Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post!
Ordered our 2022 M3LR on 2/18. MSM with 18in Wheels!

EDD is showing between 5/13 and 6/15. Thinking of the supply chain problems going on, I’m looking at buying my wall mount charger now. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jim

1. Don’t believe the delivery date until you’re at the Tesla delivery location looking at the car.

2. Have the charger installed before you get the car. Doesn’t have to be a Tesla brand charger. I had an L2 charger installed when I got my solar installed in 2019. Glad I did.

So originally, I chose third party financing too…I noticed that it didn’t show my tasks complete. I finally called and they changed to cash, which immediately showed complete and I then got a date range for EDD. They told me to call back once I got a vin and they’d change it back to third party financing…

Fast forward…I was within a week of my 2 week EDD window and felt comfortable going forward with loan approval (it expires at 60 days for my CU). When I filled out the app at my CU, I chose “Tesla financing”. When the CU called to follow up, they asked for my RN number. The CU rep had internal system access and she updated my order to show APPROVED 3rd party financing and everything was good from there.

So, moral of the story…it might be beneficial to initially chose cash if financing through third party when you don’t intend on getting the approval right away (due to a far off delivery date). Then, change it down the road (no pun intended).

Again, just my take based on my experience .
I kept mine on "CASH" the whole time. When came time to pay my CU wire transferred the payment directly to Tesla. My EDD bounced around a little, but now I am getting my car almost two weeks earlier than my original EDD.:p

1. Don’t believe the delivery date until you’re at the Tesla delivery location looking at the car.

2. Have the charger installed before you get the car. Doesn’t have to be a Tesla brand charger. I had an L2 charger installed when I got my solar installed in 2019. Glad I did.
Welcome fellow Texan.
Thanks! Looking forward to getting it! Been lurking for years!

Hi all. I have a Model 3 Long Range on order in the USA. For those who have found the VIN in their source code, what query did you find it under? I've tried the following, but not sure which method is outdated:

"5YJ"
"Encoded"
"InsuranceF"

Thanks!

Supposed to pick up my LR Model 3 this Saturday. Still waiting on a check from Pen Fed that was sent out on 2/15 but still hasn't arrived. I received a letter of approval from Pen Fed stating I will be given the loan amount but I don't know if Tesla will accept that. I am also giving a partial payment with certified check. Does anyone know what happens if the check from Pen Fed doesn't arrive by pick up day?

Sorry I live in Rochester but I have to pick it up in mt. Kisco too. They said they wouldn’t deliver to Rochester. It’s like a 5.5 hour drive for me.
Ah ok. I’m in Akron, NY. Just down the 90 from you. My order from 2/4 got bumped to may for some reason. Did you complete the payment info immediately on yours? I was waiting for a vin to get 3rd party financing and then discovered that everyone on here said that’s bad and I switched to cash. Originally I had a March delivery estimate

Ah ok. I’m in Akron, NY. Just down the 90 from you. My order from 2/4 got bumped to may for some reason. Did you complete the payment info immediately on yours? I was waiting for a vin to get 3rd party financing and then discovered that everyone on here said that’s bad and I switched to cash. Originally I had a March delivery estimate
No I haven’t yet. I selected cash when I placed my order. I’m gonna call them tomorrow and have it switched to financing