Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did my lease approval online and got approved through Tesla in seconds
Where “online”? I’ve never found it, and have been told on the phone I can’t do the app until I get my
When I completed my pre-delivery tasks such as registration and whatnot it asked how I'm paying, I chose lease, asked me what terms I wanted and salary information, seconds later got approved
There is nothing like that under my pre-delivery tasks. I called the Tesla “lease team” and have been told, twice, that there’s nothing else I can do before I have a VIN.

Left hand, meet right hand. You two should get together and figure out what the other is doing.

Reactions: JustVee
Where “online”? I’ve never found it, and have been told on the phone I can’t do the app until I get my

There is nothing like that under my pre-delivery tasks. I called the Tesla “lease team” and have been told, twice, that there’s nothing else I can do before I have a VIN.

Left hand, meet right hand. You two should get together and figure out what the other is doing.
Lol. I had my vehicle on hold. I removed the hold. It had me fill out the registration, choose payment type, I chose lease, it asked for salary, lease details. That's all I can say. I have no idea why that doesn't show for you.

Finally had some movement happen!

OD: 2/18
M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero, No FSD
Original EDD: 5/19-6/19
New EDD: 4/23-5/21

Attachments

• CDB359C9-1C07-4A08-B966-B6C23DB80B6D.jpeg
    CDB359C9-1C07-4A08-B966-B6C23DB80B6D.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Got fed up with trying to communicate by text to arrange final payment by ACH and just went to Tesla to talk to a sales person. I realized afterwards that I was probably just texting to a bot. Hard to tell the difference between a bot and the average customer service rep that just uses scripts anyway.

So I ran through the steps in the app with the sales person and he said that it must not allow a non-linkable credit union for ACH. I explained that there was an option to do it a month ago when my wife did it with the same credit union and he just shrugged and said that changes happen and it must not work anymore. But I came up with a plan B, which is to switch it to a loan and I would just pay off the loan with an ACH. It took a 1/2 hour to get approval and it oddly had my $39k trade in and a $34k loan balance. I'm getting a basic 3 LR. I figured they couldn't actually charge that amount so I just okayed it. I got the loan docs to approve and the numbers were corrected so I'm all set for pick up tomorrow!

Woke up to a 180xxx VIN and one week window on the app this morning!!

Order Date: 12/30/21
Config: M3 LR Blue/Black/Aero Wheels, no FSD
Original EDD at order: March 2022
EDD 1 (updated 1/1/22): 2/12 - 3/12
EDD 2 (updated 2/13/22): 2/18 - 3/4
VIN Assigned: 2/19 (180xxx)
EDD 3 (updated 2/19/22): 2/20 - 2/26
Took delivery of my M3LR yesterday!! Words cannot describe how excited and happy I was for this day, honestly a dream come true for me. Unfortunately I had to part ways with it for a few days while it gets tinted, PPFed, and ceramic coated, but well worth the extra few more days of wait. The blue paint quality particularly stood out though and even the detail shop remarked how well the blue turned on my vehicle, can’t wait to see it in its full coated glory!

Overall pre-delivery process was relatively smooth, I signed final loan documents with DCU and they were able to send proof of tracking info same day (for some reason they never sent the check images as they promised, but both Tesla SAs said tracking was good enough). Technically the check was still in transit when they released the vehicle to me, the SAs just had to make a note of it in the system. I was just surprised that 1) two different SAs reiterated that I needed to e-sign all documents prior to delivery, not during, 2) they actually drove the car from the local service center to my house (~5 miles so no big deal), and 3) they seemed to have reset the odometer somehow since the paperwork mentioned the car had 15 miles on it already, but arrived with 5, presumably from the drive over. No complaints though, just so happy for this day!

8E4C8251-6A00-43AB-9F84-F21AD3F3E26B.jpeg

Took delivery of my M3LR yesterday!! Words cannot describe how excited and happy I was for this day, honestly a dream come true for me. Unfortunately I had to part ways with it for a few days while it gets tinted, PPFed, and ceramic coated, but well worth the extra few more days of wait. The blue paint quality particularly stood out though and even the detail shop remarked how well the blue turned on my vehicle, can’t wait to see it in its full coated glory!

