Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2428.jpg

Last edited:
I've been hanging around just shy over 2 months and it's finally been delivered! Thank you all for helping me maintain my sanity!

LR/White/Black/Aero/No-FSD/Colma, CA

OD - 11/28
EDD Changes - Too many to count
VIN Received - 1/30
Delivery - 2/1

Pretty seamless delivery. I received a text telling me what parking stall it was at...I did my exterior walk around and it wasn't awful so I hit the Accept button on my app, and then the car unlocked after my phone connected to the car. I didn't even talk to anybody until I checked how long I had to submit a request to address delivery issues and the employee said 24 hours. Pretty good condition except a slightly protruding headlight, the rear left door seems to be slightly askew and the 2 pieces of roof glass have an uneven gap between the 2 sides. We'll see what happens when I submit my service ticket.

In Wisconsin, picking up in Chicago. Haven’t seen much much movement for those in upper Midwest.

Here’s my info:
M3LR MSM/Black/Aero
OD: 11/19
Advertised January 2022 delivery
EDD1 11/20: 1/15-2/12
EDD2 1/15: 2/6-3/6
EDD3 1/28: 2/11-2/25

Minneapolis with a 2/7 - 2/21 EDD here. SA told me to expect late Feb into early March. I'm expecting my EDD to get pushed soon.

I'm also in WI picking up in IL. Curious that we all have similar EDD's but no VINs. I'm currently at 2/9-2/23.

Reactions: djzock
I've been hanging around just shy over 2 months and it's finally been delivered! Thank you all for helping me maintain my sanity!

OD - 11/28
VIN Received - 1/30
Delivery - 2/1

Pretty seamless delivery. I received a text telling me what parking stall it was at...I did my exterior walk around and it wasn't awful so I hit the Accept button on my app, and then the car unlocked after my phone connected to the car. I didn't even talk to anybody until I checked how long I had to submit a request to address delivery issues and the employee said 24 hours. Pretty good condition except a slightly protruding headlight, the rear left door seems to be slightly askew and the 2 pieces of roof glass have an uneven gap between the 2 sides. We'll see what happens when I submit my service ticket.
Is that normal? That seems like a ton of stuff wrong. I am driving almost 2 hrs to pick my car up. If there is stuff wrong I would hate to have to drive 2 hrs back to get all that fixed. I wish the Tesla staff would do a detail walk through and fix all issues before the customer even sees the car, that makes more since to me.

Reactions: Mustangr
LOL, just as many guys are guilty of that too. I am (used to be) one of them! I've also done it a few times in an EV. I just have to know where the limits are!
Same! I drove my friend's e-golf for a year, and with such limited range (100 miles), I had to get the car towed twice! That's the main reason I got a Tesla Long Range.

Is that normal? That seems like a ton of stuff wrong. I am driving almost 2 hrs to pick my car up. If there is stuff wrong I would hate to have to drive 2 hrs back to get all that fixed. I wish the Tesla staff would do a detail walk through and fix all issues before the customer even sees the car, that makes more since to me.
None of it is unsightly (maybe the roof panel gap if I really stare). More of it is my OCD and me on the hunt for finding things wrong. The other alignment issues aren't easy to see visually, but more so if I rub my finger along the edge of one headlight, and check it with the other...it feels slightly different. The same with the rear door panel, but it's almost hard to tell visually. I'm sure they'll claim that one is within spec.

Guys! I got my VIN!!!!!!!! Woooooo hooooooo! :) 165XXX New EDD: 2/1-2/5 :)
Nice! It will happen fast now. Make sure all your stuff is completed in app. Mine is being delivered tomorrow. Can’t wait, I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve lol. I could have gotten it today but I work Night Shift and by the time I woke up today and saw that message it was too late.

OD - 11/28
VIN Received - 1/30
Delivery - 2/1

Congrats! You must have gotten yours from the same batch as I did given the timing and config. Still waiting on my financing to arrive at the Funding team, so likely can't pick up until Thurs 2/3 though :/

Your issues.... don't give me a lot of confidence on this batch build quality tbh but I guess only one way to find out. Planning on having it home delivered though - worked out well when I got my SR+ before (and I don't have a car to get to Colma right now!)

Psst, Crany... I'm supposed to get the wall connector installed on Thursday, so maybe it has to be just a couple days for the wall charger before the VIN is installed! (Though there's also what we're calling "winter weather" this year (I hope it's not as bad as LAST February.. ick!) right on Thursday, so that may delay my installation... I sure hope not though!)

I did get the custom color faceplate for it today, maybe that's the trigger! I'm rooting for you, and Doggerton!

EDIT: Nevermind, he got his car today!
Powering up my wall charger didn't help. :( I'm still in a holding pattern with my one and only EDD. 2/5 - 3/5. I'm looking on the bright side, at least it will have to get updated by the end of this week.

Maybe my problem is, I had the charger installed while the order was on Hold. 🤷‍♂️