Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you trading in?

I got the same call/text from my SA. But I told him I had previously rejected the trade in offer and asked if they were revising it.
I actually sold my trade last weekend. Had cash and no trade selected. Just flipped the reservation back to financing through Tesla. Luckily, my 60 day approval is 3/19 which is my end of EDD window. So I will be order date to delivery date at 60 days - pending no transport delays etc.

Also, today this happened:
FE1EF095-F104-45E4-9D8B-7A662BE6E61A.jpeg

Model 3 long range, MSM, Black interior, AERO Wheels
order date 12/31

1st edd: March 9th to March 31st
2nd edd: Feb 19th to March 19th
3rd edd: feb 23rd to march 23rd
4th edd: feb 24th to march 9th
5th edd: Feb 26th to march 10th
6th edd: March 1st to march 14th
7th edd: march 4th to march 15th.

WELP

Anyone seeing something like this?

Spoke to my SA on the 28th, told me to wait until the 2nd, SA comes back with no movement, maybe something next week. Spoke with OPs team and said the same thing. Just trying to understand if this is a bigger issue or only me lol

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Almost the same...your window is smaller though. so i guess i'll get #7 on the 5th

M3LR/MSM/18’’ Aero/Black Int/Autopilot/Carlsbad p/u./Tesla financing on OD
  • OD:1/23 ED#1: 3/12-3/31 (2.5 week window)
  • (1/29) ED#2: 2/23-3/23 (4 week window)
  • (2/15) Trade in Text
  • (2/21) ED#3: 2/24-3/10 (2 week window)
  • (2/25) ED#4: 2/27-3/23 (3.5 week window)
  • (2/26) ED#5: 3/1-3/15 (2 week window)
  • (3/2) ED#6: 3/4-3/18 (2 week window)

After they sent you that other text that we both got?
Yep! It happened a few hours apart. The local Tesla Grand Rapids service center called me as well to go over some details. They said this is their busiest part of the quarter and they expect to fulfill a bunch of the orders before end of quarter.

So keep an eye out for a VIN.

I also asked about inspection and servicing of issues that are found. They said they hired a new detailer last year who actively corrects issues prior to delivery and if there are any issues you can pull right into the service center and correct it there usually.

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Yep! It happened a few hours apart. The local Tesla Grand Rapids service center called me as well to go over some details. They said this is their busiest part of the quarter and they expect to fulfill a bunch of the orders before end of quarter.

So keep an eye out for a VIN.

I also asked about inspection and servicing of issues that are found. They said they hired a new detailer last year who actively corrects issues prior to delivery and if there are any issues you can pull right into the service center and correct it there usually.
Did you reply to that text? That’s good news about the new detailer correcting issues prior to delivery. I’m dealing with SA Conner. Is that your SA as well? I keep opening my app up constantly! I can’t believe my OD was Nov. 5th and still no VIN. It’s gotta be close now because of that generic Michigan text we both got.

Not sure how I feel about this but it is what it is. Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow, just received a call that my pick up needed to be postponed for two weeks since they felt that the front right panel needed repainted. It wasn't up to their standard according to the SA. I guess the positive is they are fixing it before I see it, but I was hoping quality issues were a thing of the past. And the waiting continues........
Honestly I'd punt it. Nice that they actually checked it before you picked up but it must have been REALLY bad for them to catch it. Anyway you are taking delivery of a car that is devalued before you drive it off the lot. Almost any paint work will devalue the car. There is post I read not long ago that they had paint work done on their Tesla to correct issues at delivery.

Later when they tried to trade it in, they were getting the value knocked down 6-8k because of the paint work. It is very easy to check with a paint gauge and on an expensive car, dealers are more likely to do it.

I had an issue with my S just 2 weeks ago where the door was rubbing the fender. I didn't drive the car until I could get them in to fix it. Last thing I wanted them to do is to paint something and likely make it worse. As it was, just ended up with some minor scuffing and an easy touch up out of sight. Like 1 drop of paint to fix it.

Reactions: Postjus
Did you reply to that text? That’s good news about the new detailer correcting issues prior to delivery. I’m dealing with SA Conner. Is that your SA as well? I keep opening my app up constantly! I can’t believe my OD was Nov. 5th and still no VIN. It’s gotta be close now because of that generic Michigan text we both got.
I did. But it was definitely automated. I then received a VIN text, e-mail, and then my SA Kelly texted me directly to call me with details on how to streamline delivery timing.

The gap was about 4 hours from the automated message to actual VIN message.

I expect VINs will be assigned over the next 1-2 days

Reactions: GOGR33N
installed my 14-50 outlet today. To anyone thats doing there own installation id recommended getting more wire than you think you'll need. Always better to have to much than not enough. Make shure you get a industrial grade receptacle like a Siemens or an eaton. DO NOT get it from home depot and stay away from levitron. The cheap one will melt and overheat with constant high amp draws. I was lucky and have my box is the most convenient place so I only had to run wire 1 foot. With all my materials it cost me $57. I went with a surface mount receptacle because I rent and have to remove it when I leave. So I didnt wana cut a big hole in the drywall.

OD 1/29/2022 current of 3/4 to 3/14 delivery to Portland oregon still no VIN M3 LR MSM AREO WHITE INT.

Attachments

• 20220303_130154.jpg
    20220303_130154.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220303_131134.jpg
    20220303_131134.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: cmy4x4