Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Officially graduated from this thread, excuse the bad images as it was pouring and didn't get a good chance for better photos yet!

Confirmed Ryzen and new battery, no dual pane rear glass. Just a few minor alignment issues that the delivery center got sorted out fairly quick. Great experience with the delivery associate, got my quick bandit mount, silicone license plate frames and 3D maxpider mats put in before leaving. Drove about 80 km total so far and love it. Great power, handling and really like the midnight metallic with black accents.

Hoping everyone that's waiting get's theirs soon!!
Do you also have the heater wiper park?

2019 Tesla Model 3 LR lease ending in June. Considered a bunch of other options: Lucid Air, BMW I4 M50, Audi Q4 e tron. When all was said and done, I came back to another Model 3 LR, midnight sliver, 18 inch aeros, white interior, AP. Delivery predicted for May, but they will coordinate a smooth transition to drop off the 2019 in June and pick up the new 2022, waive the roughly $400 lease termination fee. My experience with my 2019 was so good, it seemed wrong to leave Tesla. Model 3s are so efficient. The Supercharger network makes those long journeys effortless and the nav system and charging planning with preconditioning is the most user friendly in the business. Looking forward to the next 3 years!

Well, FINALLY woke up to a a VIN. No text, just appeared in app.

M3LR, red/black, 18 Aero

OD 12/1
Original EDD Feb/March
2 weeks later EDD mid Jan - Mid March
12/22 First VIN popped unexpectedly while out of country.
On hold 12/23 - 1/1
All of Jan, crazy changes to EDD ranges Jan-Apr.
1/28 Credit Union financing offer expired
In Feb, EDDs slowly tightens to Feb-Mar,
Mid Feb EDD 2/16-3/1
Last week EDD 2/20-3/1
New loan application thru Tesla app approved
2/20 got VIN 181XXX
EDD updated to 2/20-2/26
Phoenix delivery appt pending

Well, I too have filled my garage with a new M3LR and will have to graduate from this room.
For Toronto west (Oakville) order holders, I can tell you that I was treated very well and in spite of the on and off blizzard, was able to inspect and go over the car as much as i wanted. Got all my questions answered and left happy. It was a 40 car delivery day. That’s not even their busiest.
Good luck on your orders!
(Yes, it has the Ryzen. It is pretty much a given for VINs over 161xxx)
Congrats! Is that the factory license plate holder on the front of your beautiful car? All the photos I have seen show a frame that is double sided taped to the bumper.

2019 Tesla Model 3 LR lease ending in June. Considered a bunch of other options: Lucid Air, BMW I4 M50, Audi Q4 e tron. When all was said and done, I came back to another Model 3 LR, midnight sliver, 18 inch aeros, white interior, AP. Delivery predicted for May, but they will coordinate a smooth transition to drop off the 2019 in June and pick up the new 2022, waive the roughly $400 lease termination fee. My experience with my 2019 was so good, it seemed wrong to leave Tesla. Model 3s are so efficient. The Supercharger network makes those long journeys effortless and the nav system and charging planning with preconditioning is the most user friendly in the business. Looking forward to the next 3 years!
@DRM4 - With such variability in delivery timing, I was wondering how Tesla would handle your situation when ending one Tesla lease and starting another. If your new M3LR is delayed, will Tesla allow you to keep your current M3LR until delivery of the new one? I assume one needs to aware of the latest delivery intervals when ordering the next leased vehicle. Any other insights on your process?

Reactions: T4M3
Pushed out today to 2/22 - 3/5 from 2/18 - 3/4. Hoping the VIN gets assigned soon

M3LR white ext black int 18” aero in PHX.
OD: 1/12
Original EDD: March
1/13 EDD: 2/20 - 3/20
2/15 EDD: 2/18 - 3/4
2/19 EDD: 2/22 - 3/5

Anyone in the PHX area seeing any movement?
Same order as you except 1/14 OD
Orig EDD was 3/15-3/31
New EDD is 4/15-6-14 :-(

What about different factories? VINs still consecutive? Not sure how VINs are allotted/issued.
Not sure how the numbering goes in terms of consecutive from different factories but they do have a character within the actual VIN showing which factory it is coming from. You can use the Tesla vin decoder website (Google search) and enter yours. Just got my VIN assigned Friday and it is Fremont 181.

