Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in NY taking deliveries? Haven’t seen too many Northeast based “I got my VIN!” Posts and delivery scheduled for xxx.

My Od was 12/12. MSM /blk; 18, no fsd, Mt Kisco

I have had one EDD change about a week ago when it went from 1/31-2/28 to 2/9-2/23 and hasn’t moved since.

Northeast people give me some good news!
Northern Delaware, later ODD than you all at 1/2. Sitting on a 30 day window of 2/18-3/18

I wonder if I messed up by completing my loan portion after removing my hold today. M3 LR MSM 18", black interior, no FSD. Order date 12/01/21 in NV, on hold since then, until today. Might have to resubmit if it takes more than 60 days to take delivery. Not a big deal I guess.

If I read it correctly, the op ordered on 1/16 and lives in Ohio..

Call Tesla now to ask if they know it's Ryzen or not. As long as you're under 90 days from your order date, you can place hold on it. If you wait 'til delivery and reject the car, then you MUST take the next available car assigned to you or your order gets cancelled.
They already confirmed that it has Intel. I placed my account on hold after having a VIN assigned back in December as well so I'm thinking this will be the last time I'm able to reject a VIN.

I wonder if I messed up by completing my loan portion after removing my hold today. M3 LR MSM 18", black interior, no FSD. Order date 12/01/21 in NV, on hold since then, until today. Might have to resubmit if it takes more than 60 days to take delivery. Not a big deal I guess.
Should have waited but looking at your order date it shouldn't take more than 60 days to get your VIN. Especially since they will try to get as many cars out before March 31st end of quarter.

Reactions: akajester
They already confirmed that it has Intel. I placed my account on hold after having a VIN assigned back in December as well so I'm thinking this will be the last time I'm able to reject a VIN.
It depends on the 90 day timeline, not number of times you put it on hold. If you are still under 90 days from OD, you can still push it out. I was able to push it 3 times to the current 90 day limit, now I must take my next assigned vin.

Should have waited but looking at your order date it shouldn't take more than 60 days to get your VIN. Especially since they will try to get as many cars out before March 31st end of quarter.
I made the same mistake. I didn't think it would take that long. Ordered 8/30, put in loan info 11/29 and still waiting. It might still come through by the end of the month, but at this point, I doubt that's gonna happen.

Reactions: ynb86
I got my VIN last night around 7pm, with a revised 4-day EDD (Jan 28-Feb 1). This morning at 10am I received a text to schedule my pickup. I was given one choice for pickup appointment: 5pm Jan 29. Luckily that works for me, but was not much of a choice. That time is right around sunset, so doesn't give me a lot of time to inspect the car in daylight. Presumably I can arrive a little early and check out the exterior quality prior to my actual appointment time?

It depends on the 90 day timeline, not number of times you put it on hold. If you are still under 90 days from OD, you can still push it out. I was able to push it 3 times to the current 90 day limit, now I must take my next assigned vin.
I don't think this is accurate in all cases, maybe this is the unwritten rule they ask the SA's to adhere by, but its not enacted across the board. I've been able to place holds after my 90day order date, I know of others on here as well doing the same.

So gave in and called SA. Was going to accept regardless of chip status. OD 11/15ish, previous hold in Dec after first vin, hold released later that month. EED finally narrowed to two week window late last week with VIN yesterday (162XXX). MSM, Black interior, Aero, no FSD.

I call and awkwardly ask if they have any more information on when car will arrive or when it was built. Told was en route from California and to be expected near the end of the narrowed new 6 day window. Followed up by asking if they knew when it was built and was asked "Are you trying to see if it has the AMD chip?" Said yes, but would take it either way, which is true. They were like let me check and "yes, it has it." They did not say when the car was built though, but I didn't ask again. Hopefully this is accurate. If not, still very excited.

I don't think this is accurate in all cases, maybe this is the unwritten rule they ask the SA's to adhere by, but its not enacted across the board. I've been able to place holds after my 90day order date, I know of others on here as well doing the same.
You're right, it's not 100%. Even in my case, I'm over 90 days now. Like you said, it's more of policy that Tesla wants SAs to follow, but exceptions are possible. 90 days from order date is a good guideline. If anyone's under 90 days, there's very high possibility that the order can be pushed out to *at least* the 90 day mark.

Reactions: highstrunghero
New socal update today, as expected slight pushback but window narrowed by 2 days. Hope we’ll be the ones waking up to VINs very soon

OD: 11/26/2021 - LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD

11/26: 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4: 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28
1/1: 3rd EDD: 1/9 - 2/6
1/10: 4th EDD: 1/20 - 2/17
1/21: 5th EDD: 1/26 - 2/23
1/22: 6th EDD: 1/25 - 2/8
1/26: 7th EDD: 1/28 - 2/9
I am also in SD with the same exact build!
OD 1/23
EDD 3/12-3/31

My EDD narrowed slightly this morning.

OD 11/23, M3LR/MSM/black/aero/Bay Area CA
EDD (11/24): 1/1-1/29
EDD (12/5): 12/15-12/31
EDD (12/16): 1/4-2/1
EDD (1/5): 1/14-2/11
EDD (1/15): 1/20-2/17
EDD (1/21): 1/25-2/8
EDD (1/26): 1/28-2/8

I expect it will narrow further in a few days. Still awaiting VIN.
OD 11/17, M3LR, MSM/Black/aero/East Bay, CA
Similar EDD History
Newest EDD 1/26-2-7
If It gets pushed back today, I think I'll text my SA.