Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa, whiplash! A day or two after Tesla pushed my EDD from next week to 3/11-3/31 or so, I found out my loan approval had expired (grrr...I didn’t even need the loan, but at 2.5% I could do better putting the cash elsewhere, and now they raised the APR to 2.74% … still not bad, but irritating because it’ll cost around $700 more and I could have waited longer to apply thereby not missing the window by a mere week, and also that somebody other than the customer is profiting from Tesla’s delays and inability to give realistic timelines). So I re-applied, and removed my trade-in (just to see, since I’ve seen suggestions in this group that these “complications” might be a factor in EDD push-outs). And now my EDD has been pulled back in and actually assigned a VIN!

VIN is 173xxx, with a request that I pick a delivery date between 2/15 and 2/18. That’s a lower than the 175-177s I’ve been seeing since I joined this site last week. Should I be concerned? Likely that this car has been refused? Lacks the Ryzen and Li 12V?

I expected it to be the opposite. I figured we'd have to wait until there's a certain # of us red folks for them to load-up the paint. The red paint is not very popular, so I was ready for a long haul wait.
I bet you're right. Your car and mine were probably right after each other!
I got a Vin for my red order today too. Must have been red day at Fremont.

Would it make sense to wait for made in Texas model 3? Any benefit?
I’ve heard absolutely nothing to suggest that American M3s will be built in Texas rather than Fremont. More likely an M3 will come from China than Texas. The Austin plant is starting out with MYs, thus taking the load off Fremont so they can make more M3s. I bit on the M3 in December, because I wasn’t prepared to wait until August, 2022 for a MY. After ramping up MYs, the only other thing I’ve heard is on the plate in Texas is building the Cybertruck. They have far in excess of a million pre-orders for that thing (one of which is mine), and that should keep them pretty busy for a while.

I have read that they amd chipset is consuming more power than Tesla originally anticipated and you're gonna take a hit to your range. Apparently they're sending out emails stating that and asking you to accept.
I haven’t gotten such an email (I wish!), but a report I read on InsideEVs | Electric Vehicle News, Reviews, and Reports said that the claimed impact was 14 miles of range. Like what someone is losing by taking 19” wheels instead of the standard 18” wheels. As an embedded software developer, my guess is that they didn’t field the AMD Ryzen with its power consumption fully optimized. Meaning, it’s at least possible that we’ll get some of that range back in a software update.

Any pointers to information on what to look for at the delivery inspection? I hear about looking for gaps or misalignments, but what really do they look like? Anyone with photos? What’s repairable and what’s a red flag? I walked along a row of TM3s on display last month, every one of which had what I’d call a misalignment between the upper and lower body panels on the left rear side near the charging port door.

Adding my data point here! I've been watching the forum for a few weeks and enjoying the discussion. Felt some hope with folks here with similar builds and order dates getting VINs in the last day or two , but still currently stubbornly stuck on same EDD (2/23-3/21). Crossing Fingers

M3LR AWD Red w/black interior, 19" wheels, No FSD

OD: 1/5/22
Original EDD: forgot to write down , but was Mid-feb to mid-march
EDD: 2/15-3/5
EDD: 2/23-3/21

Whoa, whiplash! A day or two after Tesla pushed my EDD from next week to 3/11-3/31 or so, I found out my loan approval had expired (grrr...I didn’t even need the loan, but at 2.5% I could do better putting the cash elsewhere, and now they raised the APR to 2.74% … still not bad, but irritating because it’ll cost around $700 more and I could have waited longer to apply thereby not missing the window by a mere week, and also that somebody other than the customer is profiting from Tesla’s delays and inability to give realistic timelines). So I re-applied, and removed my trade-in (just to see, since I’ve seen suggestions in this group that these “complications” might be a factor in EDD push-outs). And now my EDD has been pulled back in and actually assigned a VIN!

