Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is 2/2-2/13. Texted SA to see if had any other info. So useless with their responses.

My text:
Sorry to bug again. Do you see anything different regarding date other than what I see on my Edd? And why is the Edd always so inaccurate?

SA response:
Hi, Kenneth! We appreciate your support and excitement! Your estimated delivery time frame is February 2 - February 13. Once your car is available, we will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. Vehicle availability timing fluctuates and varies based on many factors, including production, logistics and timely completion of your delivery tasks.

This all started when I bought a new faster wireless charging pad for my old Model 3. As I was installing it I said to myself "Why spend $40 for a new wireless charging pad when you can buy a new car that comes with a wireless charging pad and a bunch of other stuff for only $60,000 more?" After writing this list I realize I may have a problem... Here's a (probably incomplete) list of the new things I've bought and things I previously bought for the old Model 3 but will be using for the new car.

Tesla specific / EV stuff:
  • New Emporia Energy wall EVSE (charger) with WiFi, app, fancy usage graphs and rate-aware scheduling
  • Two extra J1772 adapters from Tesla's web store (from my previous Model 3)
  • NEMA 14-50 plug for the Mobile Connector from Tesla's web store (accidentally gave my previous one away when I sold my old car)
  • Aero wheel cap kits (2 sets, one with white logos and one with silver)
  • 2 extra sets of different lug nut covers if I don't like the ones that come with the wheel cap kits
  • Stick-on outside door handles from eBay (Look nice in pictures but we'll see how I feel about these on the car in real life! 2 sets, gloss black and matte black)
  • Generic gamepad from Amazon (from my previous Model 3)
  • Back seat air intake vent screens
  • Frunk air intake vent screen
  • Front bumper outside air intake screen
  • Two sets of very nice seat covers from Amazon (full kits, burgundy and white)
  • Sliding cover for interior camera (probably won't use)
  • Matte glass touchscreen protectors from eBay
  • Matte plastic touchscreen protectors from eBay (2 types)
  • Lower door vinyl kick / scratch protectors
  • Grippy rubber cup holder liners
  • 4 different types of console storage bin organizers
  • Protection film for CA HOV sticker application
  • 1:19 scale Model 3 model from Tesla's web store
  • Two extra key cards (from my previous Model 3)
  • Two of the newer passive key fobs from Tesla's web store (from my previous Model 3)
  • Two of the older active only key fobs from Tesla's web store (from my previous Model 3)
  • 4 silicon key fob covers from Amazon (2 black & white and 2 black & red)
  • 2 leather key fob covers from Amazon (black & red)
  • CNICK Model 3 NFC key built into an attractive (but manly) ring that I can wear
  • Heavy duty all-weather floor mats from Tesla's web store
  • Two sets of cheap floor mats from Amazon (burgundy and grey)
  • Heavy duty trunk and frunk cargo area liners (won't use them, from my previous Model 3)
  • Sun / insulating window shades which I will never use (from my previous Model 3)
  • Rotating screen mount from Amazon
  • Nice OEM-looking phone mount that integrates into steering column from AliExpress
  • USB hub
  • Fast Qi charging pad for console tray organizer
  • Fast 512GB SSD for TeslaCam and music (from my previous Model 3)
  • ODB2 wire adapter / harness
  • Fast ODBLink LX bluetooth ODB2 scanner
  • Scan My Tesla app to work with ODB2 scanner
  • No drill / no glue front license plate mount
  • Trunk organizer hook to hang bags
  • Mud flaps from Amazon
  • Set of 4 made for Tesla jack pucks
  • NVX subwoofer and amp kit specific to Model 3 (LV problems here I come!)
Regular car stuff:
  • Tire plug kit (from my previous Model 3)
  • electric air pump (from my previous Model 3)
  • Car glass hammer for emergencies (from my previous Model 3)
  • Roadside safety / first aid kit (from my previous Model 3)
  • Natural emergency / disaster kit (from my previous Model 3)
  • Crank powered emergency flashlight / radio (from my previous Model 3)
  • Nicer metal tire valve caps
  • All manner of hand car wash soaps / waxes / sponges / cloths / brushes / spray nozzles (from my previous Model 3, but in real life will end up taking the car to the cheapest automatic car wash nearby)
  • Leather / vinyl cleaner and protectant
  • Ray Ban Wayfarers (from my previous Model 3)
I will likely acquire but haven't yet:
  • Acceleration boost from Tesla (pretty much a certainty)
  • Aftermarket wheels and tires (will buy after I scratch up the wheels that come with the car which I almost certainly will. There's something about the Model 3 that makes me want to scratch up the wheels. Sigh.)
  • TeslaMate software installed on my server for data logging from Tesla API / ODB2
  • Better / higher resolution dashcams (maybe)
  • Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range (needed in case the car's computers get too smart and I have to put it down)
When I was a kid I was a Boy Scout and I've always believed in their "be prepared" motto. I'm really not as nuts as this list may make me seem (yes I am).
Wow!

