Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everybody has different circumstances and different choices. I was able to wait and preferred to get the new chip, i.e. I was not in a hurry. But I understand if someone needs the car ASAP and does not care about the updates. As many times pointed out on this forum, we do not question others’ decisions. Everybody has a unique situation.
I'm not questioning that sometimes, people have valid reasons to delay or not get a new car. What I am wondering, is how much of the volatility / difficulty in predicting Estimated Delivery Dates is down to the number of cars being rejected? I know that we are always more likely to hear complaints than praise, especially online, but it just makes the ratio of people not accepting the first car offered seem really high.

• Disagree
Reactions: disneygirl420
It's been fun people but my awd was delivered yesterday. Oh my god the quickness on this is nuts. I think the fastest car I have ever owned was like a 15 second quarter mile car. I went a little crazy driving it home. getting up to 80 or a 100mph happens in no time it seems. You look at the speed and its more than you think it should be. I even bought the boost before getting home. Found out the turning radius wasn't as good as I thought. Hit my first curb driving it like I stole it. Not even that upset about it. Wheel is only banged on the edge about 2 inches. Bought the bondo and touchup paint and will work on that this weekend. If I get 5000 miles out of these tires I will be surprised.

Drove it about 40 miles. Still waiting for the cameras to calibrate and several of the arcade games are stuck in this pending/waiting to download thing. I will take it on the highway this weekend. I have done multiple hard and soft resets and connected my car to my wifi at home. I only have the 2021.43.101.2 software so maybe some updates will help. 170xxx vin so ryzen and lithium.

Took delivery in Lynnwood. Overall the car is pretty good with a few panel alignment issues and a raised paint nib on the quarter panel. Nothing inside I could see. Wiper fluid use does make a friggen mess as it blows all over the car. Suggest as clear of a solution as possible.

I'm already very comfortable with the 1 pedal driving.

added a couple 12 inch led lights to the trunk. Before and after. Tint next week.

Attachments

• originaltrunk.jpg
    originaltrunk.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 130
  • upgraded.jpg
    upgraded.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 73
Just got my VIN! I've been waiting since 10/29 and I've never put my order on hold...
VIN 173***

MSM/Black/aero/no FSD

OD 10/29
10/31 EDD: 12/16 - 12/31
(at this point, my credit application was stuck in "pending", which I believe why my EDD was pushed back so far)
12/12 EDD: 2/2 - 3/2
12/? EDD: 1/18 - 2/16
1/? EDD: 2/8 - 3/8
2/? EDD: 2/6 - 2/20
2/6 EDD: 2/12 - 2/24
2/11 EDD (today): 2/12 - 2/18 + VIN assigned

Hoping that my delivery gets scheduled soon!

Update!
Just got the text from Tesla about a trade in. I do not have a trade in. Does this mean I’m getting closer to a VIN #? My order date was 11/5 and the app is saying 2/19-3/19 still!
I got the same trade in text two weeks back. Still no VIN. But my EDD shortened to Feb 22 - March 7. I’m located in Cincinnati. Have seen one more post with similar EDD in the same location. I think Tesla is prioritizing Ohio and nearby for the next Three weeks.

I have been waiting since OCTOBER 10,2021. never put on hold This is sooo frustrating

Hey Oakville / West GTA people waiting! I dropped by the Oakville SC today to see if they had any 14-50 adaptors (they don't).
They do have a lot full of M3, MY and MS just waiting to deliver. Saw a nice blue M3LR with white interior, VIN 16x and a White/Black M3 RWD VIN 17x
More were there, but I didn't clock all the VINS.
From my 3' away walk around each car, they all looked FANTASTIC. No obvious gaps or alignment issues.
Congrats to the new owners. Can't wait to get mine, 1 week from tomorrow (pending hold-ups at the US/CA border).
Cheers - I was going to make my weekly pilgrimage tomorrow. Last week was jam packed with cars as well, they are really shifting these things quick here. My car is EDD 20 Feb-26 Feb, so it should be coming in soon.

