Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Tesla Vision agreement today as well as my VIN

Silver M3LR, black interior, 18" Aero, FSD

OD: 1/14
1/14 EDD: March 30-March31
1/25 EDD: Feb 28-March 28
2/9 EDD: Feb 21-March 1

Chicagoland area

VIN 5YJXXXXXXXX174XXX - > I assume that means AMD and all the good new stuff? Very excited for it to be close!
Same order date as you I hope I hear something soon!!!!!!

Reactions: Paul4343
Carvana also quoted way less than KBB on my car.

Since then I’ve been on calls with multiple dealers in my area who are bidding up each time I tell them someone is offering more. They are still bidding less than what private sellers appear to be willing to give. But Tesla’s offer was the lowest among the lot by a long distance. Like someone said above - it was almost insulting.

My point is Tesla’s trade in evaluation seems to not account for market demand. It doesn’t feel like a win-win.

Tesla and other car companies and dealers are all cashing in on the demand supply imbalance. Why shouldn’t you?
Don’t be offended by teslas offer. They are stretched thin selling every car they make. it’s not worth their time to buy your car and resell it, and that is reflected in the offer you received. I got 10.5k USD selling locally over Tesla. Even with the tax savings it was a no brainer to sell outside of Tesla.

Reactions: Kaytu
People may not want to hear this, but in the model Y subforum, I was checking in on the Model Y performance version of this thread (because I have a model YP on order for my wife). Over the last few days, quite a few people reported "current" vins being assigned but those vins having intel vs AMD.

I am NOT (repeat, I am NOT) advocating one way or another that someone should or should not wait for the amd processor, and as I have said before, thats an individual decision.

The only reason I mention it, is that it seemed that we had come to some determination that Model 3 Vins 160XXX+ = AMD, so its possible that people stopped checking into it. You may still need to check with your SA if this is something that is important to you, at least if the chatter in the model Y P waiting room thread is any indication.

The text says to submit proof of insurance and on the web it says to submit final payment. Excited on one hand with the VIN and Vision Statement, but I’m confused as I don’t want to insure a car I don’t have yet and I’m not sure of the total due. Any thoughts?
Your MVPA will give you the total cost.
If you selected "Cash" so that you could actually be in line and get a VIN, but want to finance or lease, then contact your SA and ask them to change the payment option for you.
With Tesla you have 100 miles to submit service requests for any imperfections you note during delivery inspection.

Reactions: Norseman_48
Don’t be offended by teslas offer. They are stretched thin selling every car they make. it’s not worth their time to buy your car and resell it, and that is reflected in the offer you received. I got 10.5k USD selling locally over Tesla. Even with the tax savings it was a no brainer to sell outside of Tesla.
I’m not so sure about it “not being worth their time”.

I actually felt like saying something when someone on the thread reported their SA questioning why they don’t want to trade in. It sounded like they thought it worth knowing why.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Your MVPA will give you the total cost.
If you selected "Cash" so that you could actually be in line and get a VIN, but want to finance or lease, then contact your SA and ask them to change the payment option for you.
With Tesla you have 100 miles to submit service requests for any imperfections you note during delivery inspection.
Thanks, I am paying cash. Nice to know about the 100 miles!

Reactions: disneygirl420
People may not want to hear this, but in the model Y subforum, I was checking in on the Model Y performance version of this thread (because I have a model YP on order for my wife). Over the last few days, quite a few people reported "current" vins being assigned but those vins having intel vs AMD.

I am NOT (repeat, I am NOT) advocating one way or another that someone should or should not wait for the amd processor, and as I have said before, thats an individual decision.

The only reason I mention it, is that it seemed that we had come to some determination that Model 3 Vins 160XXX+ = AMD, so its possible that people stopped checking into it. You may still need to check with your SA if this is something that is important to you, at least if the chatter in the model Y P waiting room thread is any indication.
Thanks for the heads up. I got a confirmation via text (don't have an SA assigned). I also recall reading here on this thread that even if you get confirmation to check on the updates during delivery because the info you got before might not be true.

Reactions: jjrandorin