Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anybody else getting crazy quotes for a simple 14-50 outlet install. My electrical panel is literally on the other side of the garage wall. Seems like electricians know this and have raised prices based on the Tesla Name lol
I just got my quote. Asked them to include a couple unrelated things while they were here. Total $575. Cincinnati. 425B5E58-E840-4FD8-A0EB-858981470885.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Misslove_143
I just got my quote. Asked them to include a couple unrelated things while they were here. Total $575. Cincinnati.View attachment 775385
Ask the electrician to use aluminum instead of copper. I was spoken with multiple electricians and all have used aluminum for 14-50 outlets with 0 issues. I did my own last weekend for $140. Had some help but it’s not too bad.

• Disagree
Reactions: cmy4x4 and Theraven
Whelp, just got EDD changed again. Ordered 2/7 with a March EDD. 2 days later that changed to 5/1-6/4. A week later it changed to 3/12-3/31 and sat there for weeks. Now edit button has disappeared and EDD changed to 4/23-5/21. I give up! I've ordered a ID.4 so I suppose it's a race...🤷🏾‍♂️ Whoever gets it here first get the money.

M3 LR AWD/Blue/Aeros/White Interior/No FSD
Good luck. I ordered same config on 12/26. My EDD is 0303-0313 right now lol… im in socal

Update:
Delivery Taken on 23rd Feb 2022, This part was very effortless
I looked up the vehicle configuration and confirmed that our trim got the AMD Ryzen. Also, Tesla SA confirmed that the new builds are getting the 15V battery

at 90% charge the range is 322mils, very happy that we went with Tesla, ready to order the Model Y P next!

Best of Luck Y'll

Good luck. I ordered same config on 12/26. My EDD is 0303-0313 right now lol… im in socal
See that doesn't give me much hope lol. You ordered a month and a half before me and you have a March EDD AND you're in Cali and I'm all the way in Ohio. Unless someone orders same config as me and rejects (in which case I'll probably reject as well) I don't see me getting this thing before May or June. Do you have a vin yet?

Ordered Christmas Day.
Got my Delivery date, March 1. (Charlotte, NC)
3LR White / Black 18s no FSD
Really looking forward to it. Been without a 2nd car for 3 months and first EV.

Picked it up today! No drama at delivery, car looks well put together (paint is very very nice). It was clean and fully charged upon arrival.
I see a couple minor things I may ask them to adjust later but nothing major. The drive home was awesome, and I am super glad we went with a Tesla EV for our new car.

Attachments

• 20220301_124511.jpg
    20220301_124511.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 64
I did some "research" when looking up electrical connections at my place back when I was deciding on the right charger setup. A wall charger won't work for me because I have pre 1996 built home where the ground and neutral are the same ( a strict no-no per the 1996 NEC codes ). The ground test would fail essentially and it would refuse to charge. Besides that I was lucky to have been using a gas dryer which left the 240V 30A connection available. It had some old connector type which I just replaced ( a little youtube DIY ) with a 14-30 receptacle from Home Depot ( a few bucks ) and ordered the matching adapter from Tesla for the mobile charger that comes with the car.

To test the breaker does not trip and the existing wire gauge is good (#6 copper), I had my friend who has a Model Y drive over to charge it for a few minutes. I set the current limit to 24A ( thats the recommendation for a 30A breaker to avoid trips due to occasional current surges ) and could see it charging at 22 mi/hr. This is good enough for me based on my expected daily usage, its much more than I need actually, but good to have just in case. For any trips longer than what this can charge in 8 hours overnight I'll be going to a supercharger, which I may not for quite some time into the trip because the trip planner would take that into account anyway ( as I am guaranteed to start with atleast 22*8 = 176 miles of range from 0 - unlikely to ever start from 0, but still).

Overall, Im happy to have saved the $500 for the wall charger and the NEC mandated electrical rewiring had I called an electrician which in my case would undoubtedly run into a few grand.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation still deciding.

See that doesn't give me much hope lol. You ordered a month and a half before me and you have a March EDD AND you're in Cali and I'm all the way in Ohio. Unless someone orders same config as me and rejects (in which case I'll probably reject as well) I don't see me getting this thing before May or June. Do you have a vin yet?
I do not have a vin yet. I think blue specifically has delays like this. (According to everyone else)

Awesome! What are your specs and location?
Sorry, should've included in original. Was a little too excited
M3LR White/white, FSD, 18' aero
Taking delivery in Columbus, OH
I ordered mine on 2/11. M3LR, solid black, black interior, no FSD, aero wheels. Current EDD May 3 - May 31. Picking up in Cincinnati, OH.
Interesting. Wonder if it has to due with FSD, location, timing, luck, or all of the above. Hope yours gets moved up

I did some "research" when looking up electrical connections at my place back when I was deciding on the right charger setup. A wall charger won't work for me because I have pre 1996 built home where the ground and neutral are the same ( a strict no-no per the 1996 NEC codes ). The ground test would fail essentially and it would refuse to charge. Besides that I was lucky to have been using a gas dryer which left the 240V 30A connection available. It had some old connector type which I just replaced ( a little youtube DIY ) with a 14-30 receptacle from Home Depot ( a few bucks ) and ordered the matching adapter from Tesla for the mobile charger that comes with the car.

To test the breaker does not trip and the existing wire gauge is good (#6 copper), I had my friend who has a Model Y drive over to charge it for a few minutes. I set the current limit to 24A ( thats the recommendation for a 30A breaker to avoid trips due to occasional current surges ) and could see it charging at 22 mi/hr. This is good enough for me based on my expected daily usage, its much more than I need actually, but good to have just in case. For any trips longer than what this can charge in 8 hours overnight I'll be going to a supercharger, which I may not for quite some time into the trip because the trip planner would take that into account anyway ( as I am guaranteed to start with atleast 22*8 = 176 miles of range from 0 - unlikely to ever start from 0, but still).

Overall, Im happy to have saved the $500 for the wall charger and the NEC mandated electrical rewiring had I called an electrician which in my case would undoubtedly run into a few grand.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation still deciding.
The Tesla Wall Charger does not require a neutral conductor, only Hot1, Hot2, and Ground. There is nowhere on the unit for a Neutral Connection. It's strictly a 240V device. For the same reason it doesn't require a GFCI breaker.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
Sorry, should've included in original. Was a little too excited
M3LR White/white, FSD, 18' aero
Taking delivery in Columbus, OH

Interesting. Wonder if it has to due with FSD, location, timing, luck, or all of the above. Hope yours gets moved up
To add context to this, adding FSD to my order jumped me from May back to March. I believe it absolutely makes a difference. Total price of the vehicle being higher looks good at end of quarter for them. OD 2/4 to NY

Reactions: Wittybuffalo
Just thought I’d share to give everyone waiting some hope 😁

M3LR/MSM/Black Interior/Aero/No FSD
OD: 2/7
EDD 1: March 2022
EDD 2: March 8 - March 31
EDD 3 March 8 - March 22
2/27: VIN Assigned: 195XXX
EDD 4: March 14 - March 18

Haven’t confirmed with SA about AMD or Lithium 12V battery but I’m assuming it will have everything.

Will update when I confirm/ take delivery. Good luck to everyone waiting!

So I ordered on 1/26 and I don't have a VIN. WTAF Tesla? Favoritism here, or what?

• Funny
Reactions: Misslove_143