Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad some of you track your EDDs with so much detail. All it did was depress the heck out of me on my first Tesla. I put absolutely no faith in any of the dates any more until I have a VIN. I have had a VIN for my MS for a few days now and still waiting for it to leave Fremont. Factor in the winter storms crushing the midwest and my current EDD is likely toast.

I think our M3 might get here almost as fast as the S will. Just kidding but with Tesla you never know.

What I do hate about the process if you wait for months. Then they only give you 3 days to pick it up. I have a life other than waiting for my car to show up.

Any mid to late Jan ODs from socal here? Has your EDD moved at all?

Mine won’t budge - wondering if I should maybe text my SA and check up if anything’s pending from my end (by the app I am good though)
(see signature for details)
My order date has changed once...last saturday morning
i ordered sunday 1/23
we have exact build and location...just a few days apart ordering

Reactions: Kaytu
Any mid to late Jan ODs from socal here? Has your EDD moved at all?

Mine won’t budge - wondering if I should maybe text my SA and check up if anything’s pending from my end (by the app I am good though)
No movement on our yet and almost the exact same EDD range. I am not nearly as close to the factory. Often they deliver the one farther away sooner (depending on color of course).

Reactions: Kaytu
For those of you who have used DCU for your loan....any recollection of how long it took between application and $ xfer? My delivery looks like it's going to be 2/14 but I just submitted an application today (thanks to those of you who recommended it). Too late?

M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD, Picking up in Fremont, CA
  • OD: 10/31
  • EDD1: 12/21-12/31
  • EDD2: 1/5-2/2
  • Hold from 12/16-1/5
  • EDD3: 3/9-3/31
  • EDD4: 1/28-2/25
  • EDD5: 2/4-2/18
Today's 2/4... no update yet. And my gas light came on in my ICE car this morning... If I fill it up, will that trigger a VIN today? If I only give it like half a tank, will that ensure they push me out? 😄
Same situation. EDD 2/4-2/18... no update. Expect a push back tomorrow.

I am glad some of you track your EDDs with so much detail. All it did was depress the heck out of me on my first Tesla. I put absolutely no faith in any of the dates any more until I have a VIN. I have had a VIN for my MS for a few days now and still waiting for it to leave Fremont. Factor in the winter storms crushing the midwest and my current EDD is likely toast.

I think our M3 might get here almost as fast as the S will. Just kidding but with Tesla you never know.

What I do hate about the process if you wait for months. Then they only give you 3 days to pick it up. I have a life other than waiting for my car to show up.
I’m tracking or at least trying to get a ballpark date/range for socal because if I don’t get a sub 2% rate I’ll pay cash down the whole the thing which means a few days before I can xfer funds around.

Been hearing you don’t get much time to decide.

My window just narrowed to 2 weeks. My original OD date was 9/29 but I made the mistake of not completing all tasks (trade-in, cash or finance etc....), so my EDD kept getting pushed back. I messaged Tesla back in late December and I was told all the tasks needed to be completed before a VIN could be assigned. So my actual OD is as below:
M3LR/White/black/18"/NO FSD Ordered 12/29/21
as of Jan 3 - EDD 3/5 - 3/26
as of Jan 10 - EDD 2/5 - 3/25
as of Feb 4. - EDD 2/11 - 2/25

I’m tracking or at least trying to get a ballpark date/range for socal because if I don’t get a sub 2% rate I’ll pay cash down the whole the thing which means a few days before I can xfer funds around.

Been hearing you don’t get much time to decide.
You can always finance it later. I would not give up basically free money.