Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Competition is good for Tesla regardless. Tesla's super power is their super charger network and OTA software updates to continual improve their cars.

I also suspect they'll win the battle of battery life for awhile.

I also want to see how a Polestar does after 5 years. Tesla has incumbency and we know what works and what doesn't
to each their own - but man almighty is that Polestar a fugly car. Maybe in 5 years they can stop copying a Dodge? 😇

I understand the frustration but if you didn’t know this was what you were getting yourself into you did little to no research.

Also Tesla hasn’t told any LIES. It says estimated delivery date for a reason.

Trust me I get it. It sucks waiting around not having a finite answer.

However if your ranting in an online forum about waiting for a Tesla for 30 days when people have been waiting since November you should probably roll with the Kia.

I wish you the best of luck if you choose to stick with Tesla. I’m out here in AZ aswell keeping my fingers crossed everyday for all of us to get them soon.

They most assuredly DID lie to me, in person, on the telephone, a week ago Saturday. I've been following Tesla since they first announced the M3, so I know a little bit about it. And if my ranting about being lied to in an online forum is something that you've never seen before, then you need to get out more.

Polestar website shows 2 weeks delivery from order completion. Thats pretty good and comes with the fed tax credit too.

But personally, I wont take anything other than a Tesla right now. I feel Tesla's are ATM better value for money, be it the range or charging network available to Tesla's. You just have to suffer through the waiting period.
Charging network for sure, here in my area of the Northeast, you'd be hard pressed to find anything but a Supercharger with any kind of speed to it.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
Personally, seeing the stream of impatient buyers place their order and given an estimated delivery month, only to then freak out weekly in this thread leading up to the original month estimated, and in most cases, actually receive the car within that month is becoming very amusing to me.

It states clear as day in the order agreement: "The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle, if provided, is only an estimate as we do not guarantee when your Vehicle will actually be delivered. Your actual delivery date is dependent on many factors, including your Vehicle’s configuration and manufacturing availability." I guess it's just easier to pop off and continue being ignorant and claim to be lied to than actually read the order agreement though.

You purchased a Polestar 2 and got the car already or you ordered one and your comparing what? A model 3 you don't have to a Polestar you don't have?
I ordered, purchased and now own a Polestar 2. Prior to this decision, I ordered a Tesla Model 3 with the intention of purchasing it to replace a BMW i3.

I will be reporting on my experience with the two very different processes and differences between the two vehicles. As well as why I was giving Tesla another shot after my Model S experience.

For reference, I also own a 2021 Audi e-tron and have owned a BMW i3, Honda Clarity PHEV, Tesla Model S and Nissan Leaf.

I hope this helps.

• Disagree
Reactions: smoke003
But personally, I wont take anything other than a Tesla right now. I feel Tesla's are ATM better value for money, be it the range or charging network available to Tesla's. You just have to suffer through the waiting period.

I could have typed that myself...Range, SuperCharging and over the air updates and not having to "Bring your car to your nearest service point and we’ll take care of the whole update process for you"...ugh and 20k more miles on LR for the battery warranty.

Also to each his/her own but gotta like the looks too... Not sure what this reminds me of but...its not for me.
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 9.11.01 PM.png

Reactions: Kaytu
To all Ohioans waiting to schedule delivery - If the tesla local center is not giving a concrete delivery date, you can call the 800 number and get it scheduled. I called my local tesla center today and they said i should get a text within a couple of days to schedule delivery and just after that i called tesla 800 number and the gentleman told me that my car is fairly close and scheduled my deliver to 4th March.
Where are you taking delivery? Columbus or Cleveland?

Graduation Day!
OD 1/03 EDD 2/11-3/11
EDD 2/04 - 2/12-2/26
EDD 2/09 - 2/12-3/12
EDD 2/14 - 2/17-3/3
VIN 2/18 - 182XXX (02/22)
DD 2/22/222
M3LR MSM, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, no FSD
Current average OD to DD estimate is 50 days (from the Spreadsheet) which matches my experience

Touchless/Solo/Painless Pickup at the Burbank Tesla Dealership
AMD Ryzen (No apparent range impact)
Li-ion 12v
Heated Wipers
Matrix Headlights
Updated Front Camera Housing
No Dual Pane Rear Windows
USB C power only

That is a beautiful color....glad I bought it too! (Your Pic Again)

1645583078763.png

They most assuredly DID lie to me, in person, on the telephone, a week ago Saturday. I've been following Tesla since they first announced the M3, so I know a little bit about it. And if my ranting about being lied to in an online forum is something that you've never seen before, then you need to get out more.
Sounds like you are just unnecessarily spreading toxicity in an online forum of excited people looking for advice because you didn't understand what you were getting yourself into

Lol. My OD was 11/25 and my hold was lifted today (2/22) so I'm 89 days into my allowed 90 days of hold.

