Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking in this thread. I'm also waiting on my LR AWD. Expecting VIN very soon. I read in here that DCU has great rates and to become a member. However, upon signing up, it appears I don't qualify to become a member as I have no family member with them. Am I unable to join? Also I heard tesla can rate match but is that not an option if I can't become a member? Are there alternatives with similar competitive rates?

M3/LR/Grey/Stock Tyres + FSD

OD: 2/18/2022
EDD: 5/19-6/22

I’m being cheated. Fresh orders for M3 with FSD are going for April 22 and they are pushing me to June.
I’m in the e
M3/LR/Grey/Stock Tyres + FSD

OD: 2/18/2022
EDD: 5/19-6/22

I’m being cheated. Fresh orders for M3 with FSD are going for April 22 and they are pushing me to June.
I’m in the EXACT same boat. That seems unbelievable that we paid for FSD a few weeks before yet new orders get priority.

Reactions: Slim Nebuloid
Delivery day! Ordered 2/2/2022- picked up 3/12/2022 during a pretty heavy snowstorm. Probably should have done a better job inspecting, but it was nasty out. A couple of minor inconsistencies in panel gaps but nothing I’m concerned about. Good news is it drives great in the snow.

Attachments

• 7AF3EC49-1F4B-4D2A-89D7-3F6BFB485275.jpeg
    7AF3EC49-1F4B-4D2A-89D7-3F6BFB485275.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 059D7B53-B956-45D9-A133-A82A720AF9CD.jpeg
    059D7B53-B956-45D9-A133-A82A720AF9CD.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 69
Nice getting bumped up a month! I have the same car 6 days behind you

LR AWD Red/White on 18", no FSD
Ordered 03/01/22
EDD: 05/10 - 06/07
Thanks! SUPER EXCITED! Niiice! Twinning. So you should receive an updated EDD as well! Test drove the same specs model a few days after ordering, bad idea. Made me want to change my order to a performance model just to recieve it sooner. Lol

I've been lurking in this thread. I'm also waiting on my LR AWD. Expecting VIN very soon. I read in here that DCU has great rates and to become a member. However, upon signing up, it appears I don't qualify to become a member as I have no family member with them. Am I unable to join? Also I heard tesla can rate match but is that not an option if I can't become a member? Are there alternatives with similar competitive rates?
You can join if you join one of their partnering nonprofit organizations. I'm planning on joining as well, but I'm waiting for my VIN. If you decide to open a checking account with them and do full direct deposit as well as setup auto payment for the loan, you can get approved for as low as 1.24%. For me, I don't think I want to switch checking accounts, but I could still get 1.74%. When I called, they said it starts at 1.99%, and if your car is "environmentally friendly", you qualify for an additional .25%. I'll be happy with that rate.

Reactions: odguy and Theraven
Hmm.

I've finalized my delivery via text and phone call with a few different Sales Associates/Tesla employees. At first, they automatically selected "home delivery" for me, but I felt better going into a store for pickup in case there were any issues to discuss.

Even though I've selected the "West Grand" location in Chicago, it seems like the pickup will be remote... here's what Tesla texted:

Your Tesla will be parked on the west side of the parking lot ACROSS from the West Grand store. Your name will be on the dashboard of your vehicle.

- Unlock your car via the Tesla Mobile App

- Follow the instructions inside the red envelope to complete signing your delivery paperwork.

-DO NOT LEAVE PICKUP PRIOR TO RETURNING YOUR RED ENVELOPE TO THE BLACK DROP BOX.

- You are ready to start enjoying Tesla Ownership!

Note -
- Please arrive at appointment time, not before. Your Tesla Mobile App will have limited access prior to your delivery time.

- Any questions or support needed, please respond to this text message. Thank you!

It feels a bit strange to be going into the location for pickup but not having any specific salesperson available in case an issue comes up. Wish me luck, I guess?

Hmm.

I've finalized my delivery via text and phone call with a few different Sales Associates/Tesla employees. At first, they automatically selected "home delivery" for me, but I felt better going into a store for pickup in case there were any issues to discuss.

Even though I've selected the "West Grand" location in Chicago, it seems like the pickup will be remote... here's what Tesla texted:

It feels a bit strange to be going into the location for pickup but not having any specific salesperson available in case an issue comes up. Wish me luck, I guess?

When we picked up our SLR in Sept and our LR yesterday I didn't have a specific person to ask for. When you tell them your there someone will say "right over here I have your paperwork".

Reactions: Mgritts
I think you’ll get better info on the RWD model here. Good luck hope it gets filled fast man!

Yeah.. I fat fingered this morning and didn't realize until I looked up and went "Aww crud, wrong room"

Reactions: Theraven
You can join if you join one of their partnering nonprofit organizations. I'm planning on joining as well, but I'm waiting for my VIN. If you decide to open a checking account with them and do full direct deposit as well as setup auto payment for the loan, you can get approved for as low as 1.24%. For me, I don't think I want to switch checking accounts, but I could still get 1.74%. When I called, they said it starts at 1.99%, and if your car is "environmentally friendly", you qualify for an additional .25%. I'll be happy with that rate.
If you're sure you're going with DCU, I would submit that member application now. It takes 3 business days for them to approve your membership and another day or 2 to finalize the loan and get that check sent out. I waited until my VIN was assigned to join DCU and I had to release my VIN since I couldn't get my loan finalized in time. My VIN assignment day to the last of the 3 day delivery window was only 5 days.