Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my check in the mail today. One thing I did notice was a paper in the envelope that said title would be in my name. I thought it stays in the name of the bank until you pay it off. Guess I will ask them tomorrow. I scheduled pick up for the 25th of February. I am thinking of picking it up on Thursday after hours because I can't wait lol. Pics coming

Reactions: Paul4343 and cmy4x4
Yes, your profile is not complete if you do not complete financing + trade in, so basically you are not in the queue and you will keep getting pushed until you do so.

I've have had everything in order, approved and finalized with Tesla finance. It's frustrating to see January orders be getting cars when I've basically waited 4 months.

Aye, Tesla could definitely makes things a bit more clear for folks. Especially since they (apparently) don't put you into queue until all those ordering tasks are complete... they should make that completely unambiguous, maybe by posting something in big, green font after you've ticked all their required boxes: CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL PRE-ORDER TASKS AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WHEN WE HAVE BUILT YOUR CAR!

So many people have stood in line for weeks and weeks... only to find out later that they never really were in line after all.

Kyle, I hope you get your VIN soon!
This is BS . Tesla put you in line even if your financial information is not complete.

Ordered my M3LR Blue Metallic, 18", All-Black interior on 2/5/2022. I completed the registration today 2/15. EDD#1 5/31 - 6/28. And now we wait, but in the mean time I did this.

Attachments

• IMG_3778.jpeg
    IMG_3778.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 286
Purchased the wall charger today, then got a call from my boss giving me a raise! Hopefully this is a good sign and I have a vin coming soon. Also, anyone from Texas that can shed some light on the process? I’ve not really seen many issues, but I spoke to my credit union about the loan today and they said that I would have to use Tesla finance then re-finance with them because Tesla can’t give me a license plate or temp plate.

Delivery set for 10:00 tomorrow at Richmond, VA location… received call and text that there were winter weather delays and date may get pushed back… I then checked app after dealer location closed and delivery time disappeared. Seems like a calculated attempt to use weather as excuse for not meeting delivery times. There is zero weather anywhere on east coast

Purchased the wall charger today, then got a call from my boss giving me a raise! Hopefully this is a good sign and I have a vin coming soon. Also, anyone from Texas that can shed some light on the process? I’ve not really seen many issues, but I spoke to my credit union about the loan today and they said that I would have to use Tesla finance then re-finance with them because Tesla can’t give me a license plate or temp plate.
Howdy, fellow Texan. I am pretty new here too so I can't really give you any advice other than, this forum is awesome and has answered many of my questions. Where are you going to pick up?

Howdy, fellow Texan. I am pretty new here too so I can't really give you any advice other than, this forum is awesome and has answered many of my questions. Where are you going to pick up?
I believe I selected the Fort Worth location. I’ll actually be making the trip all the way from Amarillo so hopefully there’s not anything major wrong with the car. And yeah, I’ve read lots of Texas posts here and nobody has mentioned any issue with the finance part, so that took me off guard. May just try and go through the place the starts with the D, but I really wanted to stay local.

I believe I selected the Fort Worth location. I’ll actually be making the trip all the way from Amarillo so hopefully there’s not anything major wrong with the car. And yeah, I’ve read lots of Texas posts here and nobody has mentioned any issue with the finance part, so that took me off guard. May just try and go through the place the starts with the D, but I really wanted to stay local.
I went to my credit union here in Amarillo and they said "No problem, we have already financed several Teslas for other members." They original had me picking up in Forth Worth also, but I changed to Dallas because the tesla store is right across the street from Love field and I can fly down. I did notice on my order that they charged me the registration fee and state inspection fee. I am assuming that means I will get some kind of temp plate and be able to drive it home.

Congratulations on your raise!!
I'm getting my car tomorrow. In NY, the paperwork is also quite annoying. I had to have my insurance card re-issued 2X in the last 24 hours. The bank wouldn't cut a check today unless my policy was already started, despite me only picking-up the car tomorrow. Then, the DMV wouldn't register the car unless my insurance card has my middle initial.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Delivery set for 10:00 tomorrow at Richmond, VA location… received call and text that there were winter weather delays and date may get pushed back… I then checked app after dealer location closed and delivery time disappeared. Seems like a calculated attempt to use weather as excuse for not meeting delivery times. There is zero weather anywhere on east coast
I'm picking up my car at the same time as you :-D

Taking delivery of my Tesla in 5 days. Today, they asked for final payment method and want me to add my bank account. Is this standard protocol with Tesla? I’m uncomfortable paying for something before I have it.
I confirmed with a live person at Tesla that you can give them a certified check on the delivery day... at least that's true in NY.

• Informative
Reactions: CheapBastid
I went to my credit union here in Amarillo and they said "No problem, we have already financed several Teslas for other members." They original had me picking up in Forth Worth also, but I changed to Dallas because the tesla store is right across the street from Love field and I can fly down. I did notice on my order that they charged me the registration fee and state inspection fee. I am assuming that means I will get some kind of temp plate and be able to drive it home.
May I ask who you’re using? We’ve used Access for all our loans, but they recently started having so much turnover it’s been hard to keep the same loan officer. Also curious if you’ve priced flights? I don’t think we have any direct flights to Love Field and you’ll have to pay a lot more.

This claim of BS is BS.

Your EDD keeps getting pushed back and back and you will not get a VIN until you complete your payment plan.

Whether that be temporarily selecting cash, or doing financing immediately.
Nope. I got a vin in November without completing trade in, OR financing. Didn't ever select a financing option at all.

But, it seems like now something is different in the backend where they will prioritize people who have every detail filled out, including insurance. I was even told by an employee I called, that if you have a record of putting an order on hold, you will be given low priority vs those who put in new orders. The whole system makes no sense with how it is prioritizing our orders.

Reactions: JustVee