Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Change financing cash, remove trade, etc.

That occurred to me then it adjusted once the above was done. However, looks like the order timelines been adjusted since the. To Atleast April last i looked so might not adjust too much now.
Yes, it seems I made that mistake originally. Didn’t have cash selected because I didn’t know it would make a difference. Corrected that a few days ago but maybe too late now.

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Yes, it seems I made that mistake originally. Didn’t have cash selected because I didn’t know it would make a difference. Corrected that a few days ago but maybe too late now.
I did the same if you see my previous EDD update, I believe we updated it on a Monday and that Saturday I got the "new" EDD. Not an overnight fix but should correct yours slightly.

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Tomorrow I come off hold, and I'm expecting delivery before EOQ, possibly sooner (fingers crossed). I've been playing around on the Indina BMV website, trying different possible vanity plates to see what's available and what's not. For a state with so few Tesla's registered (~7K) the pickings are surprisingly slim. I've narrowed it down to four favorites - wondering what y'all think about them:

1 - NIKO7A
2 - (W)ATTZUP (on a Wabash College plate to get the painted-on "W")
3 - EMCSQRD
4 - (M)ODEL 3 (on Manchester U plates)

Samples attached, sorry they're so low res, blame how the BMV site renders on my crappy phone, lol.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1645492024863.jpg
    FB_IMG_1645492024863.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 83
  • FB_IMG_1645492581181.jpg
    FB_IMG_1645492581181.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PlateImage-1_20220221150531667.jpg
    PlateImage-1_20220221150531667.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 54
  • FB_IMG_1645492792327.jpg
    FB_IMG_1645492792327.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hello Everyone...
  • M3 LR, Red with Black interior, 18" Aero, no FSD
  • OD : 2/10
  • EDD: May 19 - June 16 (even though while ordering online it showed April 2022 delivery)
  • Location: Actual loc is Connecticut but since state is not licensed to sell, will be picking up in NY.
Selected "Cash" as payment (even though planning on financing) and completed all required information.

Meanwhile, getting the Nema 14-50 installed by this week, need to order the adaptor for the same and then the all-weather mats :)

VERY Excited (like everyone here) but the WAIT has just started.... huh !

Hi there, congrats on your M3! I'm currently waiting for the actual delivery date for mine but I'm at a loss on the actual purchasing process.

I was looking to finance part of the car and putting down part of the payment. The bank that I'm looking to finance it through (Pentagon Federal) says that I have to give the down-payment to Tesla, but seems like Tesla only wants 1 final check. Who did you give your down-payment to? Bank or Tesla?
If Tesla, is there an option that pops up for me to do that then?
Not sure if it defers from state to state but I am giving 2 cheques at delivery- 1 from DCU and another cashiers Cheque from me as a down payment. I confirmed the same with Tesla as well

Anyone else with early feb OD see their delivery get pushed from March to may pretty much immediately after order? I am seeing most people around 2/4 OD still saying March here.
I ordered 2/7 and had an EDD of march and accepted a trade in offer 2/8. The EDD changed to May a couple of days ago. Realized Thursday, four days ago, that I had not submitted front and back photos of my trade-in car title. Wish Tesla had emailed or texted alerting that this task needed to be completed. Perhaps that caused the long pushback…

• Informative
Reactions: 095179005
If your trade-in is currently financed, you need a payoff letter from the current lienholder so Tesla can subtract the difference from your trade-in credit.
The payoff letter is valid for only a week.

Ah. I finished paying off and got the title to my trade-in about 15 years ago, so I made the faulty assumption that their situation was also a fully-paid off car. 30 days is the answer for a vehicle with no liens. 🤗

Order 1/12/22
Orlando Florida
M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero
Scheduled Delivery for 3/11/22

Tesla App now allows me to submit final payment, debating if I should wait until delivery day or just sent it now.. ?

I decided to give them a cashiers check on delivery day. My bank does not work with the plaid system anyway so the other option I had was to wire the money which also has a fee. So just decided to pay the fee to get the cashiers check. I just want first to see the car before handing over the check :)

Tomorrow I come off hold, and I'm expecting delivery before EOQ, possibly sooner (fingers crossed). I've been playing around on the Indina BMV website, trying different possible vanity plates to see what's available and what's not. For a state with so few Tesla's registered (~7K) the pickings are surprisingly slim. I've narrowed it down to four favorites - wondering what y'all think about them:

1 - NIKO7A
2 - (W)ATTZUP (on a Wabash College plate to get the painted-on "W")
3 - EMCSQRD
4 - (M)ODEL 3 (on Manchester U plates)

Samples attached, sorry they're so low res, blame how the BMV site renders on my crappy phone, lol.