Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the (exciting or dreaded?) pushback. From what I have witnessed, two factors seem to cause this. One: tasks need to be completed. Two: they are ABOUT to assign a vin and for some reason, for some people, the system spits out a wonky far-away date prior to this.

HOPING for the latter. Freaking out that maybe we missed something and will not have this car in time for our mega-road trip.

M3LR+/ Blue-W/ 18" Aero/No FSD - PU in DFW
OD: 2/4. EDD: 3/6-3/31. EDD 2: 3/14-3/27.
EDD 3 given 3/8/22: April 30 - May 28
Same thing happened to me! I sure hope you are right about the latter!

Reactions: Slim Nebuloid
I just got the (exciting or dreaded?) pushback. From what I have witnessed, two factors seem to cause this. One: tasks need to be completed. Two: they are ABOUT to assign a vin and for some reason, for some people, the system spits out a wonky far-away date prior to this.

HOPING for the latter. Freaking out that maybe we missed something and will not have this car in time for our mega-road trip.

M3LR+/ Blue-W/ 18" Aero/No FSD - PU in DFW
OD: 2/4. EDD: 3/6-3/31. EDD 2: 3/14-3/27.
EDD 3 given 3/8/22: April 30 - May 28
I just got the exact same thing. So disappointed. I hope it’s the 2nd thing you mentioned

Reactions: GOGR33N
Just another data point for the group:

I have a 2021 M3LR-Red. I love it!

In November (11/22/21), I ordered another one exactly like it thinking the BBB EV tax credit was going to pass and I could sell the one I just bought and get a new car for less money...
Original EDD was 1/31/22.

Currently showing March18-31 with no VIN issued yet.

So best case, that's about 4 months wait time.

I'm planning on deferring the delivery when it finally gets scheduled. The EV tax credit will not pass anytime soon. But with gas heading up, maybe used Tesla's will increase in value and I'll sell it in a few months and get the new one after all. Who knows right now what the world will look like in a few months...

Reactions: EnjoiM3
Well, chugging along still. Got another EDD update lengthening my 4 day window to the whole week next week. However, I did call and speak to Tesla yesterday and they confirmed it had left the factory grounds (supposedly) and was scheduled to arrive by the 15th in Houston. So fingers crossed the new updated window means the truck driver is flying through the Mid-West snow storms at the moment and it actually shows up earlier than forecasted.

Model 3 Long Range | White on White w/o FSD
Delivery To Houston TX
Order Date: January 18 @ 11AM

EDD Updates:
1/18 - March 1 - March 31
1/30 - April 11 - May 9th
2/12 - March 18 - March 31
2/21 - March 5 - March 16
2/26 - March 11 - March 31
2/27 - March 11 - March 23
3/3 - Trade-In call Rcvd. VIN assigned 15 minutes later. And EDD 3/16-3/19!!!
3/7 - VIN Congrats & Confirm Acceptance Text. Same EDD.
3/8 - March 13 - March 19

This might be a long shot, but I have a question for people doing 3rd party financing, specifically Navy Federal.

What do you put for "Proceeds Payable"? Would "Tesla" suffice?

TIA!

I’m through Navy Federal. It varies by state when you can hand over the check. Some states require that it they have it before delivery day. I’m in WA and my plan is to bring the check to my delivery appointment so that I can get them to help make sure that I don’t bork up the process. 🤪

Reactions: DunKare
I’ve been quiet the past couple of days because it took 5 tries over 3 days to get an accurate MVPA from Tesla. There were a couple of them in there that said my amount due was about -1500 dollars.
I ended up having to calculate the numbers myself and feeding them to someone by text. I asked them if they thought Tesla was going to give me $1548.87 at the same time as the car before they understood the problem.

It’s all correct now, and still picking it up Thursday, but yeesh.

Graduated from this room yesterday! Pick up was flawless. Luckily couldn’t find one thing wrong with it while going through the checklist.

446F691D-2DBE-4472-834C-9452AF36F0F6.jpeg

What is the best way to contact a service advisor? Some of you have gotten them to share info and some get canned responses.
I have texted the number that sent the “trade in” text and got a response there. I also called the dealership itself and talked to a very knowledgeable person. This is in Michigan, I’m sure every city/state is a different experience. But mine was very positive

< - One of the few that didn't "complete" the process, but I just called Tesla and they gave me this info.

Rep gave me the supply chain talk, Chips, Tires, and they are churning out cars slower than usually. Looking like 1st/2nd week of April, but End of March COULD happen.... 🤷‍♂️

OD: 12/19/21
EDD: 03/10 - 04/04
2/22 - Waiting on TI offer, EDD changed : 04/09 - 5/07
2/26 - Poked and Prodded for TI offer, ultimately declined and "completed" process
3/2 - No change on EDD, but confirmed OD is 12/19 and not 2/26.

obviously no VIN yet...

I guess I'll just wait for the EDD change....

Hope this helps!

*Please don't stone me*

Loc: Newest service center *near* wine country in California...

So I walked into one of the service centers yesterday afternoon... asking for an "update"... This is how it went:

Me: So... I want to see if there are any updates...
SA: What you see on the app is what we see. If it says April, then it's April, but we do have a lot of cars coming in.
SA2: Yea, are you like ready now? do you want to take a car? It's the end of the quarter, which means we are doing our push, and there are people who is not ready and I have some that I might be able to match to your configuration.
Me: Ready now as in, now now? or? (obviously don't have financing ready and I was by myself....can't drive 2 cars)
SA2: I can hold the car for 3 days if you are ready.
Me: Yes. I'm ready.
SA2: Okay, I will try and look to see if there are any thing that matches your configuration.

