Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this recently? 154s haven't been seen for weeks

Sucks to hear because you are in the NY Tristate area. Looks like this area has a lot of old VIn's.

Around the NY area is still a lot of old VINs. The highest VIN delivered in PA so far is 2 156s, with the majority being 150 to 155. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to reach the each coast which means 16x should start being delivered about the 2nd week of Feb

Reactions: JRP3
My VIN is 155###, but today SA confirmed Li-ion 12V and "probably" Ryzen. I wasn't expecting either, but this feels like a glimmer of hope for us in the mid-150000s VIN club

Solid Black Ext. | White & Black Int. | 18" Aero Wheels | No FSD OD: 12/04/2021 DD: 02/04/2022
I would double check on this. I think there was a 153xxx reported with the upgrades but the upgrades were more consistent in the 16xxxx range. For example, my 156xxx and 158xxx did not have the upgrades.

I was assigned a 153XXX VIN 4 days ago that I released. I got a text today at the gym that I was assigned another VIN. I franticly opened the app hoping for a 160XXX or higher. Not only was it also a 153XXX VIN, it was the exact same car... 😐

SA said this happens sometimes and placed another hold on my account for a few extra days this time. Ugh...

All this frantic activity of cars getting shuffled around because people are rejecting VINs (which I don't have any problem with) is a good argument for Tesla adopting more conventional model years. For example, if you order a 2022 you would automatically get AMD, Li ion LV battery and heated wipers. You would also get the $2k in price hikes Tesla gave us. If you order 2021 you wouldn't get any of those things but you'd get all the features introduced in 2021 plus of course the lower price. If you order 2023 you get dual-pane rear glass, hairpin motor windings, and new HV battery and whatever price Tesla wants to charge.

There would be no need for rejecting cars and freaking out because everyone would be on the same page and know exactly what they're getting and getting exactly what they paid for. If you ordered a 2021 toward the end of year and then later decide you want a 2022 you can do that... but you'd have to cancel your 2021 order (possibly forfeiting your $250) and place a new 2022 order for the higher price and start at the back of the line. IMO that's the "best" and most fair way to do it. They way things are now someone can pay less than you and get a better car with newer components!

All this frantic activity of cars getting shuffled around because people are rejecting VINs (which I don't have any problem with) is a good argument for Tesla adopting more conventional model years. For example, if you order a 2022 you would automatically get AMD, Li ion LV battery and heated wipers. You would also get the $2k in price hikes Tesla gave us. If you order 2021 you wouldn't get any of those things but you'd get all the features introduced in 2021 plus of course the lower price. If you order 2023 you get dual-pane rear glass, hairpin motor windings, and new HV battery and whatever price Tesla wants to charge.

There would be no need for rejecting cars and freaking out because everyone would be on the same page and know exactly what they're getting and getting exactly what they paid for. If you ordered a 2021 toward the end of year and then later decide you want a 2022 you can do that... but you'd have to cancel your 2021 order (possibly forfeiting your $250) and place a new 2022 order for the higher price and start at the back of the line. IMO that's the "best" and most fair way to do it. They way things are now someone can pay less than you and get a better car with newer components!
Agreed, these do make a lot of sense.