Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
awesome! I may do the same

Good to know--thanks!
I joined the credit union as well and was told I would hear from them within 24 hours. I'm going to call in the morning and ask about the actual details of their lending and how quickly they operate. I don't want to get a call from Tesla that the car is ready and then not be able to get the check from the credit union.

It was 2.29% last week when I relocked 90 day approval. With inflation on the rise, we will see increased interest rates across the board.
My first approval through Tesla will expire on May 11 and it's not likely I'll have my car by then so I'm almost tempted to lock in another rate now before they go up even more.

also, do share the link to the fancier ones if you have one.

The elitect option.

I joined the credit union as well and was told I would hear from them within 24 hours. I'm going to call in the morning and ask about the actual details of their lending and how quickly they operate. I don't want to get a call from Tesla that the car is ready and then not be able to get the check from the credit union.
Yeah I'm going to do the same tomorrow before I sign up for the council to make sure they can get it done in time. How long did it take to get your council membership number?

Not sure. Was just going by the spreadsheet and people said they got 1.99% for 84 months.

I’m sticking with DCU myself since I’ve already opened an account with them in preparation of applying for the loan as soon as I get my VIN.
If this helps, my friend built a very easy to use interest rate calculator for Excel but can be opened in Google Docs. I'll provide a Google Drive link for the Excel doc and I added a frame grab of it with different interest rates based on $30,000 loan just so you can see the difference in monthly payments. If you open the attachment yourself, you can play with any numbers based on your rates and actual loan amount. I can create a new post if the mods want to make a sticky out of it or, they have permission to download and create a sticky themselves.

Simple Loan Calulator

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 5.53.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 5.53.08 PM.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 102
Nothing for me yet. Edmonton with an OD of 2/5. EDD is may 3-31 as of right now. Not sure if Edmonton counts as central. Crossing fingers for a VIN as my finance window at RBC closes in 2 weeks and then I’m probably subject to an extra %. Sitting at 3.65 currently. Any suggestions for Edmonton finance that shaves a couple interest points for EV?
I’m and Edmonton order as well. OD 02/12

Reactions: figs45

The elitect option.
thanks. Thats model Y mats.

Sell me your reservation. Kidding. That's a bummer man. I would honestly fly back, sign paperwork, and then return to Europe for vacation. Unless you can hire someone and grant power of attorney to take delivery?
I say you should just go ahead and "schedule" the pick up within the window that they give you and then the day before your appointment, call the pick up location directly and tell them you need to reschedule. They will already have the car there, im sure they will not be putting it back on a truck to CA! And you will be talking to a real person. They made you wait this long. The least they can do is hold it in the parking lot for a couple extra days until you get home.

Reactions: jpaychek
I say you should just go ahead and "schedule" the pick up within the window that they give you and then the day before your appointment, call the pick up location directly and tell them you need to reschedule. They will already have the car there, im sure they will not be putting it back on a truck to CA! And you will be talking to a real person. They made you wait this long. The least they can do is hold it in the parking lot for a couple extra days until you get home.
Would be cool if it worked this way but every delivery center in the US has a list of folks waiting should someone not be able/ willing to accept delivery. I've made it known to my SA I'd accept msm or blue color instead of black. Performance model instead of LR. Any color interior. Any wheels. Not paying for FSD but that can easily be removed at the SC before sale. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Wish it wasn't this way but with demand as high as it is, and a company driven by profit margin over customer service, it isn't going to change. For his sake, i hope I'm wrong, but haven't seen any evidence of folks being able to postpone and delay their delivery while still keeping the car/ vin. Maybe they'll get lucky though.....

Reactions: E90alex