30 minute drive home....
Text - VIN Assigned
Text - Delivery Scheduled 3/10 - 12:00PM
Call - SA2 - So I found you a car that someone isn't ready to take. Can you get everything done before the delivery time?
Me: Yes.

VIN - 200XXX - Not the highest, but glad its the 200 club so its not been sitting forever.

Now I need to get financing done - waiting on Navy Federal for my rate....

I'm not sure if it was the excitement or my cats, I kept waking up every 2 hours last night...😆

*Please don't stone me*

Loc: Newest service center *near* wine country in California...

So I walked into one of the service centers yesterday afternoon... asking for an "update"... This is how it went:

Me: So... I want to see if there are any updates...
SA: What you see on the app is what we see. If it says April, then it's April, but we do have a lot of cars coming in.
SA2: Yea, are you like ready now? do you want to take a car? It's the end of the quarter, which means we are doing our push, and there are people who is not ready and I have some that I might be able to match to your configuration.
Me: Ready now as in, now now? or? (obviously don't have financing ready and I was by myself....can't drive 2 cars)
SA2: I can hold the car for 3 days if you are ready.
Me: Yes. I'm ready.
SA2: Okay, I will try and look to see if there are any thing that matches your configuration.

30 minute drive home....
Text - VIN Assigned
Text - Delivery Scheduled 3/10 - 12:00PM
Call - SA2 - So I found you a car that someone isn't ready to take. Can you get everything done before the delivery time?
Me: Yes.

VIN - 200XXX - Not the highest, but glad its the 200 club so its not been sitting forever.

Now I need to get financing done - waiting on Navy Federal for my rate....

I'm not sure if it was the excitement or my cats, I kept waking up every 2 hours last night...😆
Well, I know what I’m going to be doing after work today😂

I think Tesla just made a huge mistake! Just refreshed my app again and EDD moved from March 16-31 to May 3-31. Wtf!? OD of Nov. 5th.
Ordered the same day as me! Also known as, one day after the last price increase ;)

This used to be the thinking in re: tasks. Right now, at least in my account since changing over to "check app for tasks," I can no longer make any changes to anything. I am concerned because I (purposefully) hadn't fully filled out the payment info. Although it does show that supposedly I chose to pay for it in full (whatever that means — other than leasing, it would always be paid in full to Tesla, either by me or a bank, so doesn't make much sense). But I don't remember actually picking this, so hopefully it means it defaulted to that (vs. it not being picked at all), which would of course be fine in not holding up the process. I have the benefit of not needing the car till mid-late summer, but it's a shame I have to put so much energy into this process. And this would be my 4th Tesla :) (would because I'm actively looking at competitors since it would also be my 3rd Model 3, and I could play with something else for a couple of years until there are some more substantial changes, considering we have a summer '21 MY7 in the garage).

I'm still convinced refreshing the page 20 times a day moves me up in the production line lol.
Nah, you're good, it's just your mental sanity that gets drained ;) I've been thru this process 3 times prior, twice in 2018 (but 6 months apart) and another time last year. I could write a book on "the process" 🤣

Just another data point for the group:

I have a 2021 M3LR-Red. I love it!

In November (11/22/21), I ordered another one exactly like it thinking the BBB EV tax credit was going to pass and I could sell the one I just bought and get a new car for less money...
Original EDD was 1/31/22.

Currently showing March18-31 with no VIN issued yet.

So best case, that's about 4 months wait time.

I'm planning on deferring the delivery when it finally gets scheduled. The EV tax credit will not pass anytime soon. But with gas heading up, maybe used Tesla's will increase in value and I'll sell it in a few months and get the new one after all. Who knows right now what the world will look like in a few months...
I'm in the same boat but minus the car to replace — this is a backup car to our '21 MY7, because daddy needs his fun and daddy doesn't enjoy driving SUVs (and daddy misses his M3P and its excellent, sporty seating position compared to sitting in a chair at the dinner table in the MY even with the seat as low as it will go). Don't need the car till next school year (late summer) but if they keep pulling shenanigans I may get something else for a year or two, because as much as I love y'all I do think this process is ridic (this is my 4th time doing it, the 3 previous times having been seen all the way thru to delivery). My original EDD was December! But again since I don't need the car I didn't say anything. But I will keep quiet no more! 😂

Graduated from this room yesterday! Pick up was flawless. Luckily couldn’t find one thing wrong with it while going through the checklist.

View attachment 778346
Congrats! I get excited when I see someone excited for a new car! It really is one of the best feelings. Many happy miles!

I have texted the number that sent the “trade in” text and got a response there. I also called the dealership itself and talked to a very knowledgeable person. This is in Michigan, I’m sure every city/state is a different experience. But mine was very positive
I just did the first part (texting the trade-in text #), I told them there's nothing to trade in and to make sure they mark it as such not to hold up delivery. This is mostly because I am concerned that I can't see anything anymore as "tasks" like you could a month(?) ago.

When I was looking at accessories in the shop - I saw there is a refresh version of the Aero covers. Is that even for 2022 models or only for pre-refresh ( the app didnt seem clear )?
Huh - I never even noticed.
I just checked - I have the refresh aero covers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaytu
Thanks for responding! Good luck to you.
Same to you!

FYI to those who want to defer delivery...

M3LR, White/Black, 19", no FSD
10/24 OD, no delivery steps completed (currently out of the country)
3/4 received cancellation email
3/7 completed first 2 delivery steps (location, registration)
3/7 initial EDD 5/23-6/20 (want to take delivery at end of Q2)
3/8 EDD 3/25-3/31

Called (888) 51-TESLA to put on hold, was told can only hold for 14 days. May be because I already went 4+ months without completing delivery steps. Recommendation was to wait until a VIN is assigned, then release the VIN and put on hold by calling back. But again, can only hold for 14 days.