Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin is producing the Y, and that will take some of the pressure off of Fremont and they will be able to shift more production to 3.
3C8DA9EE-E221-44D8-9903-4A83B513793E.jpeg

This is a new development on Austin producing the 3 if true.

• Love
Reactions: cmy4x4 and Canine06
M3LR, Black Exterior / White Interior, 18', No FSD - Irvine, CA Delivery Center

Order Date: 1/06/2022
Original: "March 2022"
EDD Update: Jan 31 - Feb 28
EDD Update 2: Jan 23 - Jan 31
EDD Update 3: Jan 31 - Feb 28

Changed order 1/29: M3LR, Blue Exterior / White Interior, 18', No FSD

EDD Update 4: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD Update 5: Feb 10 - March 10
EDD Update 6: Feb 11 - March 10

VIN assigned Feb 11, scheduled delivery for today, 2/12, VIN 176 from Fremont, CA 😇
That's awesome! I ordered silver/ white in Irvine four days after you. It gives me hope!

So for my car with VIN F177xxx the people I communicated with at Tesla say it has both the new Ryzen MCPU and the new Li Ion low voltage battery.

I have found that the closer I've gotten to delivery the more responsive Tesla is to my texts. For most of the wait it was even money whether my texts would be answered and when they were answered the responses were always generic copy/paste messages that often did not address my questions. But after my delivery window shrunk to 2 weeks I found that most of my texts were answered with a specific response for my situation (though there was some confusion on the SA's part). Since receiving my VIN, the responses are faster still (usually within 15 minutes) and I even got a direct phone call where I was able to talk verbally to an actual human!

Gives me flexibility in my budget.
Your monthly payment is the minimum. No one says I can't make extra payments.
Why pay more now when I can invest the difference in a globally diversified portfolio of 100% equities returning 7% yoy?
If all goes as planned I'll pay it off in 2 years.
With inflation devaluing assets as well as debt, it's advantageous to select the longest term.
Understood. But I was really focused on your interest rate. But if you are planning on paying it off that early then I say good move.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Got my VIN yesterday, but haven't gotten a vision agreement. My app schedule section still says "we're building your car" with an EDD 2/24 - 2/27. I have access to the insurance section now, but wasn't planning on putting anything there until I can pick a delivery date.

Is this normal for people? Would I get my vision agreement when I'm able to pick a delivery date, or do you always get a vision agreement when you get a VIN?

Got my VIN yesterday, but haven't gotten a vision agreement. My app schedule section still says "we're building your car" with an EDD 2/24 - 2/27. I have access to the insurance section now, but wasn't planning on putting anything there until I can pick a delivery date.

Is this normal for people? Would I get my vision agreement when I'm able to pick a delivery date, or do you always get a vision agreement when you get a VIN?
I set my insurance to have a start date the earliest I can pick my vehicle up and will finalize my loan about a week before to give Tesla enough time to receive the check

So for my car with VIN F177xxx the people I communicated with at Tesla say it has both the new Ryzen MCPU and the new Li Ion low voltage battery.

I have found that the closer I've gotten to delivery the more responsive Tesla is to my texts. For most of the wait it was even money whether my texts would be answered and when they were answered the responses were always generic copy/paste messages that often did not address my questions. But after my delivery window shrunk to 2 weeks I found that most of my texts were answered with a specific response for my situation (though there was some confusion on the SA's part). Since receiving my VIN, the responses are faster still (usually within 15 minutes) and I even got a direct phone call where I was able to talk verbally to an actual human!

I only reached out to Tesla a couple times before I got my VIN, and though they were responsive, they seemed to be pretty canned/uninterested replies. I agree that the communication has been much better since VIN assignment, which was only yesterday. Per some texts with the general 510-area-code number, my 175xxx car supposedly has the new chip and battery and was built on Feb. 10. I used the chat function on the website earlier today to change my payment option from cash to third-party financing. Haven't picked my exact delivery window yet, but it'll be between Thurs. and Sat.

Regarding trade-ins: I know a lot of people get better offers selling their car privately or to an online reseller like Vroom, Driveway, etc. I got quotes from a few big resellers and they were all either comparable to or lower than Tesla's offer, one even almost $4K lower (I have a 2014 Camry with low mileage). I don't want to deal with the hassle (for me) of going the private-sale route, and will save some $ on sales tax on the new car doing the trade-in, so I'm just going to let Tesla take 'er away.

I've been wondering about this too, as I got a VIN assignment yesterday, a text today telling me I can select my delivery date/time (for late next week) but still no vision agreement yet either. I've put in my insurance info, since for Wash. state it doesn't need to be specific to the car, and am more focused now on getting my third-party loan sorted out. I figure when and if the vision agreement shows up...there it is. I'm not too concerned about it, more curious.

Reactions: Misslove_143

The Tesla experience is definitely varied depending on location. I got my Vision agreement, but don’t have a formal VIN. I had to find my VIN in the source code and then I had it verified with an SA. Its been 5 days now, and I still don’t have a VIN - but the SA confirmed its en route to Toronto.

I would just wait - as I am sure these things will be ironed out as you get closer to pick Up date.

Reactions: Mustangr
OMG. This went 0-60 faster than a tesla
After having the same EDD since I placed my order on 1/4 (2/20 to 3/20), all of the sudden, I got a VIN! And my EDD shifted to 2/15-2/19.

I quickly contacted the SA, and set a delivery date of Wed 2/16!
So much to do... have to set-up insurance, get a check cut from the bank....
so excited!!!!! :-D

And yes, it has the Ryzen processor.... (VIN=171.....)

OMG. This went 0-60 faster than a tesla
After having the same EDD since I placed my order on 1/4 (2/20 to 3/20), all of the sudden, I got a VIN! And my EDD shifted to 2/15-2/19.

I quickly contacted the SA, and set a delivery date of Wed 2/16!
So much to do... have to set-up insurance, get a check cut from the bank....
so excited!!!!! :-D

And yes, it has the Ryzen processor.... (VIN=171.....)
Congrats, this is indeed one of the fastest orders I have seen and you have a red config!