Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The waiting continues, but I'm excited that I finally got an "off schedule" EDD update this morning (all 4 prior updates occurred on the day after I entered an EDD window). Down to a 2-week window.

M3LRAWD, MSM, Black, 19", No FSD
OD: 2/6 (March Estimate)
(2/6) EDD1: 2/24-3/24
2/16: Trade In Text
(2/25) EDD2: 2/28-3/24
(3/1) EDD3: 3/4-3/31
(3/5) EDD4: 3/9-3/31
(3/10) EDD5: 3/13-3/31
(3/11) EDD6: 3/15-3/29

In Los Angeles, planning to pick up in Burbank.

Reactions: Darnocula
Not like I plan on spending a lot of time touching the outside of the car. My wife has a black Mini Cooper and it's not a hotbox. Plus, I think the black wheels with the black door handles and a nice deep window tint will make the car look sexy AF.
Can vouch for that! 18% tint on the last 2, might go with 15% this time around. I constantly get compliments and this will be my 3rd black M3LR. They are a pain to keep looking nice though, they get dirty about 10 mins after you get done washing it. But worth it IMO.

Reactions: T-J-
When I ordered on 1/26, I selected "Lease" since that's what I'm going to do. I entered all the information they requested. Since then I've called them three times to ask about the lease details. Every time I was told "Don't worry, everything will be done when you get your VIN." So I got my VIN yesterday, and they want to deliver tomorrow. Today (Friday) is my ONE day off during the week before I leave for a long planned trip to the east coast that I can't delay or change. Three times I was told "Please unfreeze your Experian credit report" which I did in January. Today, Friday, before the delivery is schedule on Saturday (I leave on Sunday morning at 0605), I call again. "This is strange, I'll have to get back to you." So then I get two emails about 15 minutes apart from two different people at Tesla leasing saying the same thing: you need to unfreeze your credit with all three credit agencies before we can proceed. SERIOUSLY, Tesla!?!? SERIOUSLY? You're waiting until literally the LAST F*CKING MINUTE TO TELL ME THIS? Why was I not told this any of the THREE TIMES I've called you to specifically ask about this? If it's not done T O D A Y then the soonest I can possibly take delivery is two weeks from Tuesday, and I really don't think they want the car sitting around for two weeks before it's delivered.

Elon, I'm far, far, far from impressed with your company so far. What a bunch of crap.

My EDD just got pushed a little bit further, it is now the last two weeks of March. I am hoping this happens since I am now needing this car. Is anyone else still waiting with a 2021 order date or I am the last one? OD 11/8
My OD is 10/26, and I still don't have a VIN. It's dismaying to see so many people ordering Jan and Feb getting VIN and delivery. I'm in MN.

Reactions: GOGR33N
And you selected cash or financing as an option? My understanding is even if you want to finance, selecting cash will expedite delivery . Once you get a vin you can call and change payment method.
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I did the trade-in option (to get a quote) and chosen cash. Hopefully I'd see a change in the delivery date. Appreciate your feedback!

Reactions: angeliavee
They changed my delivery to home delivery. I wanted to pick up. Do you guys think that can be changed back?

Also anybody can provide the 800 number to contact them. The SA ghost on me and no answer at the text I sent to switch payment method
Thanks

I purposefully did not complete my pre-delivery tasks while I did a home re-fi and then arranged financing through my CU. I also started the process of returning my leased '19 (due back in July) early.

My tasks are all done now and I'm waiting for a VIN. The app shows March 2-30 but it has said that for several weeks.

I had a couple bumps, to March 8-31, then 11-31, and now today bumped and narrowed to Mar 13-27.

Frunk mat, Console bins, and Garage door opener all waiting in a pile in my garage. Also have the Roof Rack which will only go on when I need it for the Kayak.

My OD is 10/26, and I still don't have a VIN. It's dismaying to see so many people ordering Jan and Feb getting VIN and delivery. I'm in MN.
Did your SA tell you where the car would be manufactured? I am in Oregon and my SA told me that it would be built in Fremont factory. He mentioned that the East coast cars are made in Texas plant. being in MN, I would think Fremont, but if it is the Dallas facility, maybe that would be a factor? Either way, that is really discouraging.

Did your SA tell you where the car would be manufactured? I am in Oregon and my SA told me that it would be built in Fremont factory. He mentioned that the East coast cars are made in Texas plant. being in MN, I would think Fremont, but if it is the Dallas facility, maybe that would be a factor? Either way, that is really discouraging.
I am under the impression that only MYs are being made in the TX plant, and all M3s are made in Freemont or China. I have not heard anywhere that they are making M3s in TX.

Been watching this thread the past week and almost everyone getting VINs right now are California or west coast while lots of east coast orders with same or earlier order dates have been delayed. I did however speak with an advisor in NY recently that said they are still expecting to ramp up end of quarter so there still may be hope that VINs will be headed east in the next couple weeks.