Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone give me a detailed explanation on how the vin assignment works? Like how you get notified? Did you get a text? A notification on the app? What was the process. I check the app 20 times a day.

OD. 11/24 standard range M3
EDD march to April

11/29 change to LR M3 so new OD of 11/29
Edd feb 2
Edd 1/13-2/10
EDD before 12/31
Put a hold on 12/16
Released hold 1/4
3/8-3/31
1/23-2/6
1/26-2/5
1/29-2/21
1/30-2/13
2/2-2/13

M3LR white on white 18s no FSD. Picking up Buena Park, CA. I keep getting pushed back a couple days once the Edd start day passes. This is the worst customer service ever. The SA only info he has is pretty much the same dates I have each time it changes.

Can someone give me a detailed explanation on how the vin assignment works? Like how you get notified? Did you get a text? A notification on the app? What was the process. I check the app 20 times a day.

EDD march to April

Edd feb 2
Edd 1/13-2/10
EDD before 12/31
Put a hold on 12/16
Released hold 1/4
3/8-3/31
1/23-2/6
1/26-2/5
1/29-2/21
1/30-2/13
2/2-2/13

M3LR white on white 18s no FSD. Picking up Buena Park, CA. I keep getting pushed back a couple days once the Edd start day passes. This is the worst customer service ever. The SA only info he has is pretty much the same dates I have each time it changes.
You will eventually get a text but it might come much later than the app update. Also, did you complete the Vision agreement? That is the first step you will receive prior to the VIN assignment. I think you get it only once. I rejected a VIN and did not get another Vision agreement before my 2nd VIN assignment.

EDD march to April

Edd feb 2
Edd 1/13-2/10
EDD before 12/31
Put a hold on 12/16
Released hold 1/4
3/8-3/31
1/23-2/6
1/26-2/5
1/29-2/21
1/30-2/13
2/2-2/13

You're almost there I think. My EDD went from 2 wks window to 1 month, then after 1 day, went back to 2 wks window.
I got my VIN last Saturday (1/29) and will be picking up my car this Thursday.
Hopefully you'll get your vin tomorrow.

You will eventually get a text but it might come much later than the app update. Also, did you complete the Vision agreement? That is the first step you will receive prior to the VIN assignment. I think you get it only once. I rejected a VIN and did not get another Vision agreement before my 2nd VIN assignment.
No. No vision agreement. I check app and website constantly waiting for either. Just wondering if I can relax and wait to be notified or still be so anxious and checking all the time lol

No. No vision agreement. I check app and website constantly waiting for either. Just wondering if I can relax and wait to be notified or still be so anxious and checking all the time lol
Your experience is consistent with most of us here. I am on my 7th EDD, and you basically wait until your EDD starts to see if it gets pushed back, or you get a VIN. You should get a text about a VIN. Some have also reported getting an email, so you don't HAVE to check the app all the time, but most of us do anyway....

Reactions: Paul4343
M3LR MSM/Black 19' Sport, no-fsd (Surrey, BC)
OD: Jan 2/2022
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 24-March 24
EDD#3 Jan 21: Jan 24- Feb 8
EDD#4 Jan 26: April 2-April 30
EDD#5 Jan 31: Feb 10- March 10
Same order date my friend, although looks like you are not as far south as me. I have the identical order except with aero. Our updates look almost identical........they also gave me that nice little teaser that made me think I might get a VIN pretty fast. Current ETA for me is Feb 18th-Mar 18th

Reactions: Choncho