Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, definitely pros and cons to weigh but I'm just stating facts here without being biased and everyone seems to be bashing me for it. Those that think Tesla can do no wrong and are willing to accept whatever they say. This will be my first Tesla but you only have one time to make a great impression and so far it's not looking so good. Speaking of the ID.4 I've ordered one and the dealer doesn't have a markup. Not sure where you're located but ask around. If it gets here before the Tesla (which it just might) I'm going with it. And as far as the tech I don't really see what the Tesla does that is so special. The full self driving is not realized yet and the videos I see on YouTube, it crashes into bollards, misjudges turns and everything. I wouldn't trust it. As far as everything else besides summon mode (which has its hiccups as well) other cars have been doing for free. My old Buick could park itself and it wasn't bundled in a $12k package. My current ice car can drive itself on the highway and switch lanes...has adaptive cruise...the whole 9. I'm sure I'll get downvoted but I don't care, just being real. The acceleration is nice but there are other vehicles with similar performance for less money. I'm not even sure if I'll like electric as I stated earlier, just trying it out to see what all the fuss is about. I drove from Ohio to Florida frequently and sometimes to New York from Ohio and am used to just stopping at the gas station for 5 minutes and being back on the road. Having to reroute to be able to hit superchargers and sitting for 30 or 40 minutes...idk... we'll see.
I’m in GA and markups on existing vehicles is crazy here in metro Atlanta. I’m in the same boat as you-I ordered the 2022 ID4 Pro S AWD. If it arrives before the Tesla I’ll go with it…unless the dealers choose to price it above MSRP.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
I'm happy to report that I took delivery today without incident! My wait time was only 36 days from order to delivery. I am still a bit stunned. It's hard to believe that the car in this photo is MINE and not some other LR MSM that I've passed on the street...

A few parts of the pickup experience that stuck out to me:

1.) I arrived right on time, but I ended up waiting 25-30 minutes while they got the vehicle ready.
2.) There was a small scratch on the right passenger door. The associates I worked with tried to remove them with some Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound, but one small scratch (1 inch, on the clear coat) still remains. I'm not displeased enough to pursue it any further.
3.) I used this checklist, partially at the dealer, and partially at home. I'm nearly all the way through it and everything is looking good! Tesla gives 1 day or 100 miles to report any defects.
4.) Driving the car home, it seemed like the close-object-warning sensors were still "calibrating." Anyone have any idea how long this takes?
5.) No significant panel gaps.

Wishing everyone here early and speedy deliveries!

View attachment 781397
Congrats! It’s a beauty.

I'd like to know what new car out there could beat 0-60 in 4.2 secs that's less than the M3LR. One that's a close competitor is the Mercedez C43 AMG, but that's quite a bit more than the M3LR (starts at $60k) and does 0-60 in 4.5 secs. For that much I would just go with the performance model which competes with cars like the Audi R8 (which costs twice as much).
This. No other EV comes close to same price for similar acceleration and ranged combined. And then for an extra 2K you can bring down to 3.7. I have yet to encounter any ICE or EV that has beaten me off a stop. Many also try to pass on highway due to my safe driving, only to look foolish...Am I a jerk, prolly. The car was worth the wait. I regret a lot of stuff. This is one thing I have not. Plus saved 150 in fuel this month per first electric statement and miles driven.

I'd like to know what new car out there could beat 0-60 in 4.2 secs that's less than the M3LR. One that's a close competitor is the Mercedez C43 AMG, but that's quite a bit more than the M3LR (starts at $60k) and does 0-60 in 4.5 secs. For that much I would just go with the performance model which competes with cars like the Audi R8 (which costs twice as much).
When I was comparing cars in a ealier post I was speaking about how the base rwd price is $50k now with options and over $60k with fsd and how the type r is faster for much less and so is the charger rt. The lr is not what I was speaking about.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sheefo2k
When I was comparing cars in a ealier post I was speaking about how the base rwd price is $50k now with options and over $60k with fsd and how the type r is faster for much less and so is the charger rt. The lr is not what I was speaking about.
Please take this conversation elsewhere; this thread is not for discussing the merits of various makes and models of cars.

I’m in GA and markups on existing vehicles is crazy here in metro Atlanta. I’m in the same boat as you-I ordered the 2022 ID4 Pro S AWD. If it arrives before the Tesla I’ll go with it…unless the dealers choose to price it above MSRP.
Well good luck. If Georgia is anything like Florida then those dealers are greedy lunatics. Hey on the plus side, at least you get your deposit back with VW if it doesn't pan out.

Reactions: gagirl65