Overall pre-delivery process was relatively smooth, I signed final loan documents with DCU and they were able to send proof of tracking info same day (for some reason they never sent the check images as they promised, but both Tesla SAs said tracking was good enough). Technically the check was still in transit when they released the vehicle to me, the SAs just had to make a note of it in the system. I was just surprised that 1) two different SAs reiterated that I needed to e-sign all documents prior to delivery, not during, 2) they actually drove the car from the local service center to my house (~5 miles so no big deal), and 3) they seemed to have reset the odometer somehow since the paperwork mentioned the car had 15 miles on it already, but arrived with 5, presumably from the drive over. No complaints though, just so happy for this day!

Congrats, it looks great!

Regarding the 15 miles thing: From what I understand, that's just the default mileage they have on the paperwork. My car arrived with 8, also from a nearby service center. Tesla works a ton with DCU, so I think they're more flexible/trusting with payments coming from them.

I learned that all Midwest deliveries go from Fremont to Chicago via train then delivered by truck. Mine was shipped from Fremont Thursday morning and arrives to KC today. Once you confirm it ships, looks like it's about a week to the dealer. Something to monitor once you get your VIN and if your SA tells you when it leaves Fremont.
"Your Model 3 is slated to arrive in Chicago on 3/4 and at our Indianapolis location on 3/7. As it gets closer, you will receive an automated text to schedule your delivery day. You're all set to go!"

VIN: 196xxx
Current EDD: 3/9 - 3/13

The other day my EDD went from 3/14 - 3/31 to 4/20 - 5/18. Texted Tesla rep and they said it still looks like the end of March on their end. What's the point of the other EDD, just makes me anxious about the order getting pushed back.
OD 2/2
This is the boat I’m in — OD 2/6 for a RWD, switched to LR on 2/19, got EDD of 2/24-3/7 on 2/22. Immediately freaked out about to sell my trade to Shift on Monday, but now my EDD window is 4/19-5/17. Going to check with the SA to see what they think about it.

Boom and just like that. Got my LR yesterday from Oakville. Was a generally smooth process, and was allowed to inspect the car without any pressures. Though there were no major panel alignment issues there were some hairline scratches and couple of nicks due to transfer - which they won’t fix till couple of weeks. Another issue was that the car was covered in dust - it looked like it hadn’t been given a wash in a while. These things bothered the wife more than me - end result was after 90 mins at the dealership we were away and the ride was immense.

As a recap, ordered placed on 3rd Jan - a few EDD changes - vin received on 8th, and car received yesterday. No holds, no fuss. Good luck to all waiting - it is well worth it!

Attachments

• D4E33395-E231-42AE-B167-0B969DDC2564.jpeg
    D4E33395-E231-42AE-B167-0B969DDC2564.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 72
Set delivery date late this morning (EST). Wrapping up the garage charger install, we need a new 50 amp breaker before it can pass inspection. Was way more expensive than I expected at more than 4 grand. But this included a panel expansion and reorganization as well as running a 50 amp line diagonally across my house and garage.

What are people paying for a full PPF wrap and tint? I’ve been quoted over 6k at 3 locations in south east mass and wondering if anyone has recommendations or thoughts. Please DM (I don’t think this is the place to discuss this)

White / Black interior / 18 Aero / No FSD

OD 1/28
Set date for 4:30 on 3/7 in Dedham MA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Misslove_143
Set delivery date late this morning (EST). Wrapping up the garage charger install, we need a new 50 amp breaker before it can pass inspection. Was way more expensive than I expected at more than 4 grand. But this included a panel expansion and reorganization as well as running a 50 amp line diagonally across my house and garage.

What are people paying for a full PPF wrap and tint? I’ve been quoted over 6k at 3 locations in south east mass and wondering if anyone has recommendations or thoughts.

White / Black interior / 18 Aero / No FSD

OD 1/28
Set date for 4:30 on 3/7 in Dedham MA.
I think prices vary greatly depending on location. In SoCal area I’ve been quoted a full PPF wrap on Model 3 between 4K-6K.
Tint wise Ceramic usually goes for 800-1000 all four windows and windshield, include sun/moon roof and it’s near 1200 or so.

What I ended up doing was full front and rear bumper; installer ended up offering a great deal and added some additional coverage for total of 2K. Hope that helps.