My EDD is 2/2-2/13. Texted SA to see if had any other info. So useless with their responses.

My text:
Sorry to bug again. Do you see anything different regarding date other than what I see on my Edd? And why is the Edd always so inaccurate?

SA response:
Hi, Kenneth! We appreciate your support and excitement! Your estimated delivery time frame is February 2 - February 13. Once your car is available, we will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. Vehicle availability timing fluctuates and varies based on many factors, including production, logistics and timely completion of your delivery tasks.

Looks like they left off the "Thanks for helping the world transition to renewable energy!" tagline.

• Funny
Reactions: Doggerton and ds335
Guys! I got my VIN!!!!!!!!

Bravo! You've got good karma. After watching a batch of East Coast VIN's, followed by these West Coast VIN's, I wonder how much is going to the rest of the US. Murphy says that now that we are entering our first extended cold snap here, that's when I will get the call. It's not the snow, it's the messy roads (and drivers!). Don't forget the pictures.

Reactions: Doggerton
Guys! I got my VIN!!!!!!!! Woooooo hooooooo! :) 165XXX New EDD: 2/1-2/5 :)

Awe, man! And I had just gotten a bunch more "Groundhog Day" jokes ready for you tomorrow!

In all seriousness: Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer and more helpful person on the forum. (Of course my happiness for you is also partially happiness in anticipation for myself because I'm in the same area, have the exact same config, and ordered 2 days after you!)

Quick update from my end: I have a hold until Feb 18 but I got an email today from Tesla that I need to remove the hold manually by Feb 10 or my order will be cancelled. The email also stated that the order will be cancelled if I put another hold after this one which is understandable. Let's see, fingers crossed that the VIN after Feb 10 has the updates, if not, I will cancel and re-order.
Almost the exact same scenario here. Had a hold until the 15th, got the "put up or shut up by Feb 10th" email overnight. I will release a hold in a few days and hope for good juju and the AMD MCU.

Awe, man! And I had just gotten a bunch more "Groundhog Day" jokes ready for you tomorrow!

In all seriousness: Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer and more helpful person on the forum. (Of course my happiness for you is also partially happiness in anticipation for myself because I'm in the same area, have the exact same config, and ordered 2 days after you!)
I hope your VIN comes soon!!!!

• Love
Reactions: CarlThompson
I haven’t owned a Tesla before, but I can imagine leaving that cable home. It seems that most, if not all, of the charging places (office, supercharger, hotel etc) provide cables. No need to carry an additional one.
A Tesla owner may tell you differently though.
For around town the J1772 adapter is really all you need in a pinch. I always leave mine in my center console and if you ever remove it then it is definitely worth purchasing a 2nd one. They aren't too expensive.

For long trips I almost exclusively use supercharging. I always like to "be prepared" like the boy scout above so if I go on a long trip I always pack my charging cable. It has never been mandatory for me after 60,000 miles but it is nice to get a few electrons when you stay at a place that has either a 120 or 240 plug available. Biggest problem is the adapters though, I say make sure you have a 120V, NEMA 14-50 and a 10-30. There are others as well but those are the most common ones you will find at friends and families houses.

Almost the exact same scenario here. Had a hold until the 15th, got the "put up or shut up by Feb 10th" email overnight. I will release a hold in a few days and hope for good juju and the AMD MCU.

I think Feb 10 is indeed a cutoff that Tesla is enforcing now.

With yours this makes us three in this thread and I assume we all three have different order dates and different hold times.

Last edited:
Reactions: highstrunghero
As you can see below, Tesla REALLY wants us to take delivery of our AWD Model 3. If I recall, this car wasn't supposed to be ready until March of this year and that's when I planned on taking delivery. Also, Tesla hasn't completed the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate application (probably won't be an issue). So, I'm not ready to take delivery yet... but should be ready in March. Any chance I can get this pushed out once more? Any special tips or tricks here?

We’re contacting you regarding the Model 3 you ordered on October 25, 2021 to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model 3 at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by February 10, 2022.
If your order remains on hold on February 10, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
I'd just ask them. I've done 4 holds since last March in the hopes of BBB with no issues. I'm done waiting, so I'm going to take the next VIN I get.

Can't get a hold if you don't ask.

I'd just ask them. I've done 4 holds since last March in the hopes of BBB with no issues. I'm done waiting, so I'm going to take the next VIN I get.

Can't get a hold if you don't ask.
Looks like this time is different since at least three of us got the Feb 10 deadline although our hold times and order dates are different. I strongly feel that Tesla is enforcing now the Feb 10 deadline to clear up their system from these holds.

GAP coverage if you aren't putting down a decent down payment.

I do recommend checking with your insurance though, GAP may be cheaper through them.

If you are putting down a decent down payment 10kish than GAP would be worthless. (GAP covers difference from what you owe to what the car is worth)
Thanks insurance does offer it but after a year and a half of paying for it monthly on the insurance it will cost more than the one time payout to the lender. Thanks