Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Long-time lurker here.

Order date: 1/4/22
M3 LR red / white interior / 18" wheels

original EDD: March
soon switched to: 2/20-3/20

I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting for an update. Everyone else seems to get updates. Me? NADA. I'm worried that my red car will take much longer than other colors.

I just applied for a car loan today... hoping to lock in the rate before the upcoming rate hikes. I hope I'm lucky enough to NOT get the EDD pushed back. My loan approval will be good for only 60 days.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me occupied and teaching me the ropes of this delivery process :)

Do you have a VIN already? The bank I intend to use requires a purchase agreement with VIN to finalize the loan application. Is it the case with your bank?

EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21

window starting to shrink 😬

performance window still the same.

Mine was updated to 2-week window too. Don't get too excited yet. I've reviewed lots of EDD history, especially those of Bay Area. It looks like the two-week window will keep getting pushed back several times until the end of this quarter. I don't think the car will be available until the end of March.

While I am impatiently waiting for the VIN I purchased a set of OEM all-weather interior liner. I then found that the "premium interior" that comes with LR already includes floor mats. It is worth it to keep the all-weather mats? Does it offer better protection than the mats come with the car? Thanks!

Also, is there any problem with putting the all-weather mats on top of the included mats?

Reactions: daveotero
Model 3 LR Delivery

Hey y'all, I placed my order online on 11/18/21, and received my first VIN on 12/19/21, I put my order on hold as I could not take delivery, and jumped back into the queue a few days ago.

My delivery was originally Feb 5 to March 2, and now changed to Feb 7 to Feb 21.

From anyones experience, is this relatively accurate? Does a VIN come sooner once you've already received one and turned down, or by order date?
I deferred my Model 3 AWD LR on December 20th and wasn't given a new delivery date until Feb 2.