Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am around 815 with little debt, so not worried about that. I wanted to use DCU for 72 months but they wont do below 2.50% at 72 months unless I setup direct deposit on my paychecks. That is not required at Carolina, correct?
Correct. Carolina does not require recurring deposits; only a recommended deposit of $150 at account opening to cover any costs of overnighting you documents if necessary. And of course, whatever is not used toward courier costs, will remain in the member account to do as you please.

I still have my reservation and I'm likely to get the go-ahead to order as well. I saw the pricing tool and was shocked it cost 20k to add the extended range battery for an XLT. I think Tesla resale will hold for awhile and even before Covid, they held their value well. As the US transitions to EVs as a country, most will be looking at used so there should be a steady market. Their tech is just so far ahead and people know it. To get your phone to function as a key with the lightning, you gotta drop 90k, it's insane. I'm a fan of the lightning but it's so far behind on tech and who knows how many learning curves they will have with batteries. While you see people complain about panel gaps or certain updates with Tesla, they do a ton really well. I don't know how well Ford has addressed preconditioning and their charging network. If you can't use your phone on the XLT, preconditioning is worse than remote start haha. Just my two cents on why I chose to go with Tesla and a car vs Ford and a truck.
Are the batteries on Ford EV's actively temperature controlled like Tesla's?