Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was scheduled for 5pm today. I arrived early, at about 3:30 to see if it was available to check out yet. It was still parked back outside the service bays. I gave it a quick once-over and didn't find any obvious gap or fitment issues. A tech told me to come back at 4:30 after they finished their check-out and brought it around to the pickup area. I returned at 4:30 and looked some more, finding nothing amiss. I went inside and told a SA that I was early. So he offered to unlock the car from inside the building and suggested I wait in the car for someone to come help, and to familiarize myself with the car while waiting! Wow, didn't expect that. (They didn't have my check yet.) I had about 30 minutes to check out trunk and frunk and lights and windows etc etc. I even paired my phone to the display while waiting. Once they were ready, it took about 10 minutes to sign the docs and give them my cashier's check. I had a 100 mile drive to get home (in the dark). I found the car more comfortable and enjoyable than I had expected. I did have one brief incident of phantom braking which was a little unnerving. Luckily nobody was following closely behind me. Happened while doing about 68 mph on cruise control.

I came from an Audi RS3 and I am very pleased with this car so far. BTW, VIN is 165xxx and does have the Rizen. Haven't looked under the trim inside the frunk yet, but expect it will have the Li-ion battery too. Sandy Munroe is tearing down his new Plaid and showed the Li-ion battery in yesterday's episode. It was very small, helped I'm sure by there being no need for heavy amperage needed by a starter motor in an ICE vehicle.

On the way down to Seattle this afternoon I saw 2 car carriers loaded with Model 3's heading north on I-5 towards Canada.
Woo-hoo! Congrats!! :) I am wondering if delivery is different up here because I’m also in Seattle, I did home delivery and my family just got in the car without asking and started inspecting things and it was fine. In fact the delivery driver had me sit in the car and set up my key cards and pair my phone and my bf’s and go over all of the controls for the car and I only accepted delivery after about an hour of inspecting the car inside and out. I have been driving nonstop since Friday night just trying to find a problem and I can’t find one! :)

That’s whack lol. Did you notice any issues with yours? I’m waiting on DCU to mail out the check, said they would Friday but with the New England storms they didn’t work today! Hope they’ll mail it out Monday overnight so it gets to Tesla by my 2/2 pickup!
Have DCU send you a photo of the check along with a photo of the overnight label. Tesla will accept that.

Reactions: jecsun
Woke up this morning and saw that I need to accept my Vision agreement so I'm hoping the VIN is coming soon! I just want to make sure I do all the steps correctly to make sure everything goes smooth: when should I contact my SA to switch to Tesla financing and fill out that information (I'm selected to pay cash right now). Should I contact now? Should I accept Vision and wait for my VIN? Can I change financing after I schedule delivery?

Woke up this morning and saw that I need to accept my Vision agreement so I'm hoping the VIN is coming soon! I just want to make sure I do all the steps correctly to make sure everything goes smooth: when should I contact my SA to switch to Tesla financing and fill out that information (I'm selected to pay cash right now). Should I contact now? Should I accept Vision and wait for my VIN? Can I change financing after I schedule delivery?
Check the source code, you may have a vin already. At least that's what happened in my case.
You can change financing right before delivery. It's probably best to wait 'til after you see the MVPA. Tesla financing normally approves fairly quickly, don't sweat about financing, I would if you're going third party, but since you're going with Tesla financing, you should be fine assuming your credit is good.

Reactions: RG129
Accept the vision agreement. You’ll get the VIN right after that. Then you can proceed with your next steps.