The EDD that was just assigned me is June 4 - July 2. Nah... I give it 48h and expect they'll push me forward and force me to cut back in line based OD. Still expecting an EOQ delivery but as one who previously commented that I would be okay with going to the back of the line, I'm OKAY going to the back of the line. :)

Let's see what happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-214225-656.png
    Screenshot_20220222-214225-656.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 64
Update:
M3 LR/MSM/18/No FSD
OD: 12/9
EDD(12/9): 2/12-3/12
EDD(2/13): 2/26-3/12
EDD(2/18): 2/28-3/6 (VIN Received)
(2/22) schedule function unlocked; 3/3-3/4 delivery dates available; order canceled

Final Thoughts: After waiting for delivery and going through the accessory return process, I am overwhelmingly satisfied with my decision to purchase the Polestar 2 over the Tesla Model 3. The Polestar 2 is such a well put together, complete and and balanced performance vehicle. Good luck all and more to come in the Model 3 vs Polestar 2 comparison forum.

P.S. Anyone in the San Antonio/Austin region interested in OEM mud flaps, wheel locks, console storage bins and the charger mount, I know guy that will hook you up. IM me and we’ll sort out pickup/delivery. So far Tesla has returned everything else (been touch and go).

Im suprised you canceled this order. You could have waited for the car to arrive, drive it straight to carmax and get more than you paid. An easy 1-2k profit for doing nothing else other than waiting for it to finally showup.

Lying is purposefully deceiving someone. I highly doubt they did this on purpose. I bet that these employee's had the same information you did that showed an estimated delivery date and they simply repeated what they assumed to be true. Tesla cant control outside issues suchas, delivery drivers, trucks breaking down, truckers protesting, your delivery driver getting covid, or most of the factory workers catching the new strand of covid and getting 14 days off ect... there are so many other factors that come in to play when it comes to delivery and your rigid thinking will only hurt your ego in the long run. You have to critically think about things before letting your emotions take over. I work at the hospital and I can tell you straight up that dealing with something as simple as waiting for a car to show is incognizant to the stuff i see every day. Stop worrying about the small things because one of these days you will find yourself on the opposite end of another rigid thinker blaming your for lying to them.

I truly hope you get your car asap, but if your in such a big hurry why not setup a script that auto page refreshes tesla's page. I have done this and I have had the oppertunity to buy a model 3 at least once every 24 hours if i notice the page change while near the computer. I placed an order and will wait till may for delivery, but i keep the auto refresh on ecnase my color pops up. So far ive seen white, black, red, and grey. No blues in my area pop up so ill just keep waiting.

I ordered, purchased and now own a Polestar 2. Prior to this decision, I ordered a Tesla Model 3 with the intention of purchasing it to replace a BMW i3.

I will be reporting on my experience with the two very different processes and differences between the two vehicles. As well as why I was giving Tesla another shot after my Model S experience.

For reference, I also own a 2021 Audi e-tron and have owned a BMW i3, Honda Clarity PHEV, Tesla Model S and Nissan Leaf.

I hope this helps.

Congrats. The only photo i seen is from what bmwm3man just posted so please post up some photos of your car. Im all for competition so being able to see the outside and inside would be nice.

I could have typed that myself...Range, SuperCharging and over the air updates and not having to "Bring your car to your nearest service point and we’ll take care of the whole update process for you"...ugh and 20k more miles on LR for the battery warranty.

Also to each his/her own but gotta like the looks too... Not sure what this reminds me of but...its not for me. View attachment 772697

When i see the rear, it looks like the rear of a 1989 totota celica which is a very old design so thats probably why people dont like it. I also dislike the new bmw (M3) buck toothed bumper and since i already sold my 2015 m3 a year ago i decided that since the new m3 was ugly to me i didnt know what to do other than rebuy a used m3 at a much higher cost or buy a different M3. I choose the telsa this time around. The Tesla not only has its looks, but it has so many features that make it worth it alone. Plus the car gets over the air updates with big feature changes that no other manufacture will ever do without charging you.

Got my wall charger installed. Now just need the car. n

Nice! I didnt get the tesla outlet installed yet since I plan to also run an air compressor from time to time so i opted for a universal outlet and got the 14-50 outlet installed with a 60amp breaker that way i can swap it if i decide to change my mind in the future to have it all match. If i had a white car I'd consider it lol, or maybe i'll re-spray the powerwall's with a matching blue to match my m3 when it arrives. Who knows. Either way were both ready and waiting for our cars :)

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: eljefe.eng
Nice! I didnt get the tesla outlet installed yet since I plan to also run an air compressor from time to time so i opted for a universal outlet and got the 14-50 outlet installed with a 60amp breaker that way i can swap it if i decide to change my mind in the future to have it all match. If i had a white car I'd consider it lol, or maybe i'll re-spray the powerwall's with a matching blue to match my m3 when it arrives. Who knows. Either way were both ready and waiting for our cars :)
I am actually going to go ahead and install a 14-50 outlet off the inverter as well. I’m slowly putting together the solar system as my budget allows, and I’m not sure it would be able to handle the full amp capacity of the wall charger when its done. I decided to grab the wall charger because the 14-50 was out of stock for a couple weeks, but as soon as I ordered the wall charger it was available again.