Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in this waiting room successfully gotten the 1.24% rate or is it just going off what the website says? I haven't dealt with DCU (yet) but my old Credit Union played the game that since it says "As low as" on the 1.49%, they couldn't add the additional 0.25% for EVs... Could be different with DCU though (and I hope it is for when I apply hopefully soon).
Yes, just finalized today at 1.24% with DCU. Submitted yesterday (MVPA with VIN), did the call back method this morning and docu-signed after lunch. Just received an email that the check has been cut and sent directly to Tesla.

I have used several lenders that if the car is new (current model year), the rate is the same whether you literally bought it new, bought it used, or refinanced it.

I have often paid cash to jump on a great deal, then rolled it to the banks I use for cheap rates. YMMV of course but I've been doing this for about 12 years this way.

Im interested to learn more. Any pointers because I dont know what "paid cash to jump on a great deal, then rolled it to the banks I use for cheap rates" means unless you are talking an equity loan.

Delurking

M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD, SoCal
OD: 12/3
Original EDD: March
12/7: EDD: Feb 17-Mar 17
12/24: Finished order requirements
12/30: EDD: Mar 11-Apr 8
1/4: EDD: Feb 6-Mar 6
Delurking

M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD, SoCal
OD: 12/3
Original EDD: March
12/7: EDD: Feb 17-Mar 17
12/24: Finished order requirements
12/30: EDD: Mar 11-Apr 8
1/4: EDD: Feb 6-Mar 6
Woke up to new EDD: 2/10-2/24. I know the drill, but some movement is better than none (and maybe can squeak in under the 2/24 CVRP wire)

What was your previous EDD? I'm in so cal and mine has been steady at 2/8-3/8 for two months now.
My previous EDD was 2/9-3/9. Was kinda surprised it updated this morning.
Mine was stuck at 2/9-3/9 for about 2 weeks. It went from 3 week window to a 30 day window then now down to 2 weeks for the first time.
I don’t remember the exact EDD date ranges as it’s changed 4-5 times so far.

Reactions: Mustangr
Im interested to learn more. Any pointers because I dont know what "paid cash to jump on a great deal, then rolled it to the banks I use for cheap rates" means unless you are talking an equity loan.
I have a sweep account where there can often be enough cash to easily access between trades (or HELOC would work) that I can access. I don't like to have money sitting idle in general. So I pull from an account like that to buy the car and then have one of the banks I work with do the financing on it and put the money back in the original account when they fund the loan.

Reactions: Kaytu
Has anyone in this waiting room successfully gotten the 1.24% rate or is it just going off what the website says? I haven't dealt with DCU (yet) but my old Credit Union played the game that since it says "As low as" on the 1.49%, they couldn't add the additional 0.25% for EVs... Could be different with DCU though (and I hope it is for when I apply hopefully soon).
Yeah, I did. I wasn't a member before and the whole process was pretty easy. Just received my funding check today in preparation for my delivery date next week!

Reactions: jonjon09
That rate is lower if your finance for 60 months or less, or have a higher down payment. Then it's 2.59%. I expect all rates to slowly increase over the next month. Before panicking, check the difference in your monthly payment. It might be just a dollar or 2.

I did play around with the down-payment amount and lease lengths, but it never budged from that interest rate (and I didn't try to go further in the process). Guessing it's a quirk of my browser or something, so: Good to know it's not always quite that high!

I’ve been peaking through the glass on this forum since December, I figured it was time to add my data point.

MSM/White/18s/no fsd

12/20/21 OD - Kansas City, MO

EDD 1 - February 2022
EDD 2 - January 9th - February 10th
EDD 3 - February 11th - February 28th (This change was accommodated with a text from a service advisor asking for trade in information and the financing information of the purchase)

This will be my second model 3, proud owner of a 2018 Mid Range RWD for awhile. It was time to capitalize on the used market and sell.

I received this message today:

Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

I don't have a trade, am I getting closer to delivery???

I received the same text in December after ordering in late November, even tho I had given Elon no reason to believe I was reading anything in. I responded, and 5 days later I had a VIN.

The text is a formality, but it IS a waypoint that you've just achieved on your way to delivery. :)

I did play around with the down-payment amount and lease lengths, but it never budged from that interest rate (and I didn't try to go further in the process). Guessing it's a quirk of my browser or something, so: Good to know it's not always quite that high!

Oh my. It is totally possible the overall rate has changed in the last 24 hours. However, I always watch what USBank and Wells Fargo charge their non-Tesla customers and it is still holding at 2.59%. My (lower) rate expires in a week so I too will be joining the quagmire, barring a last minute car arrival.

Reactions: PK_Seattle
I am so excited. My EDD is 2/14-2/18. This is what a Deep Blue Metallic with White/Black interior looks like.
08616748-DD9A-4095-B202-00AC37C3CB4D.jpeg
302E0172-13F0-4FDB-A7D7-1C3BC1FB49D4.jpeg
1651E4C0-4FE4-43CB-A406-3B4C8C9E6B62.jpeg
A9AFD409-FBD4-47B2-AED8-30EBC1617A53.jpeg
94CC61DA-76DD-444A-9B92-B53F41E99B52.jpeg

Yes. To get that rate you must be over 730 credit score. Also have full check deposited to their bank. Some have said they deposit just enough to pay the car payments. But I repost my whole check.
You can also check out armco their lowest rate is 1% for 36 months, 1.50% for 60 months 1.75% for up to 72 months and 1.99 for 84 months.

Reactions: jonjon09
Well, here I am reporting my eighth EDD. Feb 17 to March 3. The following pattern has happened four times now:
1) Receive two-week EDD that starts about two weeks from current date
2) About a week before start of EDD window, receive monthlong window
3) See step 1

I fully expected to wait until March, so I'm not complaining. But I didn't expect the thrills of Tesla ownership to start so soon 😂