Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting really frustrated with Tesla. Hoping someone here can be more helpful. I need to pay by ACH.
Tesla keeps saying pay by wire or cashiers check but I finally got them to give me ACH info. They said:
"The electronic check payment method is PLAID ACH which is available directly through your Tesla account."
I don't see how this is helpful in the slightest. There is no "Plaid ACH" as a payment option. My credit union is not on their official list for direct linking but I was able to add it in my "wallet" as a payment method and I set it to default. There appears to be no way of making a payment with it though. The app just takes me to the bank linking and when that fails it tells me to use wire or cashiers check. The thing that really ticks me off is my wife just bought a Tesla a few weeks ago using the same credit union! At one point the option came up in the app. I think it was the same point where I just get a pop-up that says to use wire or cashiers check. Grrr.

Well, my time has come to say goodbye. I got an early two-day delivery. 49 days total. To all the people who put HOLDS on. Please stop! You mess the delivery process up for everyone else. For everyone else that can manage to follow directions and has patience, it's well worth the wait.

OD-1/5
DD-2-23

PS....Lithium is the future..... I'm not saying but just saying..... get in while you have the chance.... BMIX look it up

Good luck to all. LATER

Well, my time has come to say goodbye. I got an early two-day delivery. 49 days total. To all the people who put HOLDS on. Please stop! You mess the delivery process up for everyone else. For everyone else that can manage to follow directions and has patience, it's well worth the wait.

OD-1/5
DD-2-23

PS....Lithium is the future..... I'm not saying but just saying..... get in while you have the chance.... BMIX look it up

Good luck to all. LATER
Hey don't get mad at us for putting on hold when Tesla can't get EDDs right. If they're gonna keep pushing it back and changing, then how are we supposed to be prepared to take delivery ahead of time EVERY time.

PS....Palladium is the future.....

Getting really frustrated with Tesla. Hoping someone here can be more helpful. I need to pay by ACH.
Tesla keeps saying pay by wire or cashiers check but I finally got them to give me ACH info. They said:
"The electronic check payment method is PLAID ACH which is available directly through your Tesla account."
I don't see how this is helpful in the slightest. There is no "Plaid ACH" as a payment option. My credit union is not on their official list for direct linking but I was able to add it in my "wallet" as a payment method and I set it to default. There appears to be no way of making a payment with it though. The app just takes me to the bank linking and when that fails it tells me to use wire or cashiers check. The thing that really ticks me off is my wife just bought a Tesla a few weeks ago using the same credit union! At one point the option came up in the app. I think it was the same point where I just get a pop-up that says to use wire or cashiers check. Grrr.

Plaid ACH is not a payment option per se.

Plaid is just an app that connects to your bank and allows transfer.

If you go on the Tesla App, if you got to Final payment, it will connect to Plaid and will ask you to select a bank. If your bank does not show up, search for it using search function. Maybe its a different bank with very similar names? Once you select the right one, payment should go through.

• Informative
Reactions: macv70 and cmy4x4
Cash or loan really shouldn't be improve the probability of VIN and I'd be surprised if it helps. Anyone can claim to pay for cash and its unverifable if they have the cash on hand.

I did a loan with a big down payment. But my loan provider was able to inform tesla of my pre approval and loan amount and populated it in their portal.

Thats far more guarantee than selecting cash and my VIN hasn't arrived and my SA says I'm in the best possible position in my region to receive a VIN.

So I'd take the cash option priority with a grain of salt.

If you go on the Tesla App, if you got to Final payment, it will connect to Plaid and will ask you to select a bank. If your bank does not show up, search for it using search function.
When my wife did hers, our credit union didn't show and when cancelled, the "other" option came up and she paid ACH, no linking. Now, our credit union name comes up and it says it can't link to them so try another one. I don't have another one. No ACH option comes up.

When my wife did hers, our credit union didn't show and when cancelled, the "other" option came up and she paid ACH, no linking. Now, our credit union name comes up and it says it can't link to them so try another one. I don't have another one. No ACH option comes up.

It is not linking up because Plaid is asking for your bank log in info when your bank shows up but you are probably providing wrong login info for your bank.

You need to provide your BANK LOG INFO on that screen.

To test that you have the right bank log in info, open another window and go to your bank website directly. Then try to log into the bank. If you cant there then you wont be able to on Plaid.

If you forgot your bank login info, reset your login/pwd and then test it again on bank site.

Once you have that all set, then come back to Tesla and go via plaid to connect to your bank on Tesla app and make payment.

My bank is not working with PLAID and even if it did, I would still prefer getting a cashiers check from my bank (like I did this time) and hand the check over to Tesla on delivery day after I see the car. I might be too old now :) but for some reason transferring the whole money without even seeing the car does not make me feel comfortable.

Anyone else's app stuck on this "loading" screen? I can only assume it means they're going to deliver my vehicle tomorrow, on day 17 😂 /s

Screenshot_20220223-205450~2.png

Reactions: Canine06