Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm back in the queue. I attempted to take delivery this morning, but I rejected it. Chipped paint on the trunk and multiple panel misalignment... maybe a bad day on the line. My SA was fantastic, but ultimately I couldn't accept with that much touchup paint. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
NJ
OD: Oct 3
EDD #1: Nov 16 - Dec 16
Order on hold to Apr 4
Tesla removed hold Jan 13
EDD #2: Jan 26 - Feb 7
Delivery of 158XXX: Jan 31
Order on hold Feb 4
I wish Tesla would offer a little discount on these chip paint, misalignment and stuff. The way how I drive my Tesla, paint chips are just matter of time. I'm not a big fan of PPF, it just make my car the same as any other car that has PPF on it. Now no other car is going to be able to duplicate that awesome rock chips on the hood or fender that only my car will have. :)

Yeah, I am on hold now until Feb 18. Let's see if the next VIN will have the updates. I was told that I need to take the next one or my order is going to be cancelled which is fine by me. I am able to wait if I place a new order and I think the updates are worth burning the $250 order fee.
Agree. I did the same. Sacrificed my initial $250 for the opportunity to purchase an improved car. Didn't need the car immediately - so I have that luxury...

Reactions: DrWhoDey and T4M3
Are you going directly to the Town Center Garage or to Tesla center along San Fernando rd?
Will be picking up my car on Thursday at 4pm.
Yes, directly to the Town Center Garage. I got a text saying no one will be there as it is a contactless pickup. Also, I am picking up on Wednesday, not tomorrow. I just got a little excited 😊 2/2/22 seems like a good date to pick up my car though.

Well, still no VIN yet. Based on what you all are posted, it looks like late Nov OD's are getting VINS, and I am seeing many with 8 EDD's or more... So, I am guessing I'll get an 8th EDD tomorrow or Wednesday, and hopefully a VIN maybe a week later. Really ready for this part of the process to be done, so hoping I'm nearly there. :) 🤞
The 8th EDD is the charm! ✨

Reactions: Doggerton
I currently have my finance option as self-prepared financing through a 3rd party bank, but my EDD is Feb 20-March 20, should I contact Tesla to change this to cash or does it not matter? I had applied for a loan but it has now expired in early January.
From what I have seen on this thread so far is that it does not matter. What matters is that you should not have any incomplete tasks. For example, my friend did upload his driver's license images but did not hit the submit button and his order was basically on hold for that period :(

i didn't think the day would ever come, but... I JUST GOT MY VIN! :D 166,XXX
OOD: 12/04
M3LR White Ext, Black Int, 18 Aero
EDD still shows: Feb 7 - Feb 20
Congrats! I see you are from Richmond, I'm from VA and picking up there too- still waiting on a VIN, EDD shows Feb 7-Feb 21....so maybe we are in the same batch. Fingers crossed for my VIN soon. Hard seeing these December order dates get VINs, have they forgotten about November? waah!

M3LR, MSM Grey, Black seats, Aero, No FSD
OD: 11/13/21
Original EDD: Mid December
Pushed to: 12/21-12/31
Pushed to: 1/17-2/20
Pushed to: 2/8-3/8
Current EDD: 2/7-2/21
Located in Virginia

-Config: White LRAWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD

-OD: October 6th 2021
-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8 2021 I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20 2021 Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30 2021, order was automatically unheld, delivery date TBD
-Jan 3rd 2022 - EDD updated to March 18th - March 30th
-Jan 8th 2022- EDD Updated to Jan 28-Feb 25
-Jan 25th 2022 - EDD Updated to Feb 6th-Feb 16th
-Jan 26th 2022 - Vin assigned (165XX) EDD Updated to Feb 8th-Feb 11th

I know most VINs with 160XX+ have been Ryzen, but just to make sure I asked the SA, he said it will have AMD Ryzen MCU and new 12V battery - Super stoked!! On my 2021 SR+ (sold December 2021), aside from the slow entertainment apps, I did notice some lag when trying to use the turn signal cameras, so hopfully Ryzen chip will fix that.
01/31/2022 - Got scheduling text today, set it up for pickup from Houston (Westchase) location on Feb 10th🥳

I just released a 151xxx vin this morning. In NYC here too. The low vins are lurking around still
avoided them like the plague...

The Gui, backup camera, apps, blind spot camera everything is so buttery smooth... i would not want that intel vin unless it was much much cheaper in price. The experience with AMD Ryzen MCU is THAT good.