VIN is 173xxx, with a request that I pick a delivery date between 2/15 and 2/18. That’s a lower than the 175-177s I’ve been seeing since I joined this site last week. Should I be concerned? Likely that this car has been refused? Lacks the Ryzen and Li 12V?
Very solid chance you have the new features. I read it on TMC that Tesla does not build VINS in sequential order. Supposedly one reason for this is so that the total cars built cannot be reliably counted by the last vin number delivered in a quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: 095179005 and l10l

I highly doubt a 173xxx was rejected. I was assigned a new 166xxx just 5 days ago, picked it up yesterday and it's great.

EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21
EDD #8 on 2/8: 2/9 - 2/21
EDD #9 on 2/10: 2/15 - 3/15
EDD #10 on 2/11: 2/12 - 2/23
EDD#11 on 2/13: 2/13 - 2/18

VIN 174XXX.

WOOHOOO!

there was no ageement to sign or date to schedule pickup. all i can do right now is complete the insurance portion. is that unusual?

Last edited:
EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21
EDD #8 on 2/8: 2/9 - 2/21
EDD #9 on 2/10: 2/15 - 3/15
EDD #10 on 2/11: 2/12 - 2/23
EDD#11 on 2/13: 2/13 - 2/18

VIN 174XXX.

WOOHOOO!

there was no ageement to sign or date to schedule pickup. all i can do right now is complete the insurance portion. is that unusual?
Exactly what I got and 4 days later was asked to schedule delivery. Still waiting for the rest of the tasks to pop up. Vin#171xxx Rysen confirmed OD 12/16 Delivery Wexford,Pa.

Based on numerous other examples here, I expected my (still original) EDD to change tomorrow - the second day into the window. Turns out Tesla decided not to wait that extra day... just got an EDD update, going from 2/13 - 3/13 to 2/27 - 3/11.

More or less in line with my expectations...
Mine just updated to something very similar. I’m in PA. Blue/black color.

Reactions: Regaj
I’ve heard absolutely nothing to suggest that American M3s will be built in Texas rather than Fremont. More likely an M3 will come from China than Texas. The Austin plant is starting out with MYs, thus taking the load off Fremont so they can make more M3s. I bit on the M3 in December, because I wasn’t prepared to wait until August, 2022 for a MY. After ramping up MYs, the only other thing I’ve heard is on the plate in Texas is building the Cybertruck. They have far in excess of a million pre-orders for that thing (one of which is mine), and that should keep them pretty busy for a while.
A million? WOW! Are they still taking orders because if so that's absurd.

Reactions: l10l
Hi. So I have been reading on here for quite sometime after ordering my white/white aero no FSD at the beginning of November 2021. I went to my dealership here in columbus ohio and placed my order with a SA. I was told by him that I didn’t need to do anything with payment until a VIN was assigned that all I needed to pay was the $250 order fee and I could do down payment and all other payment things if I choose leasing or cash whatever I wanted later. So I came home filled out my account stuff, registration, no trade in and delivery location, once it got to payment I left it. I believe my original EDD was 12/15-12/31 and about a week or 2 after I ordered the delivery date change to 1/15-1/31. I wasn’t holding my breath on the December date. So then on January 5 the EDD changed again to my currently EDD 2/19-3/19. I then reached out on 1/6 to Tesla because I was having the outlet installed in my garage on 1/6 and I was wanting an update on when the delivery could possibly be since I was about to spend a lot of money to have that installed. The lady on the phone informed me that my pre-delivery task was not complete and that I needed to fill out the payment part like choosing which way I planned on paying for the car. I was frustrated at that time because I under the impression I didn’t need to do that until a VIN was assigned. I NEVER got a text, call or email regarding my task not being complete which was also frustrating. I filled out the credit app and was instantly approved. Obvi that is only good for like 90 days. I am still seeing a EDD of 2/19-3/19. I’m not sure if I’m in line from my original order date of I believe was 11/5 or 11/7 or 1/5 when I completed the payment section.
Hey fellow ohioian here in Columbus as well. Any updates?

Reactions: Karthik-M3LR