I was thinking.... if we have any long-timers here who have recently taken delivery, it would be nice if they might provide a quick checklist for folks to confirm they have the Ryzen chipset, Li-Ion 12v battery, heated Wiper Park, dual pane rear glass, or other recent config upgrades.

Personally, I don't know the touchscreen sequence to pull up the chipset or wiper info but know how to visually inspect the battery. But having all of that in a single how-to post for future reference would be nice. :)

Reactions: modl3mike
Short answer(and I'm not one of them, never had a hold).......

1. Can't pickup due to travelling/ life events(rare)
2. Wanted a tax credit so ordered on 2021 hoping a tax credit was approved but were given a VIN prior to year end(many people in late 2021)
3. Heard there were upgrades coming and kept putting order on hold until forced to release or a verification that most VIN's were coming with the updates.(Almost everyone in here, with the exception of a few).
4. A combination of both 2 and 3, see above.

5. Tesla's EDD at time of order is useless for planning, if you need/want to buy at a specific point months out.

I held for the possible $8k BBB incentive and the passed-into-law-but-not-funded Virginia $2500 rebate and both never materialized. Then I would've held for a bit for the Ryzen, but didn't need to because it took five weeks after the hold to get a car. Then, I rejected it due to numerous defects/QC issues, and it now seems I'm at the back of the line...

During this journey, I've seen a number of folks order in advance of their current car's lease end, only to have Tesla offer them a VIN months earlier than they were expecting. Many of them then had to put their order on hold, which then sometimes pushed their EDD way past when they wanted it. The whole process is wild.

I was thinking.... if we have any long-timers here who have recently taken delivery, it would be nice if they might provide a quick checklist for folks to confirm they have the Ryzen chipset, Li-Ion 12v battery, heated Wiper Park, dual pane rear glass, or other recent config upgrades.

Personally, I don't know the touchscreen sequence to pull up the chipset or wiper info but know how to visually inspect the battery. But having all of that in a single how-to post for future reference would be nice. :)
1.) Ryzen, at this point, everyone is getting it, unless a 15xxxx or 16xxxx VIN falls from the sky. Before delivery, call the main number (not your SA) and they call look up the VIN's build sheet. At the time of delivery, it's in the System Software-->Other Info option (or something like that)
2.) new li-ion -- Like the Ryzen, it seems the switchover is nearly complete. The 800 number can confirm. It seems to co-exist with the Ryzen (i.e. if you have one, you have both). It's not displayed in the GUI anywhere, and the battery itself is under the trim panel in the frunk (up by the windshield, on the right side as you're looking at it).
3.) heated wipers -- This one is trickier. It does not seem to be visible from outside the car, because the heating elements are behind a black-coated portion of the bottom of the windshield glass. From inside the frunk, on the left side (as you're facing the windshield) there's a wiring harness way up underneath the trim panel surround. From what I've read, it's always there, but in older cars it had fewer wires (connected to the camera module at the top of the windshield). With heated wipers, there's an extra wire. Also, the GUI has a button for it, but it's only enabled/visible for some people and not yet other people. Currently, it seems like most people don't know what they got, some people have the hardware, and a few people also have the button in the GUI.
4.) dual-pane rear windows -- this one is the most rare but easiest to confirm upon delivery. You can (again) try the 800 number in advance of delivery, but they might not have a reliable answer. At delivery, open both doors on either side of the car. The front door will definitely have dual-pane glass and you can see the shape of the edge of the window looks like the edge a clear Oreo (think two panes with a recessed valley in between them, less than 1mm wide/deep). Now look at the edge of the rear window. if it's smooth and domed over, it's not dual-pane. If the edge has that little three-layer sandwich look, then it's dual-pane. Only a few people have reported having these, and to be honest, those might be mistaken reports (speculating, only because there have been so few and the VINs are all over the range).

This spreadsheet tracks self-reported data from strangers: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Good luck!

Just now received a text to schedule my pick up 2/28, 3/1, or 3/2. However, there disclaimer "We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model 3 arrives earlier or later than we currently expect", has me worried. I have to book a flight to Dallas for pick up, and if they decide to change my appointment, that could throw a wrench in the works. 😕
FYI...I received a text AND an email!

Last edited: