Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled!

OD: 12/22/21
EDD: Jan 29-Feb 29
EDD: Dec 29-31
Dec 28: reversed my ACH cash payment, released VIN and placed order on Hold
Jan 26: released Hold
Jan 27 EDD: Feb 4-Mar 4
Feb 4 EDD: Feb 8-Feb 22
Feb 9 EDD: Feb 10-24
Feb 11 EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15
Feb 13 EDD: Feb 15- Mar 1
Feb 16 EDD: Feb 17-Feb 28
Feb 17: VIN assigned. 178XXX; new EDD is Feb 17-22
Feb 18: Delivery scheduled for Feb 21 (21st was my choice ... could have been 1-2 days sooner)

M3LR/White/Black/18” Aero/no FSD. Live in the Bay Area, just up the road from Palo Alto.

I ended up going through them since my local credit union was being stupid about the process. Took me about 5 minutes to apply and get approved, but only after spending around 3 hours on hold trying to get them to give me my member number. That process was a little annoying but the loan process was very easy and only took me giving them a dollar amount. I just have to upload my documents once I get them to finalize everything.
After submitting the necessary paperwork and VIN and waiting about a day I was told by the bank that they would not finance a Tesla since they did not have conventional dealerships and will not finance vehicles purchased online. The loan officer and branch manager were never made aware of this prohibition when they accepted my application and I have a credit score over 800. It did not get flagged until it went to the underwriter. I think they need to come into the 21st century. I financed with Tesla and was approved in about 5 minutes.

After submitting the necessary paperwork and VIN and waiting about a day I was told by the bank that they would not finance a Tesla since they did not have conventional dealerships and will not finance vehicles purchased online. The loan officer and branch manager were never made aware of this prohibition when they accepted my application and I have a credit score over 800. It did not get flagged until it went to the underwriter. I think they need to come into the 21st century. I financed with Tesla and was approved in about 5 minutes.
To clarify I didn’t mean I went through Tesla. I used DCU and would definitely recommend them for a lower interest rate.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
I saw that the official model 3 all-weather floor mats are back in stock, but tesla.com is saying that they aren't compatible with any of my vehicles. I'm wondering if that's because my car hasn't been delivered yet or if they aren't compatible with the 2022 model 3
It's because it hasn't been delivered. Said the same thing to me about the key fob. Asked sa, he said that's what it was

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4

Which bank are you talking about? Not DCU I hope.

Any Canadians here pick up their M3 recently at the Oakville location? Just wondering what the experience is like there. I'll be there tomorrow! Really wish we didn't just get a dump of snow this week :/
I’m a Canadian. Live in Oakville. And will be picking up a week after you. But I am excited for you. Good luck and do post about your experience

Almost same exact boat as you, see below. Try calling your SA (or if you’re like me and don’t have one your pickup location) and ask why the delay and if they see something different on their end. I was told they still see me getting a VIN in March but 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s really weird.

Order date 1/13/22 - Location Orlando
2 month delay in my EDD:
OD 12/25, M3LR, MSM, Black, 19", No FSD, Orlando
Initial EDD: Feb 8 - Mar 8
Updated EDD (1/18): Mar 3 - Mar 31
Updated EDD yesterday: Apr 27 - May 27

I posted this on reddit yesterday as well and a user mentioned that it could've been because I never filled out the trade in info or hit decline. I declined it and called my pickup location to ask what's up. They said that on their end they still see me receiving a VIN in the first 2 weeks of March.
Hey! I also live in Orlando.
Place order 1/13/22
M3LR, MSM, Black, No FSD, Aero wheels.

Got my VIN today!
EDD 3/7 - 3/11

Confirm with my advisor: Lithium Ion low voltage battery, heated wiper park, AMD processor, and supposedly upgraded sound system due to new cpu?