Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this! Just hit my 5th post (took me awhile) so I am finally able to like and have a signature.
If you get your vehicle according to your latest EDD, it would certainly support the theory that upgraded vehicles are delivered more quickly. 60 days is pretty quick in these trying times.
What say you great prognosticators of the Interwebs. When do you think I will get my car?
And your EDD getting pushed out so much also supports that theory. You have an upgraded color, but that's it. I'd guess that you're looking at mid-June - for a vehicle ordered at the end of February (100+ days). That's assuming that things stay more or less stable in terms of supply.

It's a shame the order spreadsheet doesn't show the vehicle configuration so we could correlate configurations with order-to-VIN times.

Edit: Thanks @elyk864 for pointing out that the information is there. It's in columns off to the right.

Last edited:
Reactions: critchamc
If you get your vehicle according to your latest EDD, it would certainly support the theory that upgraded vehicles are delivered more quickly. 60 days is pretty quick in these trying times.

And your EDD getting pushed out so much also supports that theory. You have an upgraded color, but that's it. I'd guess that you're looking at mid-June - for a vehicle ordered at the end of February (100+ days). That's assuming that things stay more or less stable in terms of supply.

It's a shame the order spreadsheet doesn't show the vehicle configuration so we could correlate configurations with order-to-VIN times.
The order spreadsheet does have the config, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about.

Side note on this question- why do some people have an SA and some don’t? Our local service center is tied into our order and we still were never assigned an SA and never contacted by anyone. No texts, nothing. We have never reached out to try to find ourselves an SA either, so maybe that’s what everyone is doing? Not that we need one, but I’ve been curious. It seems that part of the process is not uniform across all customers.
Can you call in on the Tesla support number (888-518-3752) and ask them about this? It would help everyone here to know what's going on. It may also help Tesla to know that they've got a glitch in the Matrix if they expect everyone to get those texts but they're not always going out. It might just be a lazy SA not doing their job and Tesla never finding out about it.

Side note on this question- why do some people have an SA and some don’t? Our local service center is tied into our order and we still were never assigned an SA and never contacted by anyone. No texts, nothing. We have never reached out to try to find ourselves an SA either, so maybe that’s what everyone is doing? Not that we need one, but I’ve been curious. It seems that part of the process is not uniform across all customers.
Everyone has an SA. Everyone should have received a text when they placed their order. It's the one that says "Hi (name), welcome to the Tesla family...."
You can just reply to that text and you'll get a response.

Can you call in on the Tesla support number (888-518-3752) and ask them about this? It would help everyone here to know what's going on. It may also help Tesla to know that they've got a glitch in the Matrix if they expect everyone to get those texts but they're not always going out. It might just be a lazy SA not doing their job and Tesla never finding out about it.
One small, possibly meaningless anecdotal on this- before we placed our order we went to our local showroom to test drive. The girl who helped us (I’m guessing she is an “SA”?) told us before we left that when we decided to order, make sure the email we use is the same one we used to test drive, that way it will pop up in their system and they can reach out to us if they have to- she specifically sighted one of the reasons to reach out being if they have an earlier available car that didn’t perfectly fit our specs, but close. She also said they like to keep their eye on all their local orders. So I guess she is likely our SA, just everything so far has been smooth and no reason to reach out.

While I am at it, I have a second anecdotal around financing- I have an acquaintance who worked at Tesla from its inception and told me that her one piece of advice was if we are financing via Tesla and we have to re-up the approval because it went past 60 days, don’t do it online- it’ll put you back at the end of the que. She said be sure to have the SA do it and ensure you don’t get bumped. FWIW.

Everyone has an SA. Everyone should have received a text when they placed their order. It's the one that says "Hi (name), welcome to the Tesla family...."
You can just reply to that text and you'll get a response.
Exactly. The exact verbiage is (omitting personal details):

Hi XXXX, welcome to the Tesla family! Go to ts.la/account to get started on your pre-delivery tasks for XXXXXXXXXXX.

Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible.

Exactly. The exact verbiage is (omitting personal details):

Hi XXXX, welcome to the Tesla family! Go to ts.la/account to get started on your pre-delivery tasks for XXXXXXXXXXX.

Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible.
Oh, ok- gotya. That explains it! The husband has his phone/email on the order and he did get this text, but nothing else. I think he overlooked that bottom part. Thanks for this! Great clarification!!