Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same configuration, but OD is 2 weeks after yours, so I fully expect my EDD to push back tomorrow to something like 1/30-2/10 or so based on what some of you got today. Seems like they've been giving VINs to a lot of white interiors lately?
Maybe yours will just shift a few days like mine did? Mine is now showing a 12 day window vs 14 of the previous EDD, that’s gotta be good I hope. Keeping fingers crossed that we will both get VIN numbers soon.

But the only true difference we see is the faster load times in the entertainment apps. Maps and other apps run just fine. On my model y I don't see any lag at all.
I think there will be an announcement today. If what I heard is true. I think they will say everyone who gets delivery after today will have the chip upgraded for free. We will see.
I was reading that too and it would be awesome if we got free CPU upgrades. With all the rejected VINs, I can only imagine the logistic/scheduling nightmare it creates.

To level with you, I don't think the general public is aware of the chip/12v situation. There are rejected VINs, sure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the majority of those are from people here on TMC and the very few other sites where buyers have access to this info.

Just a guess on my part.
You're right. My friend placed an order for LR, he has no idea about the chip situation. Since he's coming from an old clunker ICE car, even 2018 model 3 FLIES compared to these ancient artifacts. He's not spoiled like some of us (me guilty) here.

If you chart out the Ryzen vs Atoms from the tracker spreadsheet for Model 3's by build date (as opposed to when the data is entered), there's a clear trend toward most cars being Ryzen recently. Granted no idea if that data is valid, and is very likely a poor subsample of real deliveries, not to mention tiny sample size. But still positive if you're holding out for Ryzen.

1643212553695.png

Did you place your order on hold for any amount of time? I'm about to release a 153 vin today and was considering going on hold for one or two weeks to clear out older cars floating around the system.

Just 24 hours the SA put a hold for 24 hours that auto released Sunday night. I got a new VIN 3 days after it released. Scheduled arrival in TX is 2/6, so pickup 2/7 to 2/9 most likely.

Oh yeah the rep also told me my car has the heated windshield wiper, not sure if that's true.

Last edited: