Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was bumped up this morning. M3LR, MSM, Black interior, aero wheels, no fsd
OD 1/7/2022 Carlsbad pickup
1/8: March 10-31
1/12: Feb 24 - March 24
2/1: Feb 10 - March 10

Hopefully get it on the earlier end of the range
Thats my config as well and I got/chose Carlsbad too. Little under 3 weeks out on the OD but the EDD dates look right. No VIN and my EDD is 2/27-3/27. Has stayed that way since I paid order fee.

You have a narrower delivery window which seems promising.

Reactions: disneygirl420
This all started when I bought a new faster wireless charging pad for my old Model 3. As I was installing it I said to myself "Why spend $40 for a new wireless charging pad when you can buy a new car that comes with a wireless charging pad and a bunch of other stuff for only $60,000 more?" After writing this list I realize I may have a problem... Here's a (probably incomplete) list of the new things I've bought and things I previously bought for the old Model 3 but will be using for the new car.

Tesla specific / EV stuff:
  • New Emporia Energy wall EVSE (charger) with WiFi, app, fancy usage graphs and rate-aware scheduling
  • Two extra J1772 adapters from Tesla's web store (from my previous Model 3)
  • NEMA 14-50 plug for the Mobile Connector from Tesla's web store (accidentally gave my previous one away when I sold my old car)
  • Aero wheel cap kits (2 sets, one with white logos and one with silver)
  • 2 extra sets of different lug nut covers if I don't like the ones that come with the wheel cap kits
  • Stick-on outside door handles from eBay (Look nice in pictures but we'll see how I feel about these on the car in real life! 2 sets, gloss black and matte black)
  • Generic gamepad from Amazon (from my previous Model 3)
  • Back seat air intake vent screens
  • Frunk air intake vent screen
  • Front bumper outside air intake screen
  • Two sets of very nice seat covers from Amazon (full kits, burgundy and white)
  • Sliding cover for interior camera (probably won't use)
  • Matte glass touchscreen protectors from eBay
  • Matte plastic touchscreen protectors from eBay (2 types)
  • Lower door vinyl kick / scratch protectors
  • Grippy rubber cup holder liners
  • 4 different types of console storage bin organizers
  • Protection film for CA HOV sticker application
  • 1:19 scale Model 3 model from Tesla's web store
  • Two extra key cards (from my previous Model 3)
  • Two of the newer passive key fobs from Tesla's web store (from my previous Model 3)
  • Two of the older active only key fobs from Tesla's web store (from my previous Model 3)
  • 4 silicon key fob covers from Amazon (2 black & white and 2 black & red)
  • 2 leather key fob covers from Amazon (black & red)
  • CNICK Model 3 NFC key built into an attractive (but manly) ring that I can wear
  • Heavy duty all-weather floor mats from Tesla's web store
  • Two sets of cheap floor mats from Amazon (burgundy and grey)
  • Heavy duty trunk and frunk cargo area liners (won't use them, from my previous Model 3)
  • Sun / insulating window shades which I will never use (from my previous Model 3)
  • Rotating screen mount from Amazon
  • Nice OEM-looking phone mount that integrates into steering column from AliExpress
  • USB hub
  • Fast Qi charging pad for console tray organizer
  • Fast 512GB SSD for TeslaCam and music (from my previous Model 3)
  • ODB2 wire adapter / harness
  • Fast ODBLink LX bluetooth ODB2 scanner
  • Scan My Tesla app to work with ODB2 scanner
  • No drill / no glue front license plate mount
  • Trunk organizer hook to hang bags
  • Mud flaps from Amazon
  • Set of 4 made for Tesla jack pucks
  • NVX subwoofer and amp kit specific to Model 3 (LV problems here I come!)
Regular car stuff:
  • Tire plug kit (from my previous Model 3)
  • electric air pump (from my previous Model 3)
  • Car glass hammer for emergencies (from my previous Model 3)
  • Roadside safety / first aid kit (from my previous Model 3)
  • Natural emergency / disaster kit (from my previous Model 3)
  • Crank powered emergency flashlight / radio (from my previous Model 3)
  • Nicer metal tire valve caps
  • All manner of hand car wash soaps / waxes / sponges / cloths / brushes / spray nozzles (from my previous Model 3, but in real life will end up taking the car to the cheapest automatic car wash nearby)
  • Leather / vinyl cleaner and protectant
  • Ray Ban Wayfarers (from my previous Model 3)
I will likely acquire but haven't yet:
  • Acceleration boost from Tesla (pretty much a certainty)
  • Aftermarket wheels and tires (will buy after I scratch up the wheels that come with the car which I almost certainly will. There's something about the Model 3 that makes me want to scratch up the wheels. Sigh.)
  • TeslaMate software installed on my server for data logging from Tesla API / ODB2
  • Better / higher resolution dashcams (maybe)
  • Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range (needed in case the car's computers get too smart and I have to put it down)
When I was a kid I was a Boy Scout and I've always believed in their "be prepared" motto. I'm really not as nuts as this list may make me seem (yes I am).
You know, there’s medication available for this affliction. Run don’t walk to your favorite primary care provider!!

Well, I got a similar response from my SA here in Cincinnati Ohio. My current EDD is feb 16 - mar 16. He looked something up in the system regarding my account and said that my vehicle is "scheduled" to go into production on feb 16 and "scheduled" to arrive in march 1st week. Now that scheduled part is not fixed i think and will keep changing hence moving the EDDs
Gotta ask:
What's your WHO DEY BABY!!! configuration?

Reactions: ds335
Holy heck! Just got a call from my SA, and they actually have my car ready now, so picking up at 4pm TODAY! VIN and delivery in same day! Wooo hooo! It's my husband's bday today, but I am the one getting the present. LOL
Congratulations on double bonus! I am 10 days after you in Cali too so really hoping not much longer for us December crowd. 😓

Does anyone add GAP coverage to their loans? My lender says they can add it to the loan. It's only $260 just wondering if anyone has bought GAP coverage before. I do also see my insurance offers something similar but that will definitely be higher than the $260 over time.
I had GAP on my previous model 3 loan from logix. Unfortunately I had to use it because I was in an accident and my car was a total loss. On the brightside logix is giving me an additional 2500 for the down payment because I had GAP.

Got another update today...

M3LR MSM/Black 19' Sport, no-fsd (Surrey, BC)
OD: Jan 2/2022
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 24-March 24
EDD#3 Jan 21: Jan 24- Feb 8
EDD#4 Jan 26: April 2-April 30
EDD#5 Jan 31: Feb 10- March 10
EDD#6 Feb 1: Feb 4-Feb 15

Maybe a Valentine's gift for myself! Hahahah
Also picking up in Surrey, EDD currently Feb 5-Feb 19

I was always under the impression that when cars are produced the VINs are sequential (last 6 numbers of the VIN). I got my VIN today and have seen others with higher VINs. Are they no longer sequential, or am I getting someone else's reject? The app says they are building my car, so I would assume it was not someone else's. My VIN is a 16xxxx