Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I was a film and tv producer I assure you I'd have an assistant doing this "Tesla stuff" for me. 😅

Its kind of why I wish we had retracting black liner like my BMW. My side tint was SOOO much darker when I closed the moon roof/blind. With all the light coming thru the roof glass it is very hard to "hide behind the tint".
Producing Film and TV isn’t always so profitable you can just throw away money on an assistant especially coming out of a pandemic when I can handle and enjoy to handle personal / tech stuff on my own. Haha but maybe one day I’ll have someone buy my cars for me.

• Funny
Reactions: BMWM3Man
To all Ohioans waiting to schedule delivery - If the tesla local center is not giving a concrete delivery date, you can call the 800 number and get it scheduled. I called my local tesla center today and they said i should get a text within a couple of days to schedule delivery and just after that i called tesla 800 number and the gentleman told me that my car is fairly close and scheduled my deliver to 4th March.

Just put in a new order today. I've had a SR+ since 4/19. I recently got a job that's pushing the limits in the winter, so it was time to upgrade. With the used prices, how could I not? I found it interesting that delivery wasn't an option to my address this time around. I ended up picking up the first one, but planned on them just dropping this one, guess not. . . Have they cut down their delivery options?

Just got my VIN Today! 183XXX, Need to get my financing lined up, and get the old one listed for sale! My EDD changed to 3/8-3/12 once it was assigned.

To all Ohioans waiting to schedule delivery - If the tesla local center is not giving a concrete delivery date, you can call the 800 number and get it scheduled. I called my local tesla center today and they said i should get a text within a couple of days to schedule delivery and just after that i called tesla 800 number and the gentleman told me that my car is fairly close and scheduled my deliver to 4th March.
Just curious what window did you have open for delivery before you called in? Mine is 3/5-3/9 and yet to get a firm date

Just curious what window did you have open for delivery before you called in? Mine is 3/5-3/9 and yet to get a firm date

I just called Tesla 800 and I have a date of 3/7-3/11 and was told their systems are having issues and she couldn't schedule. She said that she will watch for it to come up and text or call me. Otherwise I'll get a text to schedule within 48 hours...and if I don't to call back.

Reactions: Postjus
Where I purchased the Polestar 2 yesterday, I haven’t canceled my M3 reservation just yet. I just received this EDD Update this morning.

M3 LR/MSM/18/No FSD
OD: 12/9
EDD(12/9): 2/12-3/12
EDD(2/13): 2/26-3/12
Update:
M3 LR/MSM/18/No FSD
EDD(2/18): 2/28-3/6 (VIN Received)
(2/22) schedule function unlocked; 3/3-3/4 delivery dates available; order canceled

Final Thoughts: After waiting for delivery and going through the accessory return process, I am overwhelmingly satisfied with my decision to purchase the Polestar 2 over the Tesla Model 3. The Polestar 2 is such a well put together, complete and and balanced performance vehicle. Good luck all and more to come in the Model 3 vs Polestar 2 comparison forum.

P.S. Anyone in the San Antonio/Austin region interested in OEM mud flaps, wheel locks, console storage bins and the charger mount, I know guy that will hook you up. IM me and we’ll sort out pickup/delivery. So far Tesla has returned everything else (been touch and go).

Last edited:
Graduation Day!
OD 1/03 EDD 2/11-3/11
EDD 2/04 - 2/12-2/26
EDD 2/09 - 2/12-3/12
EDD 2/14 - 2/17-3/3
VIN 2/18 - 182XXX (02/22)
DD 2/22/222
M3LR MSM, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, no FSD
Current average OD to DD estimate is 50 days (from the Spreadsheet) which matches my experience

Touchless/Solo/Painless Pickup at the Burbank Tesla Dealership
AMD Ryzen (No apparent range impact)
Li-ion 12v
Heated Wipers
Matrix Headlights
Updated Front Camera Housing
No Dual Pane Rear Windows
USB C power only

Attachments

• 2022M2LR.jpg
    2022M2LR.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 86
Update:
M3 LR/MSM/18/No FSD
EDD(2/18): 2/28-3/6 (VIN Received)
(2/22) schedule function unlocked; 3/3-3/4 delivery dates available; order canceled

Final Thoughts: After waiting for delivery and going through the accessory return process, I am overwhelmingly satisfied with my decision to purchase the Polestar 2 over the Tesla Model 3. The Polestar 2 is such a well put together, complete and and balanced performance vehicle. Good luck all and more to come in the Model 3 vs Polestar 2 comparison forum.

P.S. Anyone in the San Antonio/Austin region interested in OEM mud flaps, wheel locks, console storage bins and the charger mount, I know guy that will hook you up. IM me and we’ll sort out pickup/delivery. So far Tesla has returned everything else (been touch and go).

You purchased a Polestar 2 and got the car already or you ordered one and your comparing what? A model 3 you don't have to a Polestar you don't have?

You purchased a Polestar 2 and got the car already or you ordered one and your comparing what? A model 3 you don't have to a Polestar you don't have?
Polestar website shows 2 weeks delivery from order completion. Thats pretty good and comes with the fed tax credit too.

But personally, I wont take anything other than a Tesla right now. I feel Tesla's are ATM better value for money, be it the range or charging network available to Tesla's. You just have to suffer through the waiting period.

Polestar website shows 2 weeks delivery from order completion. Thats pretty good and comes with the fed tax credit too.

But personally, I wont take anything other than a Tesla right now. I feel Tesla's are ATM better value for money, be it the range or charging network available to Tesla's. You just have to suffer through the waiting period.
Competition is good for Tesla regardless. Tesla's super power is their super charger network and OTA software updates to continual improve their cars.

I also suspect they'll win the battle of battery life for awhile.

I also want to see how a Polestar does after 5 years. Tesla has incumbency and we know what works and what doesn't

Another tip for Ohioans - if you choose to transfer your existing plates, you save $200 bucks on registration of EV

Reactions: ds335