Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm..maybe thats the case.But I have seen posts here that will deny that. Well, to each his own.

I received my first VIN which I ended up putting on hold before I had selected any payment option so it can happen.

I'm actually coming here to talk about this issue today, I decided I would finally call an SA instead of text, I just wanted to make sure that my order looked correct according to them (I've been waiting quite a bit). I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the SA and this was one of the topics I brought up. Now yes, every SA will give you different information (we've known this), but her's seemed the most likely and most credible that I've heard (and at the least you could tell that's what SHE believed).

You can 100% absolutely get your car without putting in payment information (this has been proven even here), YOUR car is put into a queue when you order (exactly as you would expect). However, if you do complete all the tasks (payment included) you are now eligible to be MATCHED to a car. It very well might not be YOUR car, whether it be because someone rejected / put on hold / deal fell through.

Side Note: Apparently no one rejected a Blue/White/18 near PA anytime recently ;)

Now with that all said, here's the Pennsylvania update of recent deliveries. Yesterday we had the highest VIN's we've seen so far delivered with a 157 and 2 158s. The overall month of January 22 was ABYSMAL for PA deliveries with only 165ish cars being delivered (these #'s represent all Tesla, not just the 3), which is a stark difference from the average of 2021 which was 400 cars a month. 2 out of 12 months in 2021 however saw deliveries in the same 150-175 range. I'm pretty doubtful that February's numbers will be any better considering the past 3 years running Feb numbers have always been low. I'm hopeful that my latest EDD of Feb 14 - Mar 13 will finally grant me the serenity to leave this room.

Here I am again, back in the waiting room after my 2021 M3LR got t-boned just before Thanksgiving (no injuries). Took the body shop (one of only two Tesla-certified shops in my area) forever to get to it, then they quoted over $30K in damages. Insurance company finally totaled it so now I'm back, awaiting a VIN... again... so soon...

Ordered 1/13 (blue, no premium wheels, black interior) in central Ohio area, estimate has held steady at 2/24-3/24. Same SA texted after my order: "Another one?!" Dude... it's not what you think...

OD: 1/19
White LRM3, Black Interior, 19" Wheels, no FSD.
EDD1 (1/19): March 2022
EDD2 (1/20): 2/3-3/3
EDD3 (1/29): 2/1-2/14
EDD4 (2/2): 2/16-3/16

Wow! Same order as mine and 13 days after mine. Being in Phoenix has to be an advantage in terms of shipping and delivering logistics though. I'm in Michigan which is far from any manufacturing facility.

Reactions: KN0006
That is mostly a personal preference question. You most certainly can take it through a car wash. I do not however. It is hard enough to keep a black car looking pristine... But if you don't care about swirl marks and all that, go right ahead! I know my area has been installing more and more "touchless" car washes - that may be a good option if you want the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Paul4343
Ok, just ordered my M3LR and got to wondering... can I take this car through a regular Drive Thru Car Wash? Or do I need to stick to hand washing?
I would never take a car through a conventional car wash, especially one I paid $50k for. Things get caught in the brushes, pieces get knocked off, and all sorts of bad things. Find a touchless carwash or invest in a $3 bucket, some microfiber clothes, and some quality soap. Hand washing a car is actually pretty fun and gives you a chance to see each and every scratch or imperfection in your cars paint.

That is mostly a personal preference question. You most certainly can take it through a car wash. I do not however. It is hard enough to keep a black car looking pristine... But if you don't care about swirl marks and all that, go right ahead! I know my area has been installing more and more "touchless" car washes - that may be a good option if you want the best of both worlds.
True on quality of the wash...

I failed to imply, is there any dangerous element to these car washes? In that, some of these car wash systems (most in my area) use a type of system that requires the driver to put the car in Neutral so that machine pushes the car using locking wheel casters through the washer?
Also, will an undercarriage spraying nozzle/scrubber cause any issues?

Day 245 since original order, it's been quite the wait (mostly due to my own doing with order hold/unfinished tasks, but still). And just got pushed back with another EDD. Does anyone know if Tesla deprioritizes older orders that are locked in at lower prices? I have to wonder if that's might be what's happening here.

OD 6/2/21 (LR/Black/White/Aero/No FSD)
6/22/21 Modified order to LR/Black/Black
7/3/21 Order placed on hold to wait for BBB
11/8/21 Hold timed out
EDD 1 Jan 13 - Feb 10
EDD 2 Dec 14 - Dec 31
12/26/21 Finished loan app (was holding out for BBB)
EDD 3 Feb 1 - Mar 1
EDD 4 Feb 16 - Mar 14

Reactions: Doggerton
True on quality of the wash...

I failed to imply, is there any dangerous element to these car washes? In that, some of these car wash systems (most in my area) use a type of system that requires the driver to put the car in Neutral so that machine pushes the car using locking wheel casters through the washer?
Also, will an undercarriage spraying nozzle/scrubber cause any issues?
To my knowledge there aren't any issues with going through the car wash with these cars. I've seen many posts on this topic on the FB groups and such and the debate is always about them doing a number on your paint job more so than "damaging" any other parts of the car. The undercarriage of the car is pretty much completely covered so I wouldn't think there would be any issues but I can't say I have ever had any experience with that part of it.

Such a joy to pick up my car yesterday evening! Had a BLAST driving home from the Tesla store. :) 110% worth the wait. My 1659XX VIN car did come with Ryzen but I have no clue how to check the rest of the newer things. I have a dentist appointment this morning, and will be the HAPPIEST driver heading to a dental appointment ever. I also applied for 3 rebates immediately, since they take 45-90 days to process. Definitely google, as I found some local ones I'd never heard of, and am eligible for 3 rebates here in CA (Monterey Bay area) totaling $5500, plus $400 for the wall charger and free installation (up to 2k back on the install). Hang in there lovelies! You've got this, and it's SOOOOO worth it!!! 😄

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    670.6 KB · Views: 50
Ok, just ordered my M3LR and got to wondering... can I take this car through a regular Drive Thru Car Wash? Or do I need to stick to hand washing?
I've read stories on TMC that some car wash stations have refused to have Tesla's come thru due to liability. Technically there is nothing of concern beyond a conventional ICE car. A car wash mode does exist, which also locks the charge port so it does not accidentally open.

I used to take my Acura through an automated car wash...but never my M3. Why, softer paint and I care more about this car. After having the car ceramic coated (DIY), it takes me 20 min to wash it.

Reactions: Paul4343
Such a joy to pick up my car yesterday evening! Had a BLAST driving home from the Tesla store. :) 110% worth the wait. My 1659XX VIN car did come with Ryzen but I have no clue how to check the rest of the newer things. I have a dentist appointment this morning, and will be the HAPPIEST driver heading to a dental appointment ever. I also applied for 3 rebates immediately, since they take 45-90 days to process. Definitely google, as I found some local ones I'd never heard of, and am eligible for 3 rebates here in CA (Monterey Bay area) totaling $5500, plus $400 for the wall charger and free installation (up to 2k back on the install). Hang in there lovelies! You've got this, and it's SOOOOO worth it!!! 😄
Looks great and big CONGRATS!!!