Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always thought that wasn't true about incomplete profiles?

Can anybody who got delivery confirm that trade-in & payment options have to be completed to get a VIN assigned?I
Yes, my original OD was 9/29 and my initial EDD was 11/19-12/21, eventually when it got closer to these dates my EDD kept getting pushed back. I really wanted to get the car before Christmas so right before Christmas I had to message Tesla and ask why are my dates getting pushed back when others with similar OD are already getting their vehicles. I was told by someone at TESLA that I needed to complete all tasks in order to get my VIN. As the new year approached they offered me a vehicle with an old VIN which lead me to believe it was probably a rejected car. So essentially I really got on the queue in late December and not in September.

My SA said my order was incomplete as well because I had not selected the trade-in & Payment options. I was like you're telling me this after 3 months. :oops:
Not sure if selecting those options really make any difference.

Why was yours incomplete?
it was trade in related, Tesla wanted the trade in paid off as part of financing approval.. which cant occur until cars closer to delivery because kinda need a car lol.

Yes, my original OD was 9/29 and my initial EDD was 11/19-12/21, eventually when it got closer to these dates my EDD kept getting pushed back. I really wanted to get the car before Christmas so right before Christmas I had to message Tesla and ask why are my dates getting pushed back when others with similar OD are already getting their vehicles. I was told by someone at TESLA that I needed to complete all tasks in order to get my VIN. As the new year approached they offered me a vehicle with an old VIN which lead me to believe it was probably a rejected car. So essentially I really got on the queue in late December and not in September.
Welcome to the never-ending VIN waiting club

Reactions: disneygirl420
GRADUATED! Pickup was easy. Probably need to spend several hours figuring it all out but now I can do so from the comfort of my own driveway. 166XXX has AMD and Li battery. Not sure on rear glass yet. Honestly the only bad part of the experience was the service center itself (Devon, PA). The people were very nice but the building is bad. Frankly it's embarrassing to present that to clients. Roof nails coming through the exposed plastic/tyvec ceiling, dirty floor and walls, etc. with pristine Audi and Mercedes dealers right down the road. Not a big deal to me but in that area (highly affluent) I could see someone walking in and turning around. Other than that, it's been great chatting with you all. I may post some pix but I think I'm FINALLY on to the other sub-groups!
Yea I’ve felt the same about the devon service center. Have had good interactions with the staff though.

Reactions: fishacura
Not necessarily a "requirement" but completed profiles get priority over incomplete ones because they are "good to go" for delivery upon assignment vs incomplete order takers not completing their portion of the process and only out $250. More likely for the completed to take delivery sooner than the incomplete.

This is how the rep told me. I ordered online myself prior to visiting the Tesla location, so no rep assigned to me. They were kind enough to lookup my RN# and see the incomplete status was there when i joked about my delivery being delayed until May it looked like. We changed financing to cash and removed trade temporarily. Was advised that once VIN assigned and EDD narrowed down more to update things back.
They should really put that on the Order Page. I kinda wasted 3 months then!

My SA said my order was incomplete as well because I had not selected the trade-in & Payment options. I was like you're telling me this after 3 months. :oops:
Not sure if selecting those options really make any difference.

Why was yours incomplete?
Claimed I needed to put my current cars insurance info. But I don’t have a car lol.

They should really put that on the Order Page. I kinda wasted 3 months then!
agreed, my understanding is I would have had a mid-March delivery vs end of march.
Claimed I needed to put my current cars insurance info. But I don’t have a car lol.
on this one - it is grayed out still on my app. I mentioned can email to them if they wanted to upload it and he stated no worries until after VIN assignment. And that the tesla insurance is cheaper than most others so hold off until get that quote to update any existing policies

Well I messaged them and they told me the vehicle gated the factory yesterday and would take around 2 weeks to arrive. They said I will receive notice to schedule delivery when they have a concrete ETA. Have not heard this before from anyone else.......not much I can do but wait I guess......
This is in fact consistent with my experience. I got the same reply the day after my VIN assignment. Wait for about 5-7 days and reach out again via text. That's what I did and at that time they were able to schedule my date.

Reactions: Acturbo
Anyone in so cal know why tesla changed my burbank pick up to a home delivery? And is there anyway to change it to pick up again
Update: called tesla to inquire about picking up the car at burbank instead of home delivery. The guy at tesla told me they are trying to push all pick ups to home delivery. But they should be able to accommodate me for pick up