well folks, I'm outta here, too! Car was absolutely perfect. For some reason they didn't want to install my front plate bracket. I asked them to and when I went to drive off it was still in the trunk. Didn't have time to mess with it as I had a dinner reservation. Few quick thoughts compared to my 2018. The auto wipers and headlights are still kinda sucky. No real improvement there. Not sure I like the new infotainment setup. The buttons are a little small and don't seem quite as intuitive. The sound system sounds much better, not that it was bad before. I can actually feel the sub in the new one! The HVAC is much better with the heat pump. I'm not sure if I had issues with my old one or if this one is just that much better, but I can set it at 71 now and be comfortable whereas in the old one it was 77 and sometimes blowing cold air. Won't get final approval on the HVAC until wifey gets in for a ride. ;) The heated steering wheel is a nice addition. Not sure how well the auto seat heater will work. No frunk carpet (say what on a 50k vehicle?). The efficiency in the cold seems to be better as the milage wasn't dropping as fast as the old one seemed to do. No real world testing on my behalf, just a feeling. Ryzen and LI-ion yes, ventilated seats no, double pane front windows but not back. No surprises, time to enjoy the ultimate cruising vehicle and put some miles on!

OD: Dec 9
Dec 9 - EDD: Jan 23-Feb 20
Dec 12 - EDD: Jan 16-Feb 13
Jan 17 - EDD: Jan 31-Feb 28
Jan 21 - EDD: Jan 28-Feb 11
Jan 27 - EDD: Feb 3-Mar 3
Jan 29 - EDD: Feb 5-Feb 19
Feb 6 - EDD: Feb 10-Feb 24

8th EDD this morning 🥲, but seems to have shortened from a 14 day window to 12 days now.

Feb 11 - EDD: Feb 14-Feb 26

FINALLY!! Found VIN in the source code + new shorter EDD. No confirmation message or vin showing on the account yet though.

Feb 12 - EDD: Feb 13-Feb 19
VIN: 173xxx

Last edited:
M3 LR AWD in MSM/BLACK, Aero, NO FSD
OD: 12/9
EDD: 02/12-03/12

No update today and no VIN in the source code. It looks like I will indeed be accepting delivery of a Polestar 2 in Austin, TX this morning. Those looking for out of stock M3 accessories, the online store is about to receive one of each back very soon. ;)

Frustrations:
Purchasing in the state of Texas, Tesla doesn't disclose the vehicle tax situation (they aren't a dealer) and you will be paying the taxes when you register the vehicle at the County Tax Assessor's office. I expect to pay taxes, but this should be transparent.
Owners who ordered after me, but have received a VIN for the same configuration before me at the same delivery center. Stoked for them, not stoked about the situation.
Not excited about purchasing all of the additional accessories and then Tesla won't install them at delivery. I purchased a 2010 Volvo XC60, did the factory delivery and not only did they install the accessories during the process, they gave me a steep discount on all of them. Just sayin...
Purchasing accessories that should come standard (mud flaps, rear paint protection film, homelink kit, NEMA 14-50 adapter). See above statement.🤦‍♂️
General paint quality concerns and the fact that I will probably have to pay for front paint protection film or be devastated immediately.
Features have been removed since I test drove and ordered the vehicle in December 2021.
Inconsistent communication with the SA via text.
100 miles to figure out where all the issues are.
The unwritten expectation that you have to scrub every forum to understand what might be wrong with the car before you buy it.:oops:

When I purchased my previous 2013 Model S P85 CPO in Denver in the early days, the experience was far from perfect and left much to be desired then. But, they delivered the vehicle like new and fixed everything for as long as I owned the vehicle to the point of remanufacturing a drivers seat because it start rocking back and forth.

Maybe these frustrations are the result of unrealistic expectations for purchasing a new vehicle, but... I am about to pay $52,440 for this vehicle. Oh wait, probably more like $56k after taxes.

Good luck everyone with your ownership experience and I hope those that have been waiting longer than me make it through with the best Model 3's and the best experience.:cool: