Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if anyone can beat this delay. Order M3 LR (Silver with 18" wheels) May 1st 2021 at a Michigan Tesla store. I wanted to lock price. I asked how long I could put out delivery. They said till December, the latest. True to form, I was notified of Vin number on 12/17. I really didnt need it until February or March. So I waited to respond. They finally called and they delayed the order for me. Then it was supposed to be ready in January. Tesla delayed it to 2/9/22 to 3/10/22.

Today my status changed to 2/13/22 - 2/27/22. This sounds more firm. My car prices $2400 more. So I am saving money for them holding onto my 100 bucks.

In the meantime, charger is installed in the garage awaiting my M3. Whole family is excited right now.

wonder if my delivery date will change?
Update

VIN was assigned yesterday (Sunday Night). I added to my insurance. And I am dropping of a check to the local Tesla Store today. They said it came off the line Friday and that it is the latest trim package (with the wrap around dash). They think its a week or so to get to Chicago via rail. Them a few days till it gets to Michigan. They will detail it. Should be here around Feb 13 or 14.

So far I will say it has been a smooth ordering process with great communications. The one pain I think is adding the proof of insurance. It can only be done by the phone app. I had to snip a copy using my PC. Email that to myself. Save that pic to my phone. Then upload via the app. That is just silly. You should be able to submit via your Tesla account on your PC. 1st world problems.

I just released my VIN as well. They put me on hold until Feb 8th which is my 90 day order date. I am going to let it ride. I was looking forward to picking it up today but I can't pass on the lower interest rate I will be getting. Hopefully next VIN is AMD.
When you say low, what rate are you getting? I got 1.9 from Penfed; 60 months. But I think there are some banks or CUs that are offering as low as 1.49.

Woke up this morning and ddid my ritualistic check.

Just got a new EDD!

It's now a two week window. Does that mean I might actually get the car?

Model 3 LR AWD

Blue, black, 18 inch wheels. No FSD
Order date 10/20
EDDs
11/30-12/28
1/19-2/16
12/20-12/31
1/27-2/24
2/16-3/16
2/15-3/1 New Date!
Have you completed all the tasks? I ordered mine on 9/30 and made the mistake to leave the financing incomplete until it was closer to delivery, unfortunately the way Tesla works, they won't put you into the queue or give you a VIN# until you either select either CASH or complete the credit application (either way you could change it once VIN is assigned).
Once I found this out I was able to complete all tasks by 12/30 and was placed on the queue.
My EDD was 3/1-3/0 for the first week in January and then it changed to 2/5-3/5 which is what I have now.

Reactions: In_the_process
Got my VIN for pickup in Portland OR. 1/31-2-4

OD 11/26
VIN 164xxx

SA verified it does have the new rocket boosters and the new 450 mile unobtainium batter chemistry.

if Someone asked an SA "Hey, can you confirm that the car has the New playstation chipset and unobtainium Lithium battery", I would not be surprised in the slightest if they simply said " Yes, it has them" (rofl).

M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07
1/16/22: Received Vin- 155###. EDD - TBD.
1/18/22: Placed on hold until 1/22/22 (90 day hold limit from order date)
1/19/22: hold automatically removed, vin removed, EDD - TBD
1/23/22: EDD - April 03 - May 01
1/24/22: Scheduled delivery Jan 29th, Vin - 152###
1/25/22: Back on hold 'til Jan 29th. Vin released
1/26/22: EDD - Jan 27 - Jan 28 - No VIN
1/29/22: EDD - TBD
1/30/22: EDD - April 13 - May 11
1/30/22 PM: Vin assigned - 161###. EDD - Feb 2 - Feb 7
1/31/22 Delivery Scheduled for 2/5/22

Now all that's left is to convince the CPU that it's a Ryzen not an Intel Atom.

This is what I’m concerned about.
I am not sure I took the smartest route with this. I probably didn't tbh. First I waited for 3 months to apply for credit because I figured I had time and wanted to make sure my credit score was as high as it possibly could be. That was my first "mistake". I should really have put cash immediately. Then when my credit offer expired after exactly 60 days, I put cash. I should probably have left it as is. Got my VIN the next day (yesterday), and resubmitted a loan application through Tesla. Now mind me, this was on 1/30. The smart thing would probably have been to wait 2/1 to resubmit, so that my credit score would have been updated again. Anyhow, I did the best I could with what I knew at the time of each event, and of course, the fear of getting out of line after 5 months of wait probably was a factor in my decision making as well.

All in all, my APR went up 0.51 and I will refinance next year anyway, and I am picking up my car tomorrow at 11am in Burbank!

Coming up on 60 days since I was approved for financing at US Bank through Tesla (2/5). SA is saying that I will have to reapply again if I don’t get the car by this date. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that a “soft” credit pull can be completed so as not to affect my credit score. Has anyone done this?
So in my experience, it's a hard pull again. BUT: I switched to cash and then to loan again. Maybe if you just let is be once it expires, it would be a soft pull? Something you could clarify with your SA maybe. I honestly panicked a bit, was unfocused and just so happy I finally got a VIN that all reason went out the window lol.

Reactions: EvDoss
Question: Are the heated wipers just a new vent pointed at that section of the glass or something different? Has anyone verified how to check for it on a new car?

2nd Question: Has anyone confirmed that rear double paned glass is a thing and has it been delivered on any cars?
Same questions, how to identify dual layer in front window. I tired to to call SA but no one responded. Instead of that I got a text stating car have latest option available at this time. Also, how to identify heated wiper ?

Has anybody noticed the following? not sure if this is a build issue.
I noticed that plastic lip around rear window, on the left side near to trunk is cut sharply exposing the gap between trunk opening and the rear window. Right side looks ok to me. I also came across similar issue mentioned in one of the youtube video to which it was stated that it is part of the design.
M3LR Midnight Silver/black interior/ 18'' Aero Wheels/No FSD/SF bay Area.

Same questions, how to identify dual layer in front window. I tired to to call SA but no one responded. Instead of that I got a text stating car have latest option available at this time. Also, how to identify heated wiper ?
It is easy to identify the dual pane front windows, just open the door and it is very obvious when looking at the window from the top.

Reactions: Paul4343