Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that, and if this were escalated to me as a manager for that department, I would be reminding all the workers:

"Please remember, for you, this may be 1 of 150 interactions on a topic for the day, for the customer it may be the 1st contact, please remember to treat each interaction as if you were face to face with the customer". Im also an old school person when it comes to customer service, and I value customer relationships (and am willing to pay extra for them).

As I said, it doesnt excuse the situation, it just explains it.

A better way to get the experience that some people want from tesla, is to actually drive down to a tesla store, do a test drive, and then order with the SA at the store that helps you. Then you have "An assigned SA at the store" vs "A random pool of people who handle all web orders". Once you place the order on the web, however, going down to the store will not switch your order to being assigned to someone specific.
Can confirm.
I made the mistake of ordering online.

Now my SA is ghosting me.

White/Black/Aero/No FSD/Mount Kisco, NY

OD: 11/23/2021
1st EDD: 1/18/2022 - 2/15/2022
2nd EDD: 12/13/2021 - 12/31/2021
*Put on Hold Until March 1st in December*
*Took off of Hold February 7th*

New EDD: 05/03/2022 - 05/31/2022
Highly unlikely it'll actually be in May. Especially since it's a 11/21 Order. Lots of people with 11/21 orders have been getting VINs within a couple weeks.

Still waiting for mine.

Highly unlikely it'll actually be in May. Especially since it's a 11/21 Order. Lots of people with 11/21 orders have been getting VINs within a couple weeks.

Still waiting for mine.
Yeah, we'll see. I know they say you keep your spot when you put it on Hold. I suppose this could be a determining factor whether or not that is true, but honestly, a May date is fine with me if it proves accurate. Earlier doesn't hurt either - I figure anytime from February - June would be good for me.

Yeah, we'll see. I know they say you keep your spot when you put it on Hold. I suppose this could be a determining factor whether or not that is true, but honestly, a May date is fine with me if it proves accurate. Earlier doesn't hurt either - I figure anytime from February - June would be good for me.
Yeah, the hold orders seem to get VINs fast.

When I lifted my month long hold, I got a new EDD within 1 day, and it changed that evening from April to February.

I would definitely not be surprised if you got a VIN before EOQ.

For those people who have your financing bank mail the check directly to Tesla in advance, how are you managing the fact that on delivery day, you visually inspect the car prior to accepting delivery and may end up rejecting it?
You have a couple of options and it depends on your bank.

1. Don't tell your bank, yet. If your replacement is exactly the same as the original, you can tell your bank to update the VIN once you get the replacement. You can just tell them that the first one was damaged and Tesla took too long to repair it, So, they decided to give you a replacement. Exact same price, year, etc. The benefit of this is that you keep your financing. You might have to make a payment on something you don't have if it takes too long to get your replacement.

2. Tell your bank. They will most likely ask you to recover the funds (check). It can take up to a month to get the funds back. The other problem is that your bank may have you reapply and you run the risk of a rate increase.

On one of my purchases, I experienced #1. I never told my credit union that I declined a delivery. I just waited for another VIN, informed them and sent them paperwork.

I understand that, and if this were escalated to me as a manager for that department, I would be reminding all the workers:

"Please remember, for you, this may be 1 of 150 interactions on a topic for the day, for the customer it may be the 1st contact, please remember to treat each interaction as if you were face to face with the customer". Im also an old school person when it comes to customer service, and I value customer relationships (and am willing to pay extra for them).

As I said, it doesnt excuse the situation, it just explains it.

A better way to get the experience that some people want from tesla, is to actually drive down to a tesla store, do a test drive, and then order with the SA at the store that helps you. Then you have "An assigned SA at the store" vs "A random pool of people who handle all web orders". Once you place the order on the web, however, going down to the store will not switch your order to being assigned to someone specific.
Thanks for the discussion. I'm going to visit my nearest tesla location later this week, test drive a car and see how they rub me. I know it won't change my SA but it will give me an idea of who I will be dealing with picking up my car and going forward. I'll make a decision then.

I don't want to make it sound like I need someone to kiss by butt along the way-frankly the ideal car for me is the one that keeps me away from the dealer until I want another one a few years later if that makes sense. The last car I bought when they sat me down in the little high pressure extended warranty room I told the guy 'frankly I chose this car because I expect the next time I see you guys I'm going to be ready for another one.'. We both had a bit of a laugh and I have not needed to go back since.

Last edited:
Thanks for the discussion. I'm going to visit my nearest tesla location later this week and see how they rub me. I know it won't change my SA but it will give me an idea of who I will be dealing with picking up my car and going forward. I'll make a decision then.

I don't want to make it sound like I need someone to kiss by butt along the way-frankly the ideal car for me is the one that keeps me away from the dealer until I want another one a few years later if that makes sense. The last car I bought when they sat me down in the little high pressure extended warranty room I told the guy 'frankly I chose this car because I expect the next time I see you guys I'm going to be ready for another one.'. We both had a bit of a laugh and I have not needed to go back since.
Maybe worth checking if you have any unfinished tasks?

Reactions: Regaj
Is there a way to check your history of holds? I put my car on hold back in December but took it off around the 20th - would love to know the actual date...

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero 18
ODD: 11/26/21
EDD1: December 18th-ish
HOLD - released December 20th
EDD2: January 28 - February 25th
EDD3: February 18th - March 4th

Pickup location Raleigh NC

Cautiously expecting a VIN within the next 10 or so days based on others here... but we shall see

Reactions: CarlThompson
Is there a way to check your history of holds? I put my car on hold back in December but took it off around the 20th - would love to know the actual date...

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero 18
ODD: 11/26/21
EDD1: December 18th-ish
HOLD - released December 20th
EDD2: January 28 - February 25th
EDD3: February 18th - March 4th

Pickup location Raleigh NC

Cautiously expecting a VIN within the next 10 or so days based on others here... but we shall see
Same boat as you. ordered 11/18.
My history is down in my signature.

You could go into a Tesla store, or ask your SA and they have your profile and all that in their system. But you cannot see it yourself on Tesla's website.

Thanks for the discussion. I'm going to visit my nearest tesla location later this week and see how they rub me. I know it won't change my SA but it will give me an idea of who I will be dealing with picking up my car and going forward. I'll make a decision then.

Not gonna lie, they're probably gonna say FU.

Tesla's customer service is *sugar*. But it's a very cool and fun car if you are willing to accept the poor customer service that comes along with it.

Hope your EDD changes soon. 😌

Can confirm.
I made the mistake of ordering online.

Now my SA is ghosting me.
I went to the store, got an SA assigned to me, and she encouraged me to order online when i was ready after doing several test drives.
She confirmed they aren't on commission, so it really doesn't matter to them if we order at the store or online.
I don't always get replies from her either. I don't think she's ghosting me, i just think they are underpaid, overworked and there just isn't enough hours in their (part time) days to get to every email/text.
Like our mod says, I'm not excusing the lack of communications, just possibly explaining it from my observances.

I went to the store, got an SA assigned to me, and she encouraged me to order online when i was ready after doing several test drives.
She confirmed they aren't on commission, so it really doesn't matter to them if we order at the store or online.
I don't always get replies from her either. I don't think she's ghosting me, i just think they are underpaid, overworked and there just isn't enough hours in their (part time) days to get to every email/text.
Like our mod says, I'm not excusing the lack of communications, just possibly explaining it from my observances.
Understandable, but inexcusable.

Paying 60k+ for a car anywhere else, whether it be Mercedes, Audi, BMW, they would all bend over backwards to make sure the customer is taken care of. I value their time, but I don't think it's acceptable to ignore me, and then follow up answering my question about a month later.