Released VIN on Jan 18
Order put on hold until Feb 16
Another data point - the advisor I've been emailing says the Ryzen CPU and 12V Li-ion battery haven't even hit Canada yet

This is, essentially, a repost, but for those getting Ryzen chipset you may expect to be asked to acknowledge that there will be a minor range decrease than what was advertised when you placed your deposit due to the increased power consumption of the display vs the Intel chipset. Over in EU, purchasers are receiving the following Order Update prior to delivery ...

tesla-amd-ryzen-range-reduction.jpg

Source:
While there is NO guarantee that US buyers will see the same type of thing, if you DO get asked to accept the change that may serve as confirmation of the upgraded processor.

Reactions: Doggerton
For those who are taking delivery soon and actually have AMD/LiON 12v on your new car, when reporting, can you pls also let us know if you have the new heated wiper blade park area feature and the rear window laminated glass?
If you have the MCU upgrade with AMD, I expect you have all the rest of these features, but there is no real data out there to know for sure.
How to check for laminated glass

Honestly, I won't reject a VIN for my M3LR if it has the intel chip or older battery because I plan to trade in the car in a couple of years for a 2024 model anyways.
Same. Maybe not a 2024 model, but an eventual trade for a performance (was heavily tempted to go for a performance this time around, but the potential for a tax incentive for the lower models was too much to ignore... if they ever have an actual refresh at some point down the line, that'll probably be the right time for me to go for the high-end)

Ryzen Update

Bad news, but an important data point. I just got in contact with another SA who was able to check - I actually have the Intel CPU. He did confirm that I had the new 12v, so it’s interesting that I have one and not the other. I’ll still update Sunday.

Another important note, he confirmed that orders are AUTOMATICALLY canceled if you unmatch or refuse your second VIN. Not here, but I’ve seen chatter of people unmatching multiple times and that it’s up to the SA’s discretion. The SA I talked to was like “wow..who approved that. Actually, our systems were updated recently to auto cancel because of everyone trying to get the tax incentives”. YMMV but keep it in mind, don’t play with fire.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that unmatched vin twice and still have my order in tact (knock on wood). Tesla did implement a policy that for Long Range model 3s, the hold can only be extended 90 days from the original order date. At this point, unless we want to forfeit the deposit money, it's russian roulette on the 12v battery and ryzen.

Site note, for those that can afford to wait, it may be worth it to wait for Ryzen because the cost to retrofit Ryzen in the future will be far more than the 250 order fee. Also, Li-ion batteries supposedly last far longer than the old 12v battery. Again, if you can wait.

If not, This 2022 LR is likely going to be the best car you've ever driven anyway, until you sit in a performance, or plaid, or the rocket booster that launches you to Mars with Elon.

I did some research and found that Tesla Auto insurance is cheaper than rest others in CA. Though I have Costco Connect insurance, but that's also expensive. Can anyone share their experience with Tesla Insurance? I might change to Tesla.

The issue for me is that I prefer to keep all of my insurance policies with one company for convenience and multi-line discounts. So unless Tesla insures other brand cars, houses and has umbrella policies (do they?) I probably won't check them out.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Same. Maybe not a 2024 model, but an eventual trade for a performance (was heavily tempted to go for a performance this time around, but the potential for a tax incentive for the lower models was too much to ignore... if they ever have an actual refresh at some point down the line, that'll probably be the right time for me to go for the high-end)
Well that IS their job, right?

Maybe Tesla is different but in every other business answering customer questions and trying to be helpful to them is part of being in sales!
Unfortunately there are FAR to many customer “service” morons who lack the interest and intellect to actually provide customers with accurate and timely information and assistance. Gotten to be a widespread and daily occurrence.

OD 12/13, White/White/18"/no FSD

EDD:
12/13: February
12/15: January 13 - February 10
12/20: December 21 - December 31
12/22: January 13 - February 10
1/12: February 16 - March 16
1/18: January 25 - February 22

Doesn't look good. Still a one-month window. Expect it to be pushed back again.
My car is identical to yours. OD 11/29. Current EDD: Jan 26-Feb 23. No change for about 10 days.

Reactions: 095179005
We received my wifes M3LR on Saturday!
I've been lurking here for a little while, but thought I'd post info from my Journey for my wife's M3LR.

Multi-coat Red, 18" wheels, Black/White Interior, 152XXX, Utah
OD: 11/7
EDD #1 11/28 - 12/25
#2 12/6 - 12/22
#3 12/15 - 12/31
#4 1/18 - 2/28
#5 12/18 - 12/23 VIN Assigned
Scheduled pickup for 12/22
Called on 12/21 to say delivery is delayed
#6 12/26 - 12/31
VIN removed on 12/25
#7 1/6 - 1/20
#8 1/9 - 1/21
#9 1/10 - 1/15 New VIN Assigned
Scheduled pickup for 1/15
Called on 1/11, delivery is delayed, new scheduled pickup for 1/21, but it's not considered an "expectation of vehicle arrival, but simply a place holder"

Still waiting

My MXLR isn't expected until October even though I ordered it before my wife's. She never lets me live that down. :)
We received another call on Friday to schedule pick for Saturday and we now have it! My wife has been giddy with excitement. We've been on 4 "lets go for a drive" trips with no reason other than to be in it. 2 months and 1 week from order to Delivery.

Now we just have to wait for my MXLR which is scheduled for October after ordering it on 11/4/2021.

Ryzen Update

Bad news, but an important data point. I just got in contact with another SA who was able to check - I actually have the Intel CPU. He did confirm that I had the new 12v, so it’s interesting that I have one and not the other. I’ll still update Sunday.

Another important note, he confirmed that orders are AUTOMATICALLY canceled if you unmatch or refuse your second VIN. Not here, but I’ve seen chatter of people unmatching multiple times and that it’s up to the SA’s discretion. The SA I talked to was like “wow..who approved that. Actually, our systems were updated recently to auto cancel because of everyone trying to get the tax incentives”. YMMV but keep it in mind, don’t play with fire.
This is becoming an absolute crap shoot of information. I just called another SA - what’s the definition of insanity again? Anyway..this SA told me they were looking at the “diagnostic information” of my car and confirmed that not only do I have the Intel chip, but I also have the old lead acid battery.

The good news he said though is that the speaker wasn’t removed for my car (which is actually super important to me) so I guess that’s a plus.

Other data points - wasn’t able to tell if I had the heated wiper spot, he believes that comes with the new battery/chip. He had zero idea about the double paned glass.

My SA saga:
- SA 1 said I have the new 12v li-ion and he assumed I had the Ryzen CPU since they come together but couldn’t verify
- SA 2 said that I have the new 12v battery and he confirmed it was Intel
- SA 3 said that I have the old lead acid 12v battery and Intel

I need to stop contacting SAs. I’m going to go insane. I’m now convinced that they are all just messing with us.

This is becoming an absolute crap shoot of information. I just called another SA - what’s the definition of insanity again? Anyway..this SA told me they were looking at the “diagnostic information” of my car and confirmed that not only do I have the Intel chip, but I also have the old lead acid battery.

The good news he said though is that the speaker wasn’t removed for my car (which is actually super important to me) so I guess that’s a plus.

Other data points - wasn’t able to tell if I had the heated wiper spot, he believes that comes with the new battery/chip. He had zero idea about the double paned glass.

My SA saga:
- SA 1 said I have the new 12v li-ion and he assumed I had the Ryzen CPU since they come together but couldn’t verify

I need to stop contacting SAs. I’m going to go insane. I’m now convinced that they are all just messing with us.
Removing a speaker from the center dash might be a good thing tho... some ppl say it'll cause rattling.

My SA saga:

Funny. Are they the one who's putting fake info on the spreadsheet too? LOL

Reactions: DefenderNM