Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others here, my EDD was updated early today. It changed from 1/26-2/23 to 1/24-2/6. No VIN assigned yet. Additionally, I was unaware of the Driveway option and just got a good preliminary offer from Driveway for my Audi RS3: about $7k more than Tesla offered. Was surprised they were interested in a car in this remote location 100 mi north of Seattle. Have a similar good offer from a dealer in Seattle so can use Driveway as a backup.
Never trade in your car to Tesla. They will always offer pennies compared to what other companies will offer. Private sale will give you the most money.

M3LR White/White 18" Aero, no-fsd (SF Bay Area)

OD: Nov 2 2021
EDD 1: December 2021
EDD 2: 12/3-12/31
EDD 3: 12/14-12/28
VIN 1 on 12/13

Placed on hold for 30 days until 1/12. This was back when BBB was still a maybe.
Hold automatically lifted on 1/8. Showed TBD through 1/12.

EDD 4 on 1/13: 3/3-3/31

VIN 2 on 1/13 ~11am. Auto-scheduled for pickup 1/15 at 4pm in Fremont. Website offered no other options. Called to ask about other times for pickup as I was out of town through the holiday weekend and couldn't change plans that quickly. They could hold it through 1/16 only, rep placed order on hold until 1/17 to release VIN.

EDD 5 on 1/18: 3/14-3/31

Not rejecting any more VINs, it was just unfortunate they gave me so little time on the second one. Most likely a rejected VIN that got assigned to me. Just going off current EDD looks like I'm back in the normal line as if I just ordered. But hopefully I'll get tagged quicker than what is shown.

M3LR White/White 18" Aero, no-fsd (SF Bay Area)

OD: Nov 2 2021
EDD 1: December 2021
EDD 2: 12/3-12/31
EDD 3: 12/14-12/28
VIN 1 on 12/13

Placed on hold for 30 days until 1/12. This was back when BBB was still a maybe.
Hold automatically lifted on 1/8. Showed TBD through 1/12.

EDD 4 on 1/13: 3/3-3/31

VIN 2 on 1/13 ~11am. Auto-scheduled for pickup 1/15 at 4pm in Fremont. Website offered no other options. Called to ask about other times for pickup as I was out of town through the holiday weekend and couldn't change plans that quickly. They could hold it through 1/16 only, rep placed order on hold until 1/17 to release VIN.

EDD 5 on 1/18: 3/14-3/31

Not rejecting any more VINs, it was just unfortunate they gave me so little time on the second one. Most likely a rejected VIN that got assigned to me. Just going off current EDD looks like I'm back in the normal line as if I just ordered. But hopefully I'll get tagged quicker than what is shown.
Interesting, wondering if they put you to the back of the line if you reject VIN's twice. In my case, I rejected a VIN once, had a hold for two days afterwards and also changed my color from White to MSM before the hold ended. As of now, my EDD has not changed, i.e., it is identical to the EDD I had when my VIN was assigned.

• Helpful
Reactions: montanaco
M3LR MSM/Black 19' Sport, no-fsd (Surrey, BC)
OD: Jan 2/2022
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 24-March 24
EDD#3 Jan 21: Jan 24- Feb 8

This has completely caught off guard as need to unload my 2021 M3SR+ if this 2 week window is accurate.
Looks like MSM really is being pushed to be delivered - you can request a hold if it's too soon for you to take delievery.

I live in nearby Blaine, Wa and yesterday I saw a car carrier truck at the northbound I-5 rest stop near Ferndale with 8 or 10 Model 3's likely headed for Canada. Often see them being unloaded in Blaine before being trans-shipped to Canada.
Just curious but what colours did you see?

Reactions: Choncho
Are you going to take yours as I assume it's Intel not AMD? I'm on the fence, I want Ryzen but don't want to wait 1-2 more months. If I can go on hold for a few days or a week and then go off hold and get assigned a new VIN for delivery within 1-2 weeks I'd do it but I'm not sure if that's how it works.
I'm undecided as well. I think if we refuse delivery, we'll probably be re-assigned a VIN which was also rejected due to the Intel chip. I can't imagine getting out of Intel unless we cancel completely. Cancelling completely would cost me $1250 (price went up $1k). I think replacing the Intel with AMD as a retrofit, if ever possible, would cost more than $1250. Definitely a hard decision.

I'm undecided as well. I think if we refuse delivery, we'll probably be re-assigned a VIN which was also rejected due to the Intel chip. I can't imagine getting out of Intel unless we cancel completely. Cancelling completely would cost me $1250 (price went up $1k). I think replacing the Intel with AMD as a retrofit, if ever possible, would cost more than $1250. Definitely a hard decision.
What config do you have?

White/white M3LR, 18' wheels. @ 50990. New pricing is $51990.

If I was only losing $250 from cancelling, I'd cancel and book a new res for AMD. But the $1k difference => $1250 lost if I cancel. So Intel may be worth it, I suppose.
The question nobody seems to know at this point is how many more unassigned / undelivered intel atom M3LR's are out there and is everything being produced today switched over to the AMD chips? I would think they will cycle through them all eventually, but whether that takes 2 weeks or 2 months I think is a legitimate question. I had the same config as you, but ordered after the price increase, so I rejected the 2 vins I was assigned and re-ordered. I don't really need the car until sometime in early May anyway so it's not a big deal to me to wait it out.

Reactions: Paul4343