Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday. I guess that means it’s time to move on from this thread.

Best of luck to all of you waiting on a vin / delivery, and I hope you get your car soon.

View attachment 772227View attachment 772228

Congrats!! Car looks awesome, how'd the pick up/inspection go? Hope you're having as much fun with it as I am

Finally got a slightly better pic after a quick clean up from the rain
GX010088.00_05_34_09.Still001.jpg

Congrats!! Car looks awesome, how'd the pick/inspection go? Hope you're having as much fun with it as I am

Finally got a slightly better pic after a quick clean up from the rainView attachment 772308
6 hrs after delivery my drivers seatbelt locked and is refusing to come out lmao

Going to drive the car to tesla service and beg for help tomorrow morning

Aside from that, all panel gaps were actually fixed on site within minutes

Oh wait I like that one better! 😂
Others do too, but when I look at the plate there's just something.... not right about it.... at least to me. I don't "see" Nikola when I look at NIKOL4, at least not like I do with NIKO7A.

I can get "1 NIKOLA" or "NIKOLA 3", but I have to change to a generic state plate with 8 spaces for letters and, frankly, I expect the Sheriff's Association plate will help me avoid a ticket since I'm a bit of lead foot and am buying an EV that can do 0-60 in barely 4 seconds. :)

Attachments

• PlateImage.aspx (1).jpg
    PlateImage.aspx (1).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: cmy4x4
Ooo, haven't heard that one before! And same, had some small gaps which were also fixed on site within like 20mins
Ya it’s really weird
Of course it happens to me though lol

Absolutely hoping that tesla service will help me immediately look into it cause it’s a safety hazard and I literally cannot drive the vehicle legally or safely

Reactions: Choncho
So.... after Ryzen and Li-Ion 12v, heated wipers, and (allegedly) dual-pane rear glass, here comes another potential upgrade to chase that may potentially entice TMC members to defer their coming delivery to try to snag without paying for a retrofit.....

Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3

Linky: Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3, upgrade available at official service centers

Rolled out in China, but a Dallas-based owner is reporting that his Saturday M3LR delivery included a powered trunk. First I've heard of this, anyone else tracking this? Or have I been living under a rock and all Fremont M3LRs have had this feature forever? :)

53 days from order to vin. 67 days to delivery in Wexford,Pa. Gray/Black/Aero/NoFSD
There was 2 issues at delivery and a service appointment is scheduled. Both issues are with weather stripping. One at the drivers side mirror and one where the roof rear glass meets the front glass. Inspect your vehicle.
We traded in a truck and paid the balance with a cashiers check. The entire process went smoothly, conducted by a professional staff.
The car was worth the wait.
Ryzen and heated wiper bay.
Thanks to everyone in this forum for the wealth of information.

Attachments

• 2E494A76-F8EF-460B-8E24-97D62C56F323.jpeg
    2E494A76-F8EF-460B-8E24-97D62C56F323.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 3B4BC880-C568-48F7-BD5C-96D747685152.jpeg
    3B4BC880-C568-48F7-BD5C-96D747685152.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 60
  • 30921119-9CEA-4A11-8333-75EE62EDE925.jpeg
    30921119-9CEA-4A11-8333-75EE62EDE925.jpeg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 55
So.... after Ryzen and Li-Ion 12v, heated wipers, and (allegedly) dual-pane rear glass, here comes another potential upgrade to chase that may potentially entice TMC members to defer their coming delivery to try to snag without paying for a retrofit.....

Linky: Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3, upgrade available at official service centers

Rolled out in China, but a Dallas-based owner is reporting that his Saturday M3LR delivery included a powered trunk. First I've heard of this, anyone else tracking this? Or have I been living under a rock and all Fremont M3LRs have had this feature forever? :)
All new Tesla's come with automatic trunk. This is just an OEM upgrade for those that don't have it, pre 2021 Model 3's and competes with the 3rd party vendors. Not something you would hold a new reservation for ;)

And at this time, only available in China.

Reactions: disneygirl420

Yes, I think everyone here, especially those of you that ordered blue, should hold for this. ;)

6 hrs after delivery my drivers seatbelt locked and is refusing to come out lmao

Going to drive the car to tesla service and beg for help tomorrow morning

Aside from that, all panel gaps were actually fixed on site within minutes

Just curious , did you see how they adjust the gaps? wondering if that is something is relatively easy. sure there is a youtube or something but also wonder if they would ever come out of alignment ( from bumps / vibration etc over time )

( my reason for posting this question here is that any of the quick fixes--common in the pickups, i try to observe and ask questions. sometimes you get some free explanations to do